Server time (UTC): 2019-12-06, 16:50 WE ARE RECRUITING
PRISON ESCAPE
TOMORROW | 2019-12-07 20:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 3 hours, 9 minutes | Event Server
Sign in to follow this  
vivallion

What has happened to DayZRP?

Posted (edited)

Man, I love these threads.

Buckle up, OP.

Edited by Dan

Posted (edited)

idk my man, 29 hours ingame seems a little mwa.

I think the RP is pretty good, or atleast the encounters ive had with people. We had drama in the mod days, the community is bigger so we have more drama, we had shit RP in the mod, community is bigger so there is more shit RP.

@Roland, Maybe you can copy paste your opinion from the last 200 threads about this  and close this thread.

Edited by Jackfish

Fun topic.

Now, note that I haven't played the game in a long ass time, and though I don't believe the environment now is terribly different from the last time I played, I am basing my views off of what I've seen and heard on the forums and through other people in the community, as well as my last experience playing.

Personally, I feel like roleplay was much more serious and had a lot more effort put into it coming from the mod days and even the early days of standalone.  Unlike most people from the mod, I think that there wasn't much difference in changing over from the mod to standalone in terms of RP quality.  We got a burst of community members and those looking to explore new avenues and personally, if that would have happened during the mod days for some reason I think the overall quality of RP would be no different.  Another big help from that was the waves of streamers that we were getting.  These streamers weren't always the greatest roleplayers initially, and hundreds of new roleplayers are flocking to the community based off of the RP that they have seen.  Take that into mind.

With all that being said, the people that I was used to, some of the people that you were used to as well @vivallion that had that same feel and understanding of roleplay were slowly leaving for whatever reason that they might have had.  Decisions being made, rose-tinted goggles, other reasons, etc.  Come to where we are now and we have handfuls of people that were bred from the days of a small, tight, friendly community and more people from that days of where streamers attracted people, a new game attracted people, etc.

No offense to those people, but your mentality is different.  I'm not saying it is good or bad, but as someone from the days of when this community was a tight community, it's vastly different from the way I look at things, but I don't judge.  We are few left in a community of people who view things completely differently, and that isn't necessarily a bad thing, it's just a thing that might be hard to accept.  I certainly don't agree with everything that goes on here, and personally I feel like the newer generation of this community have a vastly more casual view on roleplay than I do, which has changed the way things go all the way to what is and isn't BadRP compared to what is and isn't BadRP back in the day.

Things are different, people are different.  I won't agree with everyone and everyone won't agree with me.  That's just how it is.

Change is a natural part of life. Instead of wishing for what once was, maybe try to find the good in what's available now?

Honestly I could think of a slue of issues, but the brass tax is if you aren't having fun, you don't gotta be here. I've left and come back here and there, but no amount of forum threads detailing past events and what once was is gonna help fix what's going down. I mean this in the nicest way possible too, because I feel for you, games changed even in the time I've been here. Way I've dealt with it is just to keep looking for like minded folk to have fun with.

If you aren't having fun at the end of the day, it's not worth it. The friends I've made here make this worth it. 

Out of legit curiosity @vivallion - What made you create this thread four months after having played the last time?

1 minute ago, Malet said:

Out of legit curiosity @vivallion - What made you create this thread four months after having played the last time?

Having kept a close eye on the community and the different events that have been happening. I've mostly been 'lurking' so to say, waiting for well...anything. At first i found my issues with standalone as is, but i feel like there are deeper-rooted things than that.

Nope. Thread no. 23,847,028

I'm out.

3 minutes ago, vivallion said:

Having kept a close eye on the community and the different events that have been happening. I've mostly been 'lurking' so to say, waiting for well...anything. At first i found my issues with standalone as is, but i feel like there are deeper-rooted things than that.

So you have not had any hands on experience in game for 4 months but are basing it off what other people have said? Seems odd, wouldn't it be better for you to hop in game and get an opinion of things for yourself?

