Server time: 2019-05-21, 11:30
Sign in to follow this  
cjackson821

S1 Troitskoe Military Base Hold Up - Bad RP

Posted (edited)

Server Location: Troitskoe Military Base - Road to the South, Approximate server time - 2019-05-07, 05:15

Game Name: Chris Jackson

Names of allies involved: Alex - just met at the time, but friendly

Name of suspects: 3 Unknown males, one German Accent, other 2 American

Vehicles involved: Alex's

Additional Evidence: video @ link - https://youtu.be/f2skhXgqgsc

Detailed Description: Was traveling down the road near the military base when I spotted three guys down the road. I was debating about approaching when a car came up behind me with Alex in it. I told him about the guys and we decided to approach them. So, as we approached they blocked the road and told us to get out of the car. We complied and then they said few words while tying me up. They proceeded to take my blood without saying they were going to do anything. At first, I thought they were trying to inject me with something then realized he was holding a blood bag. I figured at this point they were the “Corporation” that everyone talks about, so I tried to talk to them about it. But they continued to ignore any conversation I was trying to create and then took all my guns. They were clearly talking in a discord and not in game. So, I asked them about their telepathy powers. They admitted that they were trying to figure out what to do with me but were not talking about in game but rather in a private discord conversation, which you can hear people talking in the back when some of them went to talk. They then told me to walk off which I did while they took Alex and all my guns but one, which they thought they had ruined by shooting it multiple times. It was just bad RP. They didn’t explain anything that was going on and even when I tried to get them to talk they just focused on taking my gear and getting out of there. I was hoping for some interaction since I hear about the corporation all the time but never see them. They had no in game conversation except to ask what I was doing there and telling me to leave. There was no RP to the interaction except for taking my gear and leaving me.  

Edited by cjackson821

Okay firstly... I'm very sorry for the way I acted in this situation. There are many excuses I can say that can somewhat justify the way this turned out. I'm a new DayzRP Player... while I was not apart of the situation for, what I'd say was, over half the time, I understand that what I did was not correct. I should've been more attentive to what you were saying in game, my out of game comms got the better of me. I'm sorry. I tried to sort this out with you privately but you seemed to be busy. I hoped to explain my point of view of the situation and explain what, I believe, happened.  I think even so, what I did was badrp. I have watched your POV at least 3 times and noticed that my mic seemed to have been cutting before finishing sentences. There are also plenty of things I said that didn't appear in your POV and plenty of things you said that didn't appear in mine. This may be due to my European connection, I'm not sure. Maybe I just wasn't listening. Again, I'm sorry. Just for reference, I was the man who went off with 'Alex' into the woods out of earshot to speak with him privately for, what I'd say was, most of the conversation. I assumed from my position that my other groupmates were conversing with you and my assumptions led me to believe that there was nothing more I needed to add to the RP. When you said that we had telepathy, it really threw me off OOC. I was extremely confused, I understand now that you were referencing the fact that none of us really spoke to you. I apologise for that. I did genuinely feel bad with the way this turned out.

i apologize for the this i was the guy using the german voice i as well am fairly new to the server and am still learning as i play i did not mean to ruin your role play experience that was not my intentions at all i realize what i did was wrong and that it ruined the role play i will learn from this mistake and in the future not let something like this happen again i am very sorry for what happened 

Connection Logs:

Spoiler
01:53:18 | Player "Sterling Bauer" is connected
05:57:07 | Player "Sterling Bauer" has been disconnected

02:27:05 | Player "Caleb Bauer" is connected
05:21:54 | Player "Caleb Bauer" has been disconnected
05:21:59 | Player "Caleb Bauer" is connected
06:05:00 | Player "Caleb Bauer" has been disconnected

04:41:30 | Player "Rick Salvo" is connected
06:05:58 | Player "Rick Salvo" has been disconnected

03:06:28 | Player "Chris Jackson" is connected
05:13:41 | Player "Chris Jackson" has been disconnected

04:13:11 | Player "Finian O Sullivan" is connected
07:52:40 | Player "Finian O Sullivan" has been disconnected

Position Logs:

Spoiler
05:03:28 | Player "Sterling Bauer" (pos=<8122.8, 14319, 256.2>) 
05:03:28 | Player "Caleb Bauer" (pos=<8122.8, 14319.8, 256.2>) 
05:03:28 | Player "Finian O Sullivan" (pos=<8121.9, 14319.8, 256.2>) 
05:03:28 | Player "Rick Salvo" (pos=<8121.9, 14319.1, 256.2>) 
05:03:28 | Player "Chris Jackson" (pos=<7641.6, 14420.7, 300.1>) 

Calling in:

@Caleb Bauer 

@Korvus

For their full POV's and any unedited evidence they may have.

