Server time (UTC): 2019-08-21, 19:01
Sign in to follow this  
YungBrandonRP

STFU about this staff bias shit.

Posted (edited)

I've recently seen that community members always calling out staff on being biased. Staff is allowed to have opinions. Just because of someones name I.E. RandyRP he gets a bad rep because he has rp in his name. If he was so biased tell me how I got hit with almost every single rule in this report: 

If he was that biased I wouldn't have almost gotten assassinated. So please stop with this rp bias shit. 

d28495ec09028771187a5be474bcca34.png

Edited by YungBrandonRP

Surely a better alternative than a title of "shut the fuck up" is to just DM the individuals saying he's biased and explain to them why he's not biased?

Because that kind of shit happens Brandon. Maybe not Randy but it does happen.

It is shit but yea.

Posted (edited)

Regardless of what is said in the report, staff are definitively biased.

This is just the way we do our Jury system rather than it being automated, which would more than definitely be stricter and harsher with punishments and probably impossible to implement. I've read a few university papers which basically state that the relationship between the number of professionals judging a subjective crime case and the correct and fair conclusion is inversely correlated. So regardless of whether 5 people or 10000 people are judging the report, it will always be biased. 

To answer your question more directly, just ignore people who call bias and don't get your emotions in the way. It's not a perfect system just like every judicial system isn't perfect. If people want to call the system biased and call their verdicts bullshit, let them. You haven't taken any moral high ground by saying you haven't.

Edited by Monday

1 minute ago, Monday said:

It's not a perfect system just like every judicial system isn't perfect

100% Agree with this. It will never be perfect, but I'd rather have a sometimes biased system rather than close to no system at all. It would be best if did not happen at all but shit, that ain't possible. 
I feel like its whatever though. 

Posted (edited)

When Randy has "RP" tagged to there name, which is WIDELY known in the community that only a specific group of close friends have RP tagged to their names. Then we're gonna assume he's biased no matter what. It screams "THESE ARE MY FRIENDS AND I'M BIASED" just as much as being in the same group as those individuals. 

I personally don't believe Randy is Biased. He's done a whole lot of good in the staff team and is one of the staff members i trust the most. However, you cant deny given the fact that the entire community knows what the "RP boys" are, that accusations of Bias will come no matter what you do. Screaming "STFU Look i got banned so no bias". Holds just as much weight as Trump saying "No Collusion" as he sits on Putins lap.

Edited by Ender

i love you brandon 

Posted (edited)

So true, lots of people saying one staff member is biased while at the same time saying other staff members who they know personally are completely unbiased just feeds this whole conflict. 

All it takes it one different verdict than one party in a report had expected and that staff member is branded as biased. There is not much we can do about this. The RP tag shouldn't matter at all really, people know who is friends with who and even if Randy removed the RP he would not be viewed as a less biased staff member. The RP tag doesn't matter at all in this debate.

19 minutes ago, Ender said:

And screaming STFU Look i got banned so no bias. Holds just as much weight as Trump saying "No Collusion" as he sits on Putins lap.

It does prove a point? If he was really biased surely @YungBrandonRP would not have gotten a whopping 20 warning points in a report that Randy was handling. This goes back to the fact that Randy could be the most unbiased staff member EVER and still be called biased, much like Trump in real life. The Mueller report said he did not collude with Russia yet people still think he did. 

Edited by NozzyRP

11 minutes ago, Diamond said:

i love you brandon 

😘😘🤪

36 minutes ago, Para said:

Surely a better alternative than a title of "shut the fuck up" is to just DM the individuals saying he's biased and explain to them why he's not biased?

Nah, I’ve already put the report and sc out on the forumns many times. 

28 minutes ago, Monday said:

To answer your question more directly, just ignore people who call bias and don't get your emotions in the way. It's not a perfect system just like every judicial system isn't perfect. If people want to call the system biased and call their verdicts bullshit, let them. You haven't taken any moral high ground by saying you haven't.

I agree whole heartedly if you see in my post I say that staff are biased and its understandable  they should have opinions, and the post was more of a statement than a question. I just hate seeing people whine about bias when you can clearly see in the report theres no bias there. 

Look, I'm happy that a situation has turned out that didn't result in staff bias, but that doesn't make up for other situations that have been put under the microscope, be it current or past staff members.

10 minutes ago, YungBrandonRP said:

I agree whole heartedly if you see in my post I say that staff are biased and its understandable  they should have opinions, and the post was more of a statement than a question. I just hate seeing people whine about bias when you can clearly see in the report theres no bias there. 

Aight, I understand. I suppose I mean if I were you, I would keep it off the forums and let staff dealing with people complaining about staff bias. 100% of the time, they will deny appeals assuming such an accusation. 

What in the where did the RP tags come into this? I thought that was just a meme from JimRP's name?

59 minutes ago, Ender said:

When Randy has "RP" tagged to there name, which is WIDELY known in the community that only a specific group of close friends have RP tagged to their names. Then we're gonna assume he's biased no matter what.

Everyone puts RP in their names nowadays man, putting something in your name doesn't mean shit anymore.

As an avid report reader I can say that almost every verdict I've seen Randy post has been spot on. This is a case of people jumping to conclusions just because they see RP behind a name.

