Server time: 2019-05-24, 08:01
Sign in to follow this  
GreyRP

Please, Dear God, Increase Whitelist Difficulty.

Increasing The Whitelisting Difficulty  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The title is self-explanatory. I have seen people wanting this for quite a while.

And dear God do we need it more than ever. I'm not trying to hate on the server but I feel like the quality of the RP is getting worse and worse.

Please make the whitelist harder.

I believe I speak for a majority of the DayzRP community, who had to go through the harder version of the whitelisting process.

1 hour ago, YNW Dusty said:

well thats fucking embarassing

I think i'd be best if we keep this open since this one has a poll. Unless  @YNW Jasper adds a poll to the OP post of his, then we can keep it open 😄 

5 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

I think i'd be best if we keep this open since this one has a poll. Unless  @YNW Jasper adds a poll to the OP post of his, then we can keep it open 😄 

can you post your opinion on this topic? I feel like It'd mean a lot considering you have 2k hours on the server lmao

My opinion? Sure.

Based on the reports I've seen, what I've witnessed in game and on peoples streams - yes the whitelist should be harder. In the thread Jasper wrote, this is what I stated:

Spoiler

Before we start throwing low key flame, not all whitenames are bad. I've met pretty good ones and ones I've helped guided in the right direction. As veterans of the community, other people should PM them to help improve their story and the hints around the server as well as helping improve their roleplay. 

The fact we have age restriction removed makes this a problem as well as the whitelisting. Anyone who passes the whitelist challenge clearly shows it is easy when our rules CLEARLY state not to go OOC in VOIP and them questioning or having such a bad attitude saying the following which I've seen:

• LMAO roleplay server - what's that
  • Server rules are shit, back to GTA RP
  • *teabagging in rp whilst keking on it being an actual roleplay*

I'd like to point out the obvious. Those people who joined CHOSE themselves to apply. CHOSE themselves to USE THEIR TIME to get whitelisted.  Clearly they have nothing else better to do but try and flame a server that THEY took the time out to play OR apply for.

I think the whitelisting server needs to go through the rules that have been broken repeatedly by new players. Or that have been reported the most so they do not follow the same mistakes as others and know that they have given clear explanation of the server rules. Meaning if they broke any of said rules, it results into us knowing fully that they just cannot be bothered to follow with what we wish for and therefore will receive the ban if reported as the point system/procedure we have in place.

I may repeat what I say there but we have newcomers who basically skip reading our rules page and do as they please. Such as going OOC in VOIP when it clearly states this is a ROLEPLAY server and any OOC used should be // for emergency purposes only.

We have people who are new to the server and 'lmao' at it for being a roleplay server but they took the time out of their day to link their steam account, make a dayzrp account and do the whitelisting system?

Children also join the server and just meme the heck out of things. I'm not going to lie but if a twelve year old child can pass out whitelist, clearly something is wrong... Unless they got their dad to do it for them.

Another reason, the rules again, people report of what rulebreaks they think have been broken, and that is perfectly fine. But when they don't understand the terminology and tell us we're wrong. Shows that they clearly haven't read our rules yet again. 

Personally, the whitelisting should have questions that state the following:

• When can you use OOC? Is it allowed in VOIP? 
  • What is the definition of griefing?
  • What is combat logging? How long do you have to stay in the server before you can log after a hostile action?
  • What is powergaming?
  • What is metagaming? Can you use your radio with both your hands on your head?
  • What is NVFL? What would show NVFL?
  • What is GearRP? Should you do a 10 second robbery and leave the person with no RP?

These are the main problems I can currently think of that would be best in a whitelisting system. But that is just my 2 cents.

5 hours ago, A Drunk FelkerRP said:

The title is self-explanatory. I have seen people wanting this for quite a while.

And dear God do we need it more than ever. I'm not trying to hate on the server but I feel like the quality of the RP is getting worse and worse.

Please make the whitelist harder.

I believe I speak for a majority of the DayzRP community, who had to go through the harder version of the whitelisting process.

Im gonna be honest, yes I think the whitelist should be harder but the shit RP that I have got recently was mostly from non-whitenames. RP as a whole is very bad right now. people like to scream, pvp and troll Instead of serious RP.

Yes. One of the reasons I stopped playing a while ago was because the shit-ish RP that I would encounter waaayy too much, mostly from newer players. I could get just about the same quality of RP on some non KOS server or something.

Yes I think the whitelisting process plays a part, but other things do too. I really think that we need the Mentor system back to help mitigate some of these effects. When I look back to when I first started RPing, it wasn’t just a misunderstanding of rules etc that’s sets you apart from more experienced players but a lack of insight into how they think whilst role playing. I for one basically ended up fanboying an experienced RPer and would’ve been  among without him. 

The trouble is aswell that newer players will gravitate towards each other when they have no aid from the more experienced members of the community, further compounding the issues. 

Posted (edited)

Said it once in different thread, I'll say it again here.

