Server time (UTC): 2019-08-20, 21:35
Sign in to follow this  
TheMilkman

Extreme Lack of gun spawns

Do we have a plugin or something that lowers the spawn rate on firearms? Its strange to me that I cant find a simple AK in Chernarus anywhere and I've been killed by zombies twice so far mainly due to a lack of firepower. I dont know if large groups go around and hoard everything or what but It seems they just spawn a lot less. Anyone else run into this problem?

just rob people for guns :^)

1 minute ago, TheMilkman said:

Do we have a plugin or something that lowers the spawn rate on firearms? Its strange to me that I cant find a simple AK in Chernarus anywhere and I've been killed by zombies twice so far mainly due to a lack of firepower. I dont know if large groups go around and hoard everything or what but It seems they just spawn a lot less. Anyone else run into this problem?

We do have something that lowers the rate of spawns, they're called gear hoarders.

Unfortunately the Admins and Developers attempts to sway the idea that people are here for RP by lowering the amount of time Stashes are to not despawn from like however many months they were before to 72-48 hours hasn't worked. Many have put forward the idea to remove the ability to hide stashes completely and unfortunately it likely won't happen because the small majority that enjoy their vaults are rather loud towards their cause.

tl;dr - People hoard shit, you either rob, trade or get lucky and find that mole hill in the woods near debug.

Are guns hard to come by? - Absolutely. You mainly find SKS's and MP5's nowadays.

Does this mean you have to die to zombies? - Nope, just sneak around them more and look into those guard houses with the office to the right and the bathroom to the back left. They usually spawn silencer and smaller caliber weaponry.

Wow Im really shocked people hoard THAT much gear for no reason. A Regular player like me who dosent want to rp someone who robs others cant even get a simple ak. I've even searched military spawns that no one goes to and they all empty

1 minute ago, TheMilkman said:

Wow Im really shocked people hoard THAT much gear for no reason. A Regular player like me who dosent want to rp someone who robs others cant even get a simple ak. I've even searched military spawns that no one goes to and they all empty

Honestly just grab a shotgun, if it wasn't for wanting to defend myself from others I'd be rocking one.

Shotguns are the move now.

26 minutes ago, TheMilkman said:

If you're wanting to fight zombies with guns you're doing it wrong.  Good ol' knife to the dome is the way to go.

Find friends, see if you can offer anything for weaponary.

In my opinion it's pretty realistic that guns would be tough to find this far into the apocalypse, people would definitely hoard them, yeah maybe it sucks in game, but we're working with 2 years of IC story lines here.

If you want to stay alive, shack up. 1 assault rifle won't do much to 3 MP5s. People are often more deadly in numbers, so if infected got you down, do as they do and bring BACKUP. And a morphine injector, for that quick health boost. 

Assault rifles aren't necessary. Friends are.

There used to be monthly persistence wipes, but for some reason that stopped. I think they need to be reimplemented.

There are very many people who play on this server just to loot and stash it, rinse and repeat. These guns are then never lost because their stashes don't get found, and persistent containers last for 45 days if they aren't touched so as long as they just move something in their stash every once in a while, it never despawns or gets put back into the loot table.

The only place to find good stuff is on other people, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I wish things would still spawn. I think either monthly wipes need to return, or persistent timers for untouched containers need to be lowered to 2 weeks instead of 45 days.

I've use myself a Mosin and that defends decently against infected. One shot body kills. Hop on a bit of elevation and shoot away. Thinking you NEED an automatic to defend against infected means think smarter, not harder. Use houses to your advantage, use safety in numbers, sneak around infected, sneak kills against infected are 1 hit kills as well. There's many options other than grab an automatic and spray away. 

You gotta robb peps for guns becose people hoard alot.

If you have luck maybe you will find a gun after restart or find a stash or base.

But ye gun spawns are low

Who wants an AK if you can have a SKS or a Tundra. 

Also shotgun is the shizzle right now. 

Ive been using nothing but the SKS and my MK22 Mod 0 (9 mm pistol) for a while now and they work great against infected and the very rare moment when I have to shoot another person.

Id love to see more gun spawns, though. From a mostly campfire RPer standpoint its ridiculous that they spawn so little with people hoarding them constantly.

