Server time (UTC): 2019-08-18, 16:22
Sign in to follow this  
Swiss Miss

allow us to choose spawns with this

So... Some mod level stuff? I mean, I can kind of get behind that tbh looks cool for nostalgia, but I don't want any coastal spawns when the RP is in the middle of Chernarus. 

2 minutes ago, Hollows said:

So... Some mod level stuff? I mean, I can kind of get behind that tbh looks cool for nostalgia, but I don't want any coastal spawns when the RP is in the middle of Chernarus. 

need nwaf spawns for peak immersive roleplay honestly, for real though spawns are fine as it is personally don't really see that much of a need for it.

Just now, Real Vegas said:

need nwaf spawns for peak immersive roleplay honestly, for real though spawns are fine as it is personally don't really see that much of a need for it.

if i don't spawn with a m4 in nwaf it ain't roleplay on jahseh 🙏 🙏 😡 

that would be epic

anything other then the middle of the woods spawns is fine for me.

Posted (edited)

I know having to run across the map is tedious at times but I prefer random spawns which therefore create random encounters/scenarios. Random = uncertainty which is surely better in terms of those RP feels.

Everyone is so used to the map and it's like we have an in built GPS system so for me those few precious moments of uncertainty about your location should be enjoyed in my humble opinion. 

Edited by Samaritan

The idea of choosing spawns gets a +1 from me, more so because of the number of times I've had to spend ages figuring out where I am, let alone where I need to get to after dying to the countless bugs there are xd.

It would also make it easier to come up with a reason for why you're where you are after having spawned. Horrible are the times when you've just respawned and you come across a group of people and have no reason for why you're in the middle of nowhere. I guess with this you'll roughly know where you spawn and could give better RP for it?

I don't know if I'm getting anywhere, I'll let myself out.

-1. random spawns would be fine. It only makes it easier for ppl to NLR. Random spawns lead to random encounters which for me are quite fun.

-1, dont see a reason to do this.

-1 it's not Arma 3, spawing randomly adds to the whole DayZ survivor atmosphere

I'd see this being useful if dying was an everyday thing, but people last in DayZRP, so trying to find where you are after countless hours of being alive doesn't really seem like an issue.

-1 For me aswell, it would just make it so one spawn would be the most popular which would lead to a lot of people running the same route up north. It would make the map smaller in a sense. 

keep the spawns as they are 

-1 no

spawns are ok as they are

Posted (edited)

I already suggested this in Discord but I added that there should only be four or so options of where to spawn, each being unique in what routes you can take and where they can take you. Something like the choice between Cherno, Elektro, Berezino, and Svetlojarsk would be interesting. A fifth option could be “Random”. This would make everyone happy unless you just like shitting on other people.  

Edited by Zero

I love spawning in the middle of a forest, gives me a sense of.... Survival and needing to find civilization fast or you could die

-1 from me. I honestly like spawning in the middle of the woods and have to find where you are.

-1 The random spawns can be annoying at times but it aids in enforcing the NRL rule in my opinion. Plus I don't have to worry about being punched to death for my can of soda when I respawn.

I think all the spawns should be in the middle of the woods, but you can at least choose like SE, NE, Central E, that sorta deal. Along with SW, NW, CW.

But no coastal spawns, or spawns within towns. I feel that just takes away from the game.

I feel like this can backfire and cause a lot more (New life rule) violations on people running back quickly into gunfights.  Even with the enforcing on it upped.   

NO from me.

With spawns being a bit more in land i don't see a need for this. Nearly all spawns now are actually p reasonable for getting close to somewhat decent stuff. -1

No point to be honest, most of the spawns are good and I can see there being more violations of NLR if this was added

I don't like the idea of players have the ability to pick their spawns. 

People will abuse the privilege by picking the closest spawn to a military base to loot, or to return to their body, or a firefight.

What's nice about random spawns is, you go from there and survive, and roleplay with those you meet. You can encounter all sorts of interesting roleplay just by traveling through spots not normally traveled, outside the triangle.