Server time: 2019-05-27, 14:08
Sign in to follow this  
YNW Dusty

UN Investigation Frequency

*Khovanov speaks into the radio, using his most professional voice*

This is Sergeant Khovanov with the United Nations forces currently in this side of the country.

As many who have come across us recently would know, we have been conducting investigations into crimes being committed in the area.

In hopes of expediting the process of information gathering, we have set a radio to this frequency to listen to reports of crimes.

Let me make this clear: We will not act immediately on information provided to us, as further information and statements are needed before any action may be taken. We will not act on he-said she-said cases with zero evidence on either side. Those convicted of heinous crimes will be brought before a court and jury of their peers, and their fate will be voted on within reason. The punishment will be in line with the severity of the crime.

Simply put, this frequency is for people to report crimes, or to request meetings with an investigator.

Report a crime with relevant information, and we will open a case.

Peace will prevail.

*Khovanov sets the radio down, and tunes his backpack radio to this frequency*

*Kyle hears the transmission and picks his radio up from the floor of the watchtower before pressing the ptt and speaking with excitement in his voice*

"yo bro i've got a little settlement that me and a friend have built.. thing is we've been hard at work scavenging now our walls are up but some little bastard keep stealin from us and i'd love to find out who it is. i'm gonna be straight with ya, we aint the type of people to cause trouble and we keep ourselves to ourselves and stay out of all the shit. fuck me we even leave a note on our doors to let survivors know they can grab some food and water from our tents if they're in need but we've had some little prick has took everything and left us with absolutely nothin.. they even took the tents man! 

so, what i'm askin is that if you hear anything bout who's being doing this then you can contact me here. i know our neighbours have been robbed too and we aint very happy bruv. it's near the big castle.. erm.. zub i think it's called. we're really strugglin to make it out here now fam please come to our aid"

*kyle's excitement soon turns into sadness as he knows how far fetched the idea of the perpetrator being caught is aswell as the struggles him and his crew are in right now. he throws the radio into his bag before continuing his search for food*

Muladir grabs his radio

"This is 1st Lieutenant Muladir of the United Nations. Unfortunately sir, these cases could prove to be very difficult to ever make ground on. A man with no name nor description that steals when you are away is unfortunately difficult to find. Untraceable in the modern day we find ourselves in. I would recommend watching your stash closely at the hours you would usually be sleeping and catch the man this way or at least observe and find his identity out. We cannot act on nothing. We will aid in whatever way we can in the way of supplies however, simply say the word and we will provide what we are able in terms of support."

He sets the radio aside

*You hear the disappointment in kyles voice*

"i thought as much, worth a try though ayit. just keep an eye out for anyone who's bragging about nickin peoples shit in the zub area for me would ya. as for the supplies i'll have a word with the lads to make an arrangement with you lot so we can get ourselves back on our feet. means alot brotha, you don't get too many good people about these days so it's nice to hear theres others out there still"

*kyle pauses and thinks of anything else he forgot to mention before continuing*

"so yeah, i'll get back to you on that one bruv and again nice one man"

*the transmission ends*

Posted (edited)

A possibly Chernarussian man, given the accent behind the English words, pops up on the airwaves on this frequency. The words appear a bit muffled additionally, but not to the point of being unable to understand them at all.

<:: "I require contact with any UN personnel, ideally operating special encrypted channels or similar. Please advise what line to go for. I will likely be able to mirror your equipment. It will be in your interest to reply - more can be transmitted on different channel.

Call-sign is Viktor-6. Out."

Click.

Edited by Combine

*Hearing the transmission from his office Harris presses the PTT*

"Viktor-6 This is officer Harris of the United Nations, I will contact you back, have you got a place or a frequency we can talk in private?"

*He would roll a smoke and light it up, releasing the PTT*

Same man, same voice.

<:: "124.3, over."

Click.

Same man, same accent. English words. The intonation is somewhat neutral or clinical. No notable breaks or fill-words like "uhh, errr" between the words. Straight to the point you could say.

<:: "Viktor-6 calling UN personnel in province. With Officer Harris being neutralized by terrorists and war criminals on the 18th of May, I require a new contact, over."

Click.