Server time: 2019-05-19, 09:31
Sign in to follow this  
Fllschirmjager

Zombie changes and more

So was thinking and seeing some other things people have mentioned I wanted to suggest something for changes for the zombies and population. So, something that would be really cool to see would be for the zombies to not be able to run but walk. But with the zombies being slower the amount of them could increase to make it feel more like an outbreak. Another thing that may be cool to see is that there would be hordes that would move in a random pattern maybe along roads till they get a sense of something to go after. It would add a sense of danger to travel as you may be strolling down the road then see a horde coming your way. I’d be an interesting RP thing too as you may have to warn people down the road of the incoming horde. Some other things with the central loot economy and the new base building and storage it seems many gun are almost impossible to find so changing the amount of some of the smaller AK’s or something to make them somewhat possible to find. I’d also like to suggest adding another gun that uses the 556/223 caliber ammo as its fairly easy to find but the gun that uses it is very hard to impossible to find.

All very nice ideas, however you need to think of how realistic this is to achieve within DayZ itself, I'm not a developer so I'm not sure how easy this would be to do, but it would be cool to see changes such as these.

Imaging seeing 100 zombies moving towards you at the same speed as your nan on a mobility scooter, not really that scary is it.

But umm, +1 for the rest I guess

I heard talk of hordes a very long time ago! I'd love to see them personally. Also i remember back in like 2015 there was always walking zombies but now they all seem to run, i think there should be a variety of walking/crawling/running infected for sure! Nice idea's, these are some suggestions I can get behind. As for the guns, I like the way things are now. Would be boring if everyone has ak's etc, it's so freshing to see so many diff weapons on so many different people

That does seem cool, running zombies are pretty annoying tbh, +1

As cool as it would be it would be impossible to play. We have the possibility to do hoards and we even have done them in some past events but the server fps goes below double digits and the server crashes constantly from it so it's not realistically going to work out.

Yeah... The FPS is what I was worried about. Otherwise it would have been a sweet idea to have hordes coming at you. 

Very cool and liked idea but impossible due to fps not being able to survive more then 20 zombies on screen. 

People who were at that airfield zombie event know what I'm talking about.

I think the dev's should focus more on civilian weaponry than military weaponry. Everyone shouldn't be scouring the airfield whenever they want a decent weapon. There should be capable weapons you find within civilian areas. 

Everyone sits around the airfield because so many people strive to obtain assault rifles when you are just as capable of killing infected with hunting rifles.

It would make sense  In reality to get your hands on gang weapons, antiques and sporting rifles all In civilian areas.

Not everyone needs to be Rambo, you should get used to less in-demand weapons. Especially since they'll just get stolen from you if a large group catches you with one while you're solo.

Hordes would be nice, but not essential for me. I would definitely +1 slowing them down. Not to make things easy, but to account for the laggy, buggy game. I almost lost my companions for the day due to buggy game mechanics. With running zombies, it was very hard to manage the situation. If they walked, instead of ran; or at least as @Saunderssuggested have more of a variety of walkers and crawlers, with the occassional runner then those types of incidents might be decreased. The constant running IS annoying, especially when the game can lag or freeze and you die unnecessarily because of it.

19 hours ago, Finn said:

I think the dev's should focus more on civilian weaponry than military weaponry. Everyone shouldn't be scouring the airfield whenever they want a decent weapon. There should be capable weapons you find within civilian areas. 

Everyone sits around the airfield because so many people strive to obtain assault rifles when you are just as capable of killing infected with hunting rifles.

It would make sense  In reality to get your hands on gang weapons, antiques and sporting rifles all In civilian areas.

Not everyone needs to be Rambo, you should get used to less in-demand weapons. Especially since they'll just get stolen from you if a large group catches you with one while you're solo.

I would love to see more civilian weapons. would love to find some of the old weapons they added like the Kar98 but have only ever found a few rounds of ammo for it. seems the only weapon I can find now is the SKS. personally while assault Rifles are nice and all would rather have a bolt action rifle or semi auto rifle like the M1A or other civilian models of guns Kinda like the AR15 is in the us, looks like an m4 but only has semi auto. 

So if id add anything to the weapons spawn would love to see more Kars and guns that aren't SKS.

The only zombie change I want is no zombies at all. After a while all the zombies in south zagoria would be killed/rotted away, population isn't that high, just short of 2 years of killing them over and over, some towns have been cleared many many times it doesn't even make sense at this point, they're more of a nuisance now than anything else.