Server time: 2019-05-22, 23:55
TheMilkman

Extreme Lack of gun spawns

The reasoning behind it is to stop hoarding. Making guns and ammo more rare is a balance thing that is better controlled if we have full access to the loot table without some of it being locked in peoples stash and forget style gameplay.

I also enjoy trading and other types of  interaction but it's also a question of enjoyability in what is ultimately a game.

I still believe trading of weapons can happen without stashes but instead of a few people controlling the whole servers armaments instead people can trade based on what ammo they have or need etc.

There is a large rebalance of loot, including weapons, ammo and food but even some clothing coming, all in an effort to make it both enjoyable as well as somewhat lorefriendly.

We might fail in our goals but if we dont try we wont know and I belive a majority of the players are more positive to a chance of a failed attempt than keeping it as it is now.

15 hours ago, California said:

just rob people for guns :^)

:^)

Most fun way to get guns too tbh

I've come across tents of 1-3 that is literally a hoard of guns. Nothing else. No food, no clothes... just guns.

It gets a bit silly but it's just how life goes. If you want a military gun so desperately it may be time to route through the forests carefully.

Either rob people for their weapons, find a gun yourself, ask someone, find a stash or use melee is all I can recommend.

I haven't been here long but I've already come across 3 "settlements" where there were just caches of guns and ammo inside tents. Nothing else- just weapons. I think there are indeed groups who do nothing but send out patrols to hoard these weapons. I don't know why.

I got a few barrels of ak's n fal's if u want one

3 minutes ago, Ravenous said:

I got a few barrels of ak's n fal's if u want one

As an obvious joke as it is, it's not really funny. Admins or GMs should honestly start deleting stashes. 

15 minutes ago, sandbag said:

I haven't been here long but I've already come across 3 "settlements" where there were just caches of guns and ammo inside tents. Nothing else- just weapons. I think there are indeed groups who do nothing but send out patrols to hoard these weapons. I don't know why.

Yo my man, i got lots of roleplayers that need themselves a good gun to provide top quality RP, mind telling me where these settlements are?

also, NATO guns should be rare af and AK's should be everywhere that would be the most realistic

1 minute ago, Zero said:

As an obvious joke as it is, it's not really funny. Admins or GMs should honestly start deleting stashes. 

It's no joke kill people take there guns n hide them for trade? Deleting stashes would be stupid else whats the point in your earnings

1 minute ago, Ravenous said:

It's no joke kill people take there guns n hide them for trade? Deleting stashes would be stupid else whats the point in your earnings

Well congratulations. You're one of the people ruining the loot economy.

Just now, Zero said:

Well congratulations. You're one of the people ruining the loot economy.

Anytime, If you wanna buy one IC give me nails if not nvm

2 minutes ago, Ravenous said:

Earnings are fine. Hoarding tons of stuff for no real reason to the point that it effects the loot economy is another thing altogether. Not saying just yourself obviously, it's just that when tons of people do that, we have the problems we have now. 

I agree, add more gun spawns or limit groups/dynamics to having like 1 stash or remove them entirely.

Posted (edited)

Traders and currency...you want a gun, buy one. You want to hoarde? Hoarde roubles, better than hoarding guns, less space, better to hide. Sold guns are available to respawn. Balance via prices. Problem solved.

Edited by Achim Birnbaum

Posted (edited)

it makes sense to me to stockpile supply's Especially if your a Store/traveling trader. Or if your apart of a big group. Don't limit something like that. also the issue with deleting spawns or forcing people not to do that would kill immersion for alot of folks. this whole thing isn't a big deal and i don't mind people hoarding just makes it exciting when you discover there stash!

Edited by Robert Faltin

I find guns all the time, do people realize that guns other than Assault Rifles exist? Honestly, I think people need the learn how to use Civilian weapons more.

34 minutes ago, Finn said:

I find guns all the time,

Same. Today we found 4 M16's 2 M1A Socoms and a couple other assorted firearms Mp7 sks etc in the span of 30 minutes. Didn't take any cause we were already geared so head to NW I guess.

Posted (edited)

I mean or, they can simply just bump up the spawns of weapons, it seems like all everyone does is rob people now for weapons. Shit gets real annoying, its a roleplay server, shouldn’t be that hard to figure out.

Edited by Ethan Vincent