Server time (UTC): 2019-08-19, 00:27
Sign in to follow this  
YNW Jasper

Group Feedback Suggestion

Group Feedback Changes  

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like the idea of a Group Feedback thread similar to the Staff Feedback, with the removal of bean potential. Probably a subsection in the Council forums perhaps so only the Group Owner can reply to the feedback as a representative for the group's goals, members, and ideals. 

This could help to reduce feedback that has no substance and would be better thought out and added in a manner which could actually help the group rather than lightly 'dig' at it and leave no constructive criticisms.

Just now, DaRsnn said:

This could help to reduce feedback that has no substance and would be better thought out and added in a manner which could actually help the group rather than lighty 'dig' at it and leave no constructive criticisms.

Also that it's not only to counter what I mentioned in the post but also to cut down on salty or poorly written feedback that has no real substance to it. It's not a one sided suggestion and I want to make that clear. 

If people used proper templates like staff feedback, it would make things a lot easier to consult on and to see the problematic areas the group may be having. If can also cut back on just non-effective feedback that is left that just keklmao4u kind of ordeals. Constructive criticism is left for improvement (this applies to anyone) otherwise they will never learn what to improve.

'ty 4 feedback' should be met with UP. 

You're not adding to the feedback given nor are you adding anything constructive to the conversation/ topic. While most will disagree that more points aren't needed clearly they are for people to have some form of structured, mature conversation with each other to get to the bottom of lets be honest, petty matters the majority of the time.
No need to remove things such as BeanZ from another section of the forums where they can be used with actual meaning, just be more heavy handed with bullshit remarks and responses to genuine feedback.

3 minutes ago, Mexi said:

'ty 4 feedback' should be met with UP. 

You're not adding to the feedback given nor are you adding anything constructive to the conversation/ topic. While most will disagree that more points aren't needed clearly they are for people to have some form of structured, mature conversation with each other to get to the bottom of lets be honest, petty matters the majority of the time.
No need to remove things such as BeanZ from another section of the forums where they can be used with actual meaning, just be more heavy handed with bullshit remarks and responses to genuine feedback.

I agree with this. What is the difference between "Thank you for the feedback" and "+1"? 

I agree with this, and i dont know if im like most people but I want feedback on my group and my rp ect, because how else am I going to get better. I always try my best to respond to it in a useful manor as well. However, there's also the argument people leave feedback as hate ect.

Would you rather people not say anything back? The feedback was taking into consideration, just not a thoughtful response was posted back. The responses were meant for the person who posted the feedback, to know that their feedback was acknowledged and taken into consideration. I don't know why you would want a paragraph response.

31 minutes ago, ZorullRP said:

Would you rather people not say anything back? The feedback was taking into consideration, just not a thoughtful response was posted back. The responses were meant for the person who posted the feedback, to know that their feedback was acknowledged and taken into consideration. I don't know why you would want a paragraph response.

OK well you'll have to forgive my profound lack of confidence in someone repeatedly saying "LOL thanks for the feedback" and "HaHAAAA Thanks for the feedback" over and over again while you were all beanzing one another's comments that all said the same thing. Let's not pretend that "Thanks for the feedback" is a genuine statement half the time either and isn't just something people usually put in there to passive aggressively spite someone who has left feedback. 

But as I said this isn't just about your groups feedback page, nor is it only about the "Thanks for your feedback" side of things either, it's also a deterrent to the one sentence pointless negative feedback that provides nothing but salt. 

I just see no reason to NOT want unless you just straight up don't care. I'm sorry but if you care then you can muster up the energy to converse and explain your side of someones feedback on your group page. If you don't care then you won't bother. That's the way I see it anyways. So in short yes, I do think that if people care enough to have a group up and genuinely care what people think about their group and the problems people could have with their groups style of RP,  writing more than one sentence isn't nearly as problematic as you're making it sound. 

It seems every time I see group feedback it's passive aggressive negativity from a bad IC experience most of the time.

if you think im responding to feedback and not making @Mexi do it ur dead wrong

group owners and group mods on CP can reply, then maybe.

I'm ngl...

I'm more in favour of upholding a standard of constructiveness than a template.

Groups are supposed to be more social, about having fun etc. and I just feel like a template undoes a lot of that. Plus if i'm leaving a "hey cheers for the RP, this group's RP was top notch bc of x" comment it's still good to hear, but doesn't really need a template.

Good suggestion don't get me wrong, but whilst I think some people should respond a little more seriously to feedback, a full template takes a social aspect too seriously. My 2 cents. 

