Server time (UTC): 2019-08-18, 16:16
Sign in to follow this  
JamesRP

Racism and Homophobia

Posted (edited)

Snip

Edited by JMZIE

There has been many of these threads, nothing has been changed. Sorry to tell you but I doubt this thread will change anything. 

source.gif

This has been discussed many, many time already. What's a new thread going to do?

JMZIE, you are beating a dead drum with this one unfortunately.

o7

Perhaps make a poll on this and let the community decide on a yes or no decision. Last suggestion (which was about rape roleplay) was where a rule was put in place. That would be the best idea to do with this too.

Well here we go again i guess. 

Banning words is a slippery slope to banning certain ways of RP. We start with the N word and the F word. Then we move on to banning "retard", then we're banning calling women "whores" in-game cause that's sexist. DayZRP doesn't NEED to cater to Streamers, it hasn't needed to for a while and it should never cater to streamers. If we start down this road we'll soon have utimate SJW rules and no fun is allowed. 

Solution? Stream on another DayZ roleplaying server or maybe on GTA V. DayZRP is the biggest community for a reason, there are no SJW rules. I really hope it stays that way because if we start adopting those kinds of "banning words rules" we're gonna see a big decline of the community. 

I've also never seen anyone abuse these words in-game, i can't even remember the last time i heard anyone say the N word. I think it's really blown out of proportion.  

Just no, dude. If you start to forbid people to say "fuck" IG where do you even stop?

Twitch TOS doesn’t apply here and never should. If you can’t stream here because of it then don’t stream here.

Banning Racism and Homophobia limits RP to an extent, that's the beauty of DayZRP: The freedom of doing what your character would do. You can be banned if it's in a trolly fashion, but if it's done in a "tasteful" way (I use the term tasteful loosely) then I think it can progress stories.

Racism and homophobia happens IRL, why not in an RP sense? It's not nice, but it exists.

If you can't stream because of words used in the roleplay server, then do not stream on the roleplay server, simple as

Limiting what people can say in RP is no bueno

As a blackman I accept the N-word being used tbh, i dont find it disturbing even if no one is streaming, its Roleplay, you shouldnt take it personally most us are grown and should be knowing that, if your younger oh well, its at your own risk, its a no for me on this one homie.

I'm just gonna put this here 

I suggest reading the comments from the communities opinions from 6 months ago.

Where's my beans

again

this have been talked about alot.

To stop people from doing rp is just bad 

If people just walk around and being nice and only say safe words then it gets boring.

Its the nice thing with dayzrp that you can say whatever

Was discussed at length last month.  Check that out here.  Probably a redundant thread to start again.

Posted (edited)

Ooooof, here we go.

It's your boy, The Annoying Orange Here.

I don't care, if I'm playing Benedikt and you're not Chernarussian and white, I'm calling you something you won't like. I don't care about your sensitivity or if you get offended on an OOC level. Man up. 

Sorry I'm not sorry.

27 minutes ago, JMZIE said:

For people who don’t know Twitch can ban people for having racist or homophobic comments being made even if it wasn’t the streamer themselves. 

Aye, @PsiSyndicate pulled that card a while back. Didn't go so well for him. 

Edited by Beni

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Malet said:

Just no, dude. If you start to forbid people to say "fuck" IG where do you even stop?

That's not the F word he was talking about haha.  Totally thought it was at first too.

Edit:  if that was sarcasm, fuck yes I missed it. 

big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Edited by MR Pussywhipped
whoosh

17 minutes ago, Malet said:

Malet for fuck sake 😂

The whole "twitch will ban me argument" is pretty moot to begin with.  

You could easily go into a PUBG lobby and hear WAY worse shit than what's on these servers.

Tbh if your RP is defined by dropping a n-bomb or hating on gay people, your character is boring. That being said, I'd prefer a blanket ban on racism and homophobia instead of the slippery slope disallowing some aspects of it would become. Either that or allow it all, as we currently do, which is easy to enforce as a GM. Personally though, I don't believe the community possesses the same maturity it once did to reliably and convincingly portray such RP.

That and catering to a minority of Twitch streamers over what the community prefers seems asinine to me, let the people dictate what they wanna see and hear in their community, not the media side of things.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, MR Pussywhipped said:

That's not the F word he was talking about haha.  Totally thought it was at first too.

5 minutes ago, Beni said:

Malet for fuck sake 😂

My bad 😅 - I was told in the states that I say "Fuck" to often and that I should watch my language. I didnt even thought about the F-Word he meant. *sneaks away embarrased*

Edited by Malet

we should remove guns from the server because my twitch audience is PG15

Posted (edited)

Another one of these threads.

It has been said before and it will be said again.

This is a mature roleplaying community, racism and homophobic slurs are as crucial for character development as the ability to speak a language.

How boring would it be if an irishman didnt speak with any kind of local slang?

How boring would it be if a racist never said anything remotely racist?

Streaming is at your own risk.

EDIT:
Wanted to add, I am in no way comparing irish to racism on a bad scale, my point was to illustrate character traits, I would find a good irish bloke just as boring as a racist with no vocabulary if he wasnt able to actually speak properly.

Edited by Ducky

8 minutes ago, Ducky said:

How boring would it be if an irishman didnt speak with any kind of local slang?

Idk man, dropping n-bombs, or any kind of bombs for that matter, hasn't been popular in Ireland since the 90s. Slang =/= use of racism though, so unless you're calling Irish folks inherently racist and homophobic, I don't see what this has to do with anything.

Just now, Bot Elmo said:

Idk man, dropping n-bombs, or any kind of bombs for that matter, hasn't been popular in Ireland since the 90s. Slang =/= use of racism though, so unless you're calling Irish folks inherently racist and homophobic, I don't see what this has to do with anything.

Yikes dude.

My point wasnt to claim Irish people are bad, perhaps I phrased it wrong.

What I meant was.

An irish character using slang would give me a jolly impression of a fleshed out, well thought out character.

If he did not use any slang Id be pretty bored.

Same goes for a racist character.

I was not implying Irish people are racist, I was talking about slang.