5 minutes ago, vivallion said:

No offense, pal - and I agree with you in certain points but the forum isnt really the right place to evaluate the RP that is happening on the server. Between radio warriors, reports and negative feedback its easy to get the impression all hope is lost.

I suggest to go In-Game yourself or watch one of our lovely streamers like @Phoenix, @Mademoiselle or @Eddie 🙂 Maybe this is already enough to change your opinion.

Posted (edited)

2K13 representing...

The attitude people have gees - "oh good not one of those threads again"

Maybe if there are so many threads about it, maybe it is time to admit that something truly is wrong?

People just arrive to those conclusions in their own time and want to share it with others.

@vivallion -  I personally like to complain as well about this topic, but I learned to do it among my friends rather than here on the forums.

This community is getting worse all the time imo, the RP standards are non existent from my PoV . So it is not just you my friend, but the community that currently exists either wont face it (cos they do not see the issue, which is fine...) or lot of us just do not care anymore... we just play to get some RP atleast, but we do not expect it to get better, cos there is lack of creativity and passion here in general...

Stay strong 😉

Edited by Shanoby

Wall of text expert here.... this is a wall of text and even I struggled to read it. 

But as a 2013er I'll put my chips in. 

PvP is fun, most folk of the age to be interested in committed online communities (in turn being the bulk of the population) agree PvP is really fun. 

The end. 

Posted (edited)

2013er here 😛
He we come in mass.

PvP is enjoyable. which leads to less RP interaction.
People are more about PvP since the release of DayZ SA. 

The mod was worse.
Standalone brings more entertainment, the mod involved more... "Drop your weapons and 10 seconds" type of strategy. 
Standalone involves more... thinking and understanding of whats going on instead of just running in terrorist style

Things change, its true but you still play?
Everyone that posts these and say they're leaving stay. Makes you think.. these threads are useless and a way to get your post count up 

Edited by Reaper

As someone who wasn't around for the mod days but has watched videos of it, I don't understand how people can say the RP was better then.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

As someone who wasn't around for the mod days but has watched videos of it, I don't understand how people can say the RP was better then.

It's kinda like Woodstock.

It was a shithole to be remembered.

nice bro another one i really love those threads, thank you for sharing your opinion with me which i really do take into consideration i really am thankful 

krabs out

This community has seen many changes. Some of which are good, some not so much. Considering where we have come from, the community isn't as bad as you think. That being said, don't be naive in the thought that people won't snake you. We all pretend to be friends, but the second you are no longer of use generally you get left behind by someone for their new friends.

However, that does not speak of everyone or the quality of rp you receive ingame. As someone who has been here for a while, and been through the steps, one of the greatest mistakes I've seen someone make and which frustrates me the most, is when people make assumptions about what goes on ingame by what they see on the forums. Yes, there are groups that are here for just pvp. The pvp bois that run up to you, initiate, and run around till they kill everyone and claim they are the best pvpers on the server. This server feels like it is becoming more pvp focused then RP focused.

The problems are grave, and the methods of solving them are hidden. I myself play with a "hostile" group. Now hostile and PVP are different. We are Chedaki, and run around taking hostages to further the roleplay of Chedaki as well as our own 'personal' agenda. Now generally when we take prisoners, we take nothing from them and leave them with their stuff and hope that they have a great experience like we do. But there are those other groups which just shout at you that they will kill you over and over if you talk and come stand next to you looting your stuff without saying anything.

However, this is not the only issues that plague the server. Maybe ill get done in for flame bating, or for talking down against the staff team. But there are situations that have happened recently where groups that are friends with staff, act dumb, and the staff member turns a blind eye. So yes, the issue is people not really valuing the rp much anymore. Is this bad? Yes and no, because there are those of us who do value rp. Those of us that are running around trying to put a strong face on it and interact with everyone as much as possible. Even if its not a 'good guy' interaction, it will be a good roleplay experience.