As @Mexi said, and now in my own words, clowning on somebody as a group with "ty for the feedback" should be treated as an UP IMO. It's shitposting, it isn't doing anything constructive, it isn't having a dialogue between somebody that has a concern and the group owner. This was just the most recent example to reference to.

I don't see how forcing group owners to respond a certain way to group feedback would make that group provide better RP. Do they have to say different stuff to every group feedback or can you copy paste the same response to every feedback? 

All that will happen from this is people creating feedback just to force the owner of the thread to reply to the feedback. This just moves the problem instead of actually fixing it. 

-1 from me 

3 minutes ago, NozzyRP said:

I don't see how forcing group owners to respond a certain way to group feedback would make that group provide better RP. Do they have to say different stuff to every group feedback or can you copy paste the same response to every feedback? 

All that will happen from this is people creating feedback just to force the owner of the thread to reply to the feedback. This just moves the problem instead of actually fixing it. 

-1 from me 

It shows a baseline effort and isn't just some weird attempt at clowning someone and beanzing each others posts and patting each other on the back. It brings focus back to actually explaining your own point of views and hopefully finding common ground between your group and whoever is taking issue with your group. It leads to less of that toxic back handedness that everyone can agree makes this community a toxic place sometimes, and places the focus back onto actually resolving issues rather than just being passive aggressive with one another and fostering hate towards one another. 

Baby steps. 

You'd be surprised how well people start to get along if they actually both vocalize their issues with one another and talk through them and meet somewhere in the middle or one side or the other sees the error in their ways and adjusts accordingly. 

5 minutes ago, NozzyRP said:

-1 from me 

So.. It would force the owner to take the feedback given, bring it to whom it concerns, get their side, present it and come to a reasonable understanding with the opposing party? 

Sounds like a reasonable suggestion.

Have mixed opinions. I think something needs to be done. Maybe have an option for people to use template but don't make it mandatory and if someone were to use the template enforce rules where the person replying to the feedback is actually replying in a construction manner as to posting "ty for feedback". I don't think you should force people to use a template though as sometimes we just want to send them a quick "thanks for the RP today was very fun and enjoyable" message to the group and making the form mandatory would just kill those types of messages.

In all i'd go with the give and take system and enforce a system where feedback must be taken seriously and a good response much be made.

I barely ever see negative group feedback work in the first place so either using a template and still not getting an answer or forcing them to lie to you both seems like a waste of time. 

Points should have been issued but I'm not surprised they weren't either. 

Good suggestion fellow community member @YNW Jasper.

We should put up a group feddback thread with every group so thay feedback doesnt mess up or clutter the group thread itself, and that the group owner can respond freely, but have it free of formats to actually give out a better feedback rather than something that is written more like a finals essay 

This is simply causing more restriction to another thread. -1 for me.

It wont change shit, imo. Salty people will still put a template around their nonsense and people who don't give a fuck about your feedback wont start giving a fuck just because you put a format around it. 

I'd much rather have a "ty for feedback" than an actual reply that is only there for the looks and without any sort of substance behind it.

-1 for me too

Nothing official, just have actual feedback

You can't force a group owner to make a template for giving him and his group feedback.

Same as the fact that you can't force people to listen to feedback because at the end of the day it's all a matter of pinion.

ty for feedback is fine, you don't need to know how people are going to take your feedback lmao.

1 hour ago, JackZRP said:

You can't force a group owner to make a template for giving him and his group feedback

Yes you can.

1 hour ago, JackZRP said:

You can't force a group owner to make a template for giving him and his group feedback.

Same as the fact that you can't force people to listen to feedback because at the end of the day it's all a matter of pinion.

ty for feedback is fine, you don't need to know how people are going to take your feedback lmao.

I don't think you quite read what I said. I'm not saying that a group owner needs to make a template for giving feedback. I'm saying there should be a default template that all negative feedback and criticisms should go through like the staff feedback section. Please read my post again, maybe you missed it or something 🙂

Anyways while it may be a matter of "pinion" as a group owner or a group as a whole I think there needs to be a certain degree of giving a shit one should show and effort they're putting forth when their group is being criticized. Like you're making it out like a group would be put on public trial. Not quite the case. It's a more condensed and cohesivley written feedback that they'd reply to and either concede that they felt that ____ could have been better or explain why they think that whatever the criticism being handed to them is unfounded. It ain't rocket science friendo. 

But ty for the feedback on my poll 😉