Real simple

Bring back the old whitelist process where the new member of the community was presented with couple of questions regarding rules etc... The member had to answer those questions, but not with some "pick A/B/C/D options but instead they were asked to WRITE their own understanding of the rule with a short paragraph of text. After questions of couse the basic "backstory" of their character and then just wait it out for outcome.

I'm not sure if i remember that correctly all but I'm sure I went through that or something similar back in the day when I first joined. And I believe that kind of whitelist process would make the quality of life in here a lot better for everyone. As most of the random memes/trolls/pvper/whatever you can think of that is not presenting decent RP would just get "filtered out" through it as these kind of people would most likely not bother to put time and effort into any of that. 

Thats my 2 cents on this topic. /Majoo out

Edited by Majoo

100% agree. Need to go back to a whitelist that requires you to write a paragraph about each rule to show you understand rather than the simple tick a box.

If you cba'd to put in effort and write a paragraph for each rule with examples then you obviously dont wanna really be here.

Old whitelist is the best whitelist. Better results and kinda hard, maybe add a few more things onto it though. 

But yeah I agree 😛

Posted (edited)

Question I: Are you under the age of sixteen?

Answer: Yes

Your application has been denied.

+1 tbh. Old whitelist made harder is the way to go. 

Edited by Beni

A thousand times, yes.

2015 whitelist app was a lot harder than what it is now 😞

On 4/27/2019 at 4:03 AM, Mademoiselle said:

Personally, the whitelisting should have questions that state the following:

• When can you use OOC? Is it allowed in VOIP? 
  • What is the definition of griefing?
  • What is combat logging? How long do you have to stay in the server before you can log after a hostile action?
  • What is powergaming?
  • What is metagaming? Can you use your radio with both your hands on your head?
  • What is NVFL? What would show NVFL?
  • What is GearRP? Should you do a 10 second robbery and leave the person with no RP?

These are the main problems I can currently think of that would be best in a whitelisting system. But that is just my 2 cents.

As someone who has been here under a month, this I agree with! Also a clearer understanding on base-raiding etc.

Posted (edited)

I’m going to bump this thread, the whitelist needs to be looked at again, I’m reading reports lately and it’s clear as day people aren’t reading the rules correctly and are acting like this is taki life.

Now I’ve been away for nearly 2 weeks so haven’t been in game so do not know the standard of RP that’s being dished  out. But from what I can see in the reports it looks trash. I understand these people are new and we were all new once. But it seems like some people do not care and glance over the rules. 

Please for the love of god make the white list harder. I remember when I joined back in the mod days and the whitelist was nails. I really think the white list needs to be stricter and if it’s a staffing issue to do them, then why not add a few staff roles dedicated to white lists and for new comers (application team) 

Edited by neom

Add critical thinking questions to deter a younger audience.

I remember how nail biting it was doing the whitelist application first time around, think I failed at first because I messed up my word SLIGHTLY for one question. Very slightly, like by two words. So, yeah. We definitely need a better whitelist application. I had a guy by the sentinel base laughing to himself when I was trying to stop a guy from committing suicide and then when he was asking where we were, I pulled out my map and he said, "Woah, you use the in game one? I use the online one only."

Seriously? Make the whitelist harder.

+1 

The whitelist should be way harder than it is currently, I've already ran into a lot of people who don't know how to RP whatsoever, giving badRP. 

When there is montages for kills in an RP server you know something is wrong. 

Just now, Aspen said:

+1 

The whitelist should be way harder than it is currently, I've already ran into a lot of people who don't know how to RP whatsoever, giving badRP. 

If only that were from new players...

3 minutes ago, Mugin said:

Add critical thinking questions to deter a younger audience.

Or just lazy ones.

Yeah the whitelist is a little too easy, even if i failed the whitelist 4 times when i first did it back in 2016 it made me actually read the rules. 

1 minute ago, Aspen said:

+1 

I personally have also met some questionable RP so +1 on this but i don't see what montages have to do with people giving badRP. The people who make those montages are also very good roleplayers so throwing all of them under the bus is not helpful at all. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Aspen said:

+1 

RP server does not mean there is zero PVP. Where's the fun if there are ZERO consequences? 

But yes, yes, 100 times yes the whitelist needs to be fucking harder.

Edited by MRS Bradtica

Just now, MRS Bradtica said:

RP server does not mean there is zero PVP. Where's the fun if there are ZERO consequences? 

I never said that there shouldn't be any PVP, there is always going to be consequences for your actions. I personally don't like the idea of there being montages related to deaths, I don't know, I might take it more seriously because I know if I get killed its a PK. 

Just now, Aspen said:

I never said that there shouldn't be any PVP, there is always going to be consequences for your actions. I personally don't like the idea of there being montages related to deaths, I don't know, I might take it more seriously because I know if I get killed its a PK. 

If you get killed it doesn't have to be taken as a PK. You are always the person that has the last choice on whether or not you PK a character. The only time you're forced to, is if you're found guilty of no value for life in a report verdict.