Server time (UTC): 2019-08-20, 21:35
Sign in to follow this  
cjackson821

Combat Log Appeal - 3 days 10 points

Posted (edited)

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair:  The situation was a BadRP/FailRP situation. I was held up for gear and ignored by my hostage takers, which they have admitted. They clearly had no intention to roleplay properly (nor were they roleplaying properly), which should've deemed the whole situation invalid. I left the server only to go start the report because they took off in a car and I found the a safe place I could to be without getting killed by zombies. Also, it was pitch black so there was no real luck of running into each other. I doubt they would've come to look for me to roleplay within 30 mins because they didn't even roleplay while I was in front of them. I wouldn't have been able to ask them in OOC to log because they were gone and I didn't know who any of them were, so it was not like I could message them. Additionally, I didn't know (because it is not stated in the rules) that you could go to the helpdesk and ask permission to log.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: Rule 4.4 states that "Hostile situations must focus on the role play experience of both attackers and victims" and there was no roleplay scenario therefore I felt obligated to report the situation and believed the situation was invalidated therefore I believe I was not combat logging. Also, they had no active kill rights because I was compliant; therefore, at that point the only way for any hostile action to continue would be from me having to hunt them down, which would've never happened because of my weapons and being outnumbered. 

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I would like to have the ban lifted and the points removed because I was put in an unfair position by 3 players who didn't create any roleplay scenario.

What could you have done better?: I could've gone to the help desk and asked what I could've done, rather than just exiting the game a short period after the bad scenario that played out. 

Edited by cjackson821

Greetings, 

We have reviewed your appeal and have come to the conclusion to deny your appeal. You were taken hostage and as soon as it was over you logged off the server. That is combat logging. You must wait until your timer has ended before leaving the server to either get off the server or to get off to post the report. Just because it is a bit dark in Chernarus does it mean you can leave the server too. You must wait your 30 minute combat log timer before logging off. No matter what the situation, you must wait the timer out. In the future, wait your timer out before logging off. 

With that said, appeal denied. 

Signed by myself with notes