@Sterling Bauer @Unnxmed You both need to post a POV with your full recounts of the situation.

Ok so for starters I would like to apologize for the fail RP that happened last night, so on behalf of my group I apologize. I was driving down the road and see Chris he says hello I respond asked me if I knew the guys down the role I said "I don't know" when we get to the 3 men (who are in the same group as me) one begins to speak in German, I ask that he speaks in English we were then told to step out of the car. They started to tie the man up and take his blood with no RP whatsoever, and literally walked around him quietly barely saying a word to him. I then got into the discord channel and told them they must talk in-game and RP with the guy cause this is a fail, then he is told to just walk away without any of his guns. I will like to say once more I'm very sorry about the crap RP that he had to go through, cause he did a great job.

I don't have POV recorded but I can recount the event.

Three of us, Caleb, Sterling and I were walking along that road waiting for a pickup (Rick Salvo or 'Alex') and through discord comms, he told us that he had a random guy with him in the car. We were told to do our RP responsibilities like taking blood and then leaving him to do his thing. I told both men to get out of the car from the right side of the car, the driver side and the opposite side to the person who filed the report. I told the driver and the passenger to get out of the car. I then ignored the passenger as both Caleb and Sterling were on his side and I presumed they would deal with him and could deal with him on their own. I told the driver (Rick Salvo) to drop his weapon on the floor. He complied. I picked up his weapon and he moved over to the passenger side of the vehicle. I decided it was too crowded so I gestured and asked Rick to move towards a quieter location near the forest. He complied and I spoke with him for a few minutes whilst I believed Caleb and Sterling were doing their RP with the reporter (person who filed the report). I told Rick the following: "Right, we're just gonna stand here for a bit while I pretend to take your blood and shit and then we'll head back over". Rick replied with varying noises of being in pain which the other people could not hear. I could not hear anything going on over at the car. My only indication of what was going on was my discord comms and when they told me that they had taken his blood and disarmed him, we moved back over. As soon as I was back over at the car, I opened the man's backpack and removed every single weapon he had. I decided this was the best course of action at the moment and I didn't think it required me to say that I was doing it. I then moved away from the car and dropped the pistol which I could not carry and shot it thinking it would ruin. I didn't wanna chance the man coming back to pick it up after leaving and using it against us. I was confused as to why it wasn't working so I asked in comms if it was possible. I was told to stop and I did. Moving back over to the man, he said he knew who we were. That posed a problem so I asked him who did he think we were. I must have misheard or maybe it was in comms but I thought I heard the word Corporation so I panicked. I wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. I inquired through comms on the best course of action and was told to let him go. I tried to get his attention by repeating the word "Sir" over and over and I told him to run off into the forest. Then he threw me off, ingame and OOC when he said that we telepathy. I hadn't the faintest idea what he meant at the time. I wanted to let him go. The rest didn't at the time. I ignored him for the rest of time and focused on getting out of there. I didn't intend for this to go the way it did. I apologise.

Hi so firstly, I am very sorry for how that situation turned out. There are many excuses I could give that excuse my actions. I am new to the server so I am not really acquainted to how robberies should be played out. However now that I have reread the rules I now see that there is a greater level of Roleplay that is needed in order for the scenario to be valid. It was my idea to rob you so I take full responsibility for the actions of that night.

@Caleb Bauer That is not a POV. Post a POV detailing your recount of the situation please.