Mil rifles are mainly used by PVP'ers or people that are responding the threat of PVP'ers. It's rare that people with civvie weapons hold anyone up. AR's bring safety to the person. Imaginary safety. But it also brings the fear for others. "will this guy rob me for my dank M4?". Maybe. If people are out there looking for rifles, they will rob others from it. Because cycle of shooting others must go on. Always... Civilian rifles should be more common, and they should be used more. Or the damn ammunition lowered. Guns are not going anywhere, stockpile of ammo should be disappearing slowly...

If u go run into pustoshka n mass initiate on everyone you can have my m4 if you want

This is like the 500th thread to pop up about this particular issue but apparently there isn't a hoarding problem.

As it stands, unless you're a very lucky boy, you'll need friends to acquire and keep your good guns for more than a minute. Most loners stash their rifles in their big bags or somewhere in the woods, so get robbing or get digging 😄 

Removing the ability to store rifles(both hunting and automatic) in any kind of storage, backpacks, tents, barrels etc is what will most likely happen next patch, unfortunate as it is for legit players, the hoarding of weapons has made this neccessary. You will be able to store SMG's and Pistols in your clothing/storage but no more 2 or 3 rifles in your backpacks and no more burrying of rifles or storing them in barrels underwater/inside trees exploiting, it's still a bit 50/50 on storing them in tents.

On top of that Gremlinco has made a huge rebalance of spawns of which type of gun spawns more(eastern block will spawn more commonly) and rebalance of ammo spawns.

@Misho What about big tents? It makes sense to be able to store in them. The tents are fairly easy to find, and loot. But I totally understand everything else which is easily hidden from eyes, should have not the ability. But like, civilian rifles, stored in friendly encampments are not wanted. So I see no reason to make it so that everything can't be hidden?

1 minute ago, Isaiah Cortez said:

@Misho What about big tents? It makes sense to be able to store in them. The tents are fairly easy to find, and loot. But I totally understand everything else which is easily hidden from eyes, should have not the ability. But like, civilian rifles, stored in friendly encampments are not wanted. So I see no reason to make it so that everything can't be hidden?

That's why it's still a bit 50/50 on that part. Since they are visible and can't be exploited like the other storage options, it's possible that we will allow it however guns will take a much larger inventory space to reduce the amount of guns you can store in one tent.

I see the reason behind this decision, but will still voice my opinion. I personally think the idea of military guns being rare is quite cool. While it is indeed frustrating sometimes gameplay-wise, it encourages more scavenger-type behavior. Sneaking around a town to find food and ammo in low quantities makes sense in the IC lore. Having assault rifles all over the place and high-end gear is just immersion breaking (to me at least). The idea of high tier guns being rare also forces communities to interact with each other if they want that equipment. I just like the idea of two communities trading with each other for weapons or something. In-game shops with valuable items could be much more prominent, and just much more RP could be had. Like I said, I understand the decision and why it is happening, but I would rather leave things the way they are.

Honestly, I dont understand why everyone decides to dress like military and use military weapons when their characters are civilians. You can easily get by with a mosin and it will down them in one well placed shot and the ammunition is very common.

16 minutes ago, Finn said:

Honestly, I dont understand why everyone decides to dress like military and use military weapons when their characters are civilians. You can easily get by with a mosin and it will down them in one well placed shot and the ammunition is very common.

Military clothing holds more.

I mean, if in any sort of survival/camping situation you presented me with the option of wearing jeans in real life, or wearing literally any color of military clothing that had more pocket-space then the jeans, I'd wear those. I don't care that I'm not army, its practical. 😛 

As for the military weapons though, agreed there. Although not for the same reasons. It makes 100% sense from an IC perspective to be armed to the teeth when you live in a world that has walking infected trying to eat you. The counterpoint to that, and the reason my characters don't usually carry military grade weapons, is that people will rob you for a military grade gun... Although normally not for the clothes.

I say let the only building that can hold rifles be the small weapon rack that has been developed.

The fact that guns are rare, not because of the loot table but because people horde excessive amounts of them for literally no reason is a problem.

57 minutes ago, Ducky said:

people horde excessive amounts of them for literally no reason is a problem.

People hoard them because either A. Others will hoard them too, or B. They can't be bothered to take the time to loot up after they die, so they just take it from the loot table for themselves. It's bullshit.