Server time (UTC): 2019-08-19, 04:45
Sign in to follow this  
ne_om

Unnecessary post explanation

Posted (edited)

Please can I have an explanation on what is (not your opinion but the staff ruling and rules) on an unnecessary post? 

1.5 Do not reply to old threads with no new relevant information (also known as "necro"). The general rule is that all threads with last reply older than 3 months should not be replied to unless one responds with new, relevant information. Forum posts must keep a high standard and add a constructive and meaningful opinion that contributes to the thread at hand. Examples of non-constructive and non-contributing replies are simple and meaningless expressions like "lol", jokes, memes, banter or replies containing only pictures, gifs or other unrelated media. Off topic forums and status updates are the only areas on the website exempt from this rule.

At no where here does saying “no” make it an unnecessary post, it all also states here in rule 1.5 about your posts are to be of meaningful opinion, 

My opinion was it was meaningful to me so surely that’s enough. 

If my point isn’t valid here then please amend the rules as they are not clear and can be abused by staff.  

Edited by neom

Basically the beans system and polls  act as a yes/no system. All other opinions should be at least one sentence containing an argument why/why not.

No - UP

No, because X and Y is bad. - OK

Sign in to follow this