Server time: 2019-05-21, 01:35
Sign in to follow this  
WaywardWhale

What would you want from a Detective style group RP Wise?

Posted (edited)

Hey Hey its that Detective boy Whale back again to ask those Detective themed questions. My one this time is what would you want or expect from a Private Eye Detective style group? Like RP and Lore wise? Because honestly I don't remember seeing another type of P.I. Type groups around.

Edited by WaywardWhale

P.I group that's credible enough to solve rumors going around in the land 

Could be super interesting.  A lot of intel gathering and following people I figure.  I feel like you'e really have to be subtle about it, because if you told to many people what you do they might shut themselves off from your group.  You'd also need a feasible form of currency, whether that's info, food, weaponary?  And the cost of your business needs to be worth it for others to want to use your services rather than just do it themselves.

Just some thoughts there.

A PI group that gains information from nefarious means might be intriguing. 

Or... Someone who appears harmless and can easily join conversations and get people to open up and talk about more classified information. 

I think a group that remains off of the forums would be interesting as well. Running around as a dynamic and therefore eliminate any sort of metagaming of group names and members. 

Things to keep in mind, I guess. Up to you really! 

Needs to be a PvP group 1st, detectives second. 

The first time u dig up dirt for a friend of a friend of a friend of a cousin who is in a hostile RP group , they will declare war on your group for being a threat to their privacy. 

Good luck 

Noir accents.

I'd like to see the top part of a piano house converted into an old fashioned office with a busty secretary down below or in the hallway in a reception area with people just seeking aid by the crooked PI who was too radical to be apart of "the force" and uses unconventional means to get the job done. Following his own moral compass. A proper anti hero with a heart of gold. Who's most likely a little bit of a misogynist who drinks copiously to forget his past.

Pretty much Humphrey Bogart in most his films.

I guess I ran a group kinda similar to this 2 years ago with the boys. We would subtly interrogate people on the street or take them hostage and beat information out of them if they were useful in the woods. We kept our identity secret and spread propaganda on the radio. Not sure if that's what you would look into doing, but that's how we did things and you're free to use these ideas. The group was super fun though.

19 minutes ago, Mugin said:

Noir accents.

I'd like to see the top part of a piano house converted into an old fashioned office with a busty secretary down below or in the hallway in a reception area with people just seeking aid by the crooked PI who was too radical to be apart of "the force" and uses unconventional means to get the job done. Following his own moral compass. A proper anti hero with a heart of gold. Who's most likely a little bit of a misogynist who drinks copiously to forget his past.

This is my favourite suggestion of all time. I'll only be happy with this group if they use these suggestions. Anything else, I can not and will not support. 

On 5/7/2019 at 2:27 PM, Mugin said:

Noir accents.

YES YES ALL MY YES. That is amazing. Noir is literally what I based Eddie aound so I'd be happy to play the group this way. Just need to get the accent down.