Server time: 2019-05-22, 11:46
Sign in to follow this  
Wolfstorm

Quick question for the major tech peeps

Is a AMD FX-6300 & a AMD RADEON RX 580 good enough setup to run this game with it now being in beta? Computers hardware I'm a beginner in so any help what so ever will do.

Posted (edited)

The graphics card is perfectly fine. The processor isn't as good but still shouldn't have any issues playing the game. It doesn't matter how good your pc is Dayz will still lag in places it's just the way it is lol. But to answer your question, yes it will be fine.

Oh and the graphics card you stated is the equivalent to the recommended for Dayz. Whereas the CPU is the minimum required. Hopefully this added bit of information helps you out a little more

Edited by Saunders

Considering ArmA and DayZ are very CPU intensive, I think that this CPU will be a major performance bottleneck. 

Yeah you will be fine I have and Anthlon 4 core and a ex 440.

8 hours ago, Saunders said:

The graphics card is perfectly fine. The processor isn't as good but still shouldn't have any issues playing the game. It doesn't matter how good your pc is Dayz will still lag in places it's just the way it is lol. But to answer your question, yes it will be fine.

To add onto this, your rig is perfectly capable of running the game, perhaps not at 144 FPS but it can definitely run the game with a few hiccups.

As for this statement by Saunders, imma have to disagree.

DayZ has reached a point of being optimized enough to run very well, with my current setup below I am able to run the game at 144 FPS, and only have it drop just below 60 when entering big towns such as Chernogorsk.

Setup:

GTX 1080

i7 6800K 3.40GHz

32.0 GB DDR4

And to add to that, I am technically running Free-Sync on my monitor instead of G-Sync, so I am not really pushing the capabilities as much as I could.

Make note that the 1080 is also not a "Ti" it was the earlier version and by now would technically be considered old, if I am upgrading at any point its probably gonna be the graphics card next.

Anyway OP yeah you should have no problems playing the game with your rig as long as you try not to stick to the center of Novomitrovsk or Chernogorsk at all times.