Server time (UTC): 2019-08-21, 19:04
Sign in to follow this  
Oisin

Initiations.

So ive been reading the report below and have a simple question. 

When initiating, at least to my understanding, you have to give a clear demand and consequence whilst making your intentions unambiguous. I.E. ''Put your fucking hands up or die'' *Raises gun in game* 

Now lets look at rule 4.1 

4.1 All initiations and hostile actions as well as their demands and conditions must be made clear and unambiguous to all involved players. -snip last part-

So to me this seems like the same i stated above, you give a clear initiation, hands up or die for example whilst showing hostile intent mostly by raising a gun or otherwise.

Now lets look to what Jim has said in the report with this comment.

''i) Like I already said, in the rules it states that you just need to make your demands and conditions clear, it doesn't say you have to state them vocally.''

Now to me it seems abit strange that you dont have to state your demands or conditions vocally, its kind of a loophole that could be abused with lazy, unclear initiations. 

To Jim's credit he does saying pointing a gun does make it obvious, however tone of voice and more importantly what you say counts alot. To me it doesnt seem difficult to give a clear demand and consequence whilst raising a weapon to show -SERIOUS- Hostile intent. 

So lets get to my question.

When was this changed and Why? 

This was never changed and has always been as @JimRP describes. Pointing a weapon at someone and giving a demand has always fulfilled the demand and consequence aspect of an initiation. Alternatively one can vocalize the threat "or die", but when having a gun pointed in your face the consequence is blatantly implied. 

Do note however that simply having a gun pointed at you does not grant you kill rights kn the person raising it however, as a demand must also be given for an initiation to be seen as complete.

Sign in to follow this