RP means different things to different people. Role Player, Rob People, Rolle's Pet... Don't assume the meaning behind someone's name.

Everyone Biased to some extent. No getting around it completely. Dont get offended when someone you know gets called biased, trust me, just pm the guy who is pissed about a report to call it biased. Also, lets say the man is biased (Ive talked to him, hes chill, dont seem biased) A Staff is required to hit you with rule breaks even if they are biased twords you, If you break every rule in the book they cant just say fuck it and let it slide. You fucked up and got hit for it, dont make the staff not biased for doing so. Thus this post is pointless. None the less, the "Staff Biased" does not come out as often as people make it out, but it is a real thing...

Huh

Most staff members have friends and alot of cases have done reports with their friends in it. 

People never bring this up becose they dont care.

When randy does something people scream bias 

3 hours ago, Ender said:

When Randy has "RP" tagged to there name, which is WIDELY known in the community that only a specific group of close friends have RP tagged to their names. Then we're gonna assume he's biased no matter what. It screams "THESE ARE MY FRIENDS AND I'M BIASED" just as much as being in the same group as those individuals. 

I personally don't believe Randy is Biased. He's done a whole lot of good in the staff team and is one of the staff members i trust the most. However, you cant deny given the fact that the entire community knows what the "RP boys" are, that accusations of Bias will come no matter what you do. Screaming "STFU Look i got banned so no bias". Holds just as much weight as Trump saying "No Collusion" as he sits on Putins lap.

rp hasnt meant shit in a while, a lot of people have it in their name.

trust me, young will is far from biased, but he's also one of the few staff i respect having said position.

but going 'look look randy banned me once before!' isn't proof of shit. an obvious rulebreak, a verdict that was asked to be rushed, and a couple days later, nothing but spilled milk.

that isn't the issue in the community. Randy handing out bans isn't the issue by a damn longshot.

Posted (edited)

I don't think there's staff bias but some report verdicts are definitely highly questionable at times. Not because who is handling them, but because of the verdict itself not making a lot of sense.

Edited by Zero

There is bias, it sucks. The verdicts are discussed by any GM online at the time, if I remember correctly when I was working on reports if you were associated with the person at all then you really had no say. I hope it still works this way, no matter what you say someone neutral will always approach it differently so it removes any chance of even a little bias. Randy seems fine, but we don't know what any GM says in the staff chat, so he could be fighting tooth and nail for his boys and we wouldn't know, just because he delivers verdicts on you don't mean much.

There is absolutely bias, and pretending there isn’t is just woefully ignorant. 

Dont forget the amount of cautions or verbal warnings you received when you were on final warning, all because people in staff liked you. 

Staff members’ opinions of people absolutely affects the decisions they make that affect that person. Whether it be in regards to verdicts, appeals, or debating whether posts are point-worthy or not. Back in the day, staff were held to higher standards. This is not the case anymore.

5 minutes ago, YNW Dusty said:

There is absolutely bias, and pretending there isn’t is just woefully ignorant. 

Dont forget the amount of cautions or verbal warnings you received when you were on final warning, all because people in staff liked you. 

Staff members’ opinions of people absolutely affects the decisions they make that affect that person. Whether it be in regards to verdicts, appeals, or debating whether posts are point-worthy or not. Back in the day, staff were held to higher standards. This is not the case anymore.

"We do not monitor who is friends with who in staff. only group members" I want to know when the fuck this was changed, because thats not how it was when You and I were in staff. Its absolutely ridiculous.

Thing about human nature is we all have, whether we realize it or not, internal prejudices that sway our decisions in our interactions with people every day. Part of being a good staff member is being able to remove yourself from your internalized bias' to make objective decisions. That does not mean it is done well all the time, but the people that we have on our staff team all do so well, and I stand by them. I am sorry that a member of staff made a decision you don't agree with, but there are no decisions made by a singular staff member, so please hold your accusations of bias.

I'd say almost guaruntee'd that there is a bias in staff from those that are friends with others, like has been said, I doubt just the fact that someone posts the verdict means all that much considering most reports are based on 2-3 different GM and sometimes even Moderator input. 

However this is just a fact of life in the community and IF it can be avoided then that'd be nice, but I don't think anything can really be done to avoid it, the quality of staff integrity has changed somewhat, whether for the better or worse i'm not sure. 

I do think it's worth stating if you feel Bias might occur just to advise any GM's or staff that are working on the job of this through a post on the report to possibly avoid Bias throughout the verdict-decision making process.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ender said:

"We do not monitor who is friends with who in staff. only group members" I want to know when the fuck this was changed, because thats not how it was when You and I were in staff. Its absolutely ridiculous.

preach

We didn't use to be allowed to do anything with anyone that we were friends with staff-wise before, but now that has changed I believe after Rolle's comment. Seems like a lot has changed. Nontheless, back to the topic at hand. If the person putting up the report wants someone else to handle it, where really lays the problem? I bet you there are several other GMs wanting to hop on the report and Randy can always just hop on another report. Even if it isn't biased or even if it's allowed. It still looks bad honestly.

The title makes the thread looks childish therefore it won't really be taken seriously. 

Edited by Strawberry