Server time (UTC): 2019-06-21, 00:19
Sign in to follow this  
Jackfish

Impact from groups

I have a quick question,

Does staff keep track if groups actually have impact on the server and if they dont, will there be consequenses?

@Major and other LMs at the time used to have a list of current groups, what they had done and what their role in the servers powerstruggle was but I dont think its been updated for a long ass time.

This is a good question, I think to many people in groups just go and hide away and its really hard to find people at times. If theres an active group not impacting the server then I don't think they should be allowed to be official. The server gains nothing from people just hiding away from everyone.

Define impact.

4 minutes ago, Ron said:

Define impact.

The amount of times you're mentioned in "Whose rolepaly did you enjoy today"

11 minutes ago, Ron said:

Define impact.

Well, you guys are known for your good RP ooc and known for the drug IC. 

there are some groups that dont have any impact IC or just dont do anything to progress lore/ RP. IMO those groups should not be allowed to be official. Loremasters etc should keep track if groups are doing useful things ingame.

11 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

you guys are known for your good RP ooc 

Well but who judges if groups have a good kind of impact in the server ?  Can't be handled by LM's only. I also sense a big chance of bias.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

Well, you guys are known for your good RP ooc and known for the drug IC. 

there are some groups that dont have any impact IC or just dont do anything to progress lore/ RP. IMO those groups should not be allowed to be official. Loremasters etc should keep track if groups are doing useful things ingame.

Riiiiight riiight, so you're sain if I decide to make a small campfire RP group and RP with eachother mainly internally (ofc there is always external RP even if you would not want to) that means I am not making any impact on the lore/server/other non-group members and thus those people do not deserve to be official? 

Thats a sick view on the matter, 10/10 would restrict campfire roleplayers again (thats a joke obviously)

Not everyone is here to focus on progressing server lore for completely everyone and such. Some people just want to have fun and enjoy playing their own story with their friends, that doesnt mean anyone should not allow them to run an actual group. 

Edited by Majoo

Posted (edited)

Someone's interpretation of a groups impact on the lore can be different to others. Judging the level of impact would be incredibly difficult because what is your starting point and how do you measure it? Surely a groups impact is in part based on their goals and if they follow/complete them. Also some groups can be restricted in their perceived impact due to other groups actions.

To me if a group is following their goals and are active then there shouldn't be any consequences. To say a group has to make an impact or else would have a negative impact on RP in my opinion.

Edited by Samaritan

LMs don't deal with groups at all, other than consulting them and the admins and occasionally writing feedback.

7 minutes ago, Major said:

LMs don't deal with groups at all, other than consulting them and the admins and occasionally writing feedback.

maybe there needs to chance something then 

Why is there any need for special group impact rules or anything like that? It should be a common fucking general goal for any group in this community to create something good and cause impact on the ig lore through their role play.

If groups/ people break rules that is the only area where staff should get involved. Don't cause yourself more restrictions guys.

I do agree to an extent with the sentiment being made here. Some groups don’t really provide anything for the server or other people. Some seem to exist only for the sole purpose of allowing its members kill rights. 

IMO

Not all groups need to be lore pushing. Some groups are here to have fun and internal, which is fine. There's no reason why just because you choose a different style of RP you should be an exception to the benefits of groups. 

Plus if EVERY group had to be this big lore driving force none of us would actually get shit done as everybody would be busy with their own project, meaning it has no influence over the masses. 

My 2 cents

What a vague topic for discussion.  The term "impact on a server" could mean so many different things.

Not every group is going to progress the lore and I have literally no idea how you would go about tracking that accurately and without bias.

Nah, approved groups have been approved for a reason.  Their goals should be monitored, but being gauged for "impact on the server" just makes no sense to me.

I've seen plenty of different types of groups impact the server over the past years from hostile to hero to "hidey campfire rpers".  That impact comes naturally from the RP, not people breathing down group leaders necks for some forced rule that says you have to do so.

Posted (edited)

Don't think any staff does this type of work.
I get what you mean though I thought the same for some time as in having groups have some form of an impact on people around them instead of just posting a page to get rights or just post it to showcase how interesting you can be without well-doing anything that affects people around you expect for yourself. The issue with that is that it would give so much power to staff to just say well I don't like this or you do not do enough of this /archived.

Edited by Eagle

Chipping in.

I don't think every group should be kept tabs on if they are actually making an impact. To be honest it would just give LM's more work to deal with and not even necessary work. I think groups should be allowed to grow in their own directions as long as their goals make sense from a lore point of view and well, just common sense wise.

I think impact on roleplay should be the priority, not an impact on lore. Lore progresses with LM's from what I've seen and the events brought forth.

I kinda prefer the impact to be on the social eco than the Lore, otherwise, we get into a place where we're just sucking up to appeal to the Lore Gods for some form of infamy. It also lends to the potential for favoritism and as stated previously, offers too much power to both the LM and the group(s) they favor. 

Yeah staff doesn't need to get anymore involved in groups thanks. More work for us and plus it's not needed.