I was not recording at the time so I do not have my pov recorded 

Me sterling and Aran rolled up to get picked up by Verda(Alex) and saw that he had someone in his car. We decided that we should take his blood and confiscate his weapons temporarily. Once he found out we were potius it kindve through me off due to our KOS rule. There were about 10 people in our discord channel so I couldnt really hear anything so I tabbed out to mute my discord and came back to see that nobody was talking to the victim. I told him to run away for the time being so that we could unload his guns and let him come back for them. I did not know that his blood had been taken due to me being tabbed out.  Obviously there were multiple screw-ups on our end and I hope to learn from my mistakes so that I do not ruin the potential RP for anyone else.

i was not recording but from my pov it was me caleb and aran waiting outside for verda(alex) to show up in the car because he was delivering gear for me, we then noticed he had a stranger in the car so being potius we figured it would be a good idea to take a blood sample, we werent to sure on who was going to be most of the talking which we should have established before the initiation happened, when it did happen no one was really talking so on the spot i started using a german accent to disguise my voice i was later told this was power gaming but didnt realize it at the time which is 100% my fault, there was a lot of chatter from other group members in the discord talking among eachother so it was kinda hard to know who was talking to the player we were holding up and it was even hard to try and talk, this of course cause a lot of dead air time where no one was talking to the player who was being robbed which again is 100% our fault, i tried to make up for it by saying something along the lines of "im just thinking what to do with you" but at that point it was already too late to try and fix the roleplay as he was being stripped of some of his loot without being told why, he ended up putting two and two together and knew we were infact potius, we knew we couldnt give his guns back because he would just try to kill us so finally i think it was aran just ended up telling him to run away into the woods, i just want to make clear that caleb and I are still pretty new to the server and this is only our second robbery the first time we just held the guns while someone else did the talking, we are still learning and we arent perfect we are bound to make some mistakes hear and there but i asure you we will learn from the mistakes we make, we did not mean to ruin anyones role play experience that was not our intentions at all, we just made a bad mistake and all i can say is that i am very sorry for what happened and i will make sure it does not happen again we have really been enjoying playing here and have met some pretty cool people along the way and i would hate to ruin that and have it all taken away, once again i want to apologize for what happened. 

Verdict:

@Sterling Bauer, @Caleb Bauer, @Unnxmed - BadRP - GUILTY

@cjackson821 - Combat Logging - GUILTY

Summary:

To quickly summarise, @cjackson821 and @Korvus drive up to the accused, and are then asked to step out of the vehicle. @cjackson821 is relieved of his weapon, and has his blood taken from him. They have a quick chat about a person @cjackson821 is looking for, however he soon grows suspicious of who the accused's group is, before being sent off into the woods, while they leave.

@Sterling Bauer@Caleb Bauer@Unnxmed This roleplay is frankly unacceptable. You take him hostage, yet there are several points in the video where @cjackson821 is trying to engage with the 3 of you in conversation, and attempt to RP with you further, however, you all instead choose to sit in discord and talk instead of focusing on the hostage situation you started. Your priority should always be on the roleplay at hand, especially during a hostage situation. If other people are talking, or disturbing you while you RP, either move to a different channel or mute yourself. Furthermore, @Sterling Bauer You proceed to take his blood in the video but offer him no reason why, and do not talk for several seconds even when he questions you about it. Finally, you all decide to leave when @cjackson821 becomes suspicious of who you guys are aligned with, and send him off into the woods. 

Now, onto how you guys can improve. In future, we would recommend you shadow the more senior members of your group during hostage situations to get a feel for how one should be conducted, or having one present when you do one yourselves, to guide you. Furthermore, as has been said, RP should always take priority. In general, it seems like there was general disorganisation between the three of you about what your objective here was, so in future, discuss what your intentions are with somebody before you take them hostage, so that you are all on the same page. Give reasons for your actions as well, instead of just performing them and not letting the hostage know why you did it.

@cjackson821 Unfortunately, you logged out soon after you were let go by them, and we require all participants of a hostile situation to stay in game for 30 minutes after the situation ends, unless you have gained OOC permissions from the other party. These can be gained by saying "//Permission to log after this is finished?" Or joining the helpdesk where staff members can assist in helping you get in touch with people OOC.

The rules which support this verdict can be found below:

Spoiler

3.1 You are required to role play your character at all times while in game. No OOC events or communication may take priority over your role play. You are not allowed to ignore other players attempts to role play with you.

3.2 Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in, keeping the current world situation and context of post-apocalyptic world in mind. Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage, or knowingly running into an area of active hostile engagement when not involved in the fight. Characters found guilty of breaking this rule will be permanently marked as dead.

4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.

Outcome:

@Sterling Bauer, @Caleb Bauer, @Unnxmed - BadRP - GUILTY - 5 day ban and 10 warning points each.

@cjackson821 - Combat Logging - GUILTY - 3 day ban and 10 warning points.

Signed by: @RandyRP, @JimRP, @Onyx