People also need to understand that this is a two edged conversation. You cant expect others to change and not make changes yourself. If you want to see the server become better, then you need to put forward the effort as well. You can't expect everything to be laid out and ready for you.  I wish you the best of luck when you get ingame. There are still those pvp groups that are after your gear, but not every hostile group wants your gun. Look forward to meeting you ingame.

Yeah, this is a big case of rose tinted goggles. I've seen a lot of videos from my friends who joined back in 2012/2013 and RP was actually not good at all. It was more of a no KOS server where people just hung out and talked either completely ooc or borderline ooc. 

ach ach ach ach 🦀

AKAHx3d.jpg

For real tho, I think the RP has been relatively fine. There's definitely more conflict compared to 2015, even with the smaller playerbase. The RP back then was more serious, but now that it's less serious, that's not necessarily a bad thing. A lot of people still take themselves and their RP too seriously, and people need to make themselves recognize that we're all playing a very bad videogame for fun. 

I'm not sure about mod RP, but I don't think it was that great back then either. This is my favorite mod video:

We need to make Dayzrp more like a dictatorship, and make threats about this "Issue" a bannable offense.

Nah, but on a serious note. 

Threads about this has been made constantly lately and I really don't see the point. 
The rp will progress in different ways during dayzrp's "lifetime" And a quick note about your comment regarding that "people seek drama" is false. Drama is just a part of having a bunch of people in a community it will happen, whatever. 

Posted (edited)

source.gif

FR tho, things are fine man. Stuff was just different back then, not necessarily better.

Spend less time writing these walls of text that pop up every week and more playing the actual game.

Edited by Mak

52 minutes ago, YNW Pep said:

nice bro another one i really love those threads, thank you for sharing your opinion with me which i really do take into consideration i really am thankful 

krabs out

Grow up.

Back to the issue at hand anway I see the issues with DayZRP right now, hence why some of me and my friends have gone on a break for a while, seeing if things get better. It's strange really but I feel PVP is the real issue.. forces people to go into hiding with fear of losing their gear and to constantly be initiated on, gear RP included in this as people want all the automatics.

I never played during the mod but played late 2015, 16, 17.. I remember RP being alot more prominant in those times. Not too sure what sparked up the PVP and hostileRP era but I don't remember it being so prominant back when I first started playing. But hey I'm not trying to diss PVP because most people enjoy getting into situations like that but I feel that people are prioritizing hostile RP,  Gear RP and PVP over RP.

if you cant be fucked to read: too much pvp / hostile rp, ruining game for others.

10 minutes ago, Drake said:

Grow up.

Back to the issue at hand anway I see the issues with DayZRP right now, hence why some of me and my friends have gone on a break for a while, seeing if things get better. It's strange really but I feel PVP is the real issue.. forces people to go into hiding with fear of losing their gear and to constantly be initiated on, gear RP included in this as people want all the automatics.

I never played during the mod but played late 2015, 16, 17.. I remember RP being alot more prominant in those times. Not too sure what sparked up the PVP and hostileRP era but I don't remember it being so prominant back when I first started playing. But hey I'm not trying to diss PVP because most people enjoy getting into situations like that but I feel that people are prioritizing hostile RP,  Gear RP and PVP over RP.

if you cant be fucked to read: too much pvp / hostile rp, ruining game for others.

"Forces people to go into hiding with fear of losing their gear" If people hide because of  their gear they are part of the problem. Also you mention that hostile rp is part of the problem , bruh...Really? Without it we would have one big "Come and sit by the fire and tell me about your backstory" simulator. 

Just now, Blake said:

"Forces people to go into hiding with fear of losing their gear" If people hide because of  their gear they are part of the problem. Also you mention that hostile rp is part of the problem , bruh...Really? Without it we would have one big "Come and sit by the fire and tell me about your backstory" simulator. 

I'll fix his quote then, as most people fail to say the right thing.

Awful hostile RP is the problem, is what he probably means.

4 minutes ago, Cid said:

I'll fix his quote then, as most people fail to say the right thing.

Awful hostile RP is the problem, is what he probably means.

Yup because when they would enjoy it, there would be no reason to hide. 😄