Server and location: S1, Pustoshka Grave Yard

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):  2019-04-24, 22:07

Your in game name: Danil Bogotov

Names of allies involved: @Xehara 

Name of suspect/s: Please see hit log

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

Detailed description of the events: 

We are hanging out in graveyard in Pustoshka when bunch of people roll up with their guns drawn. I take up a position in one of the towers. As this is happening, I faintly hear a megaphone going off, but cannot make out anything it says. Then I finally hear a message directed at me (guy in tower) and before the message can even finish (that tells me that he will shoot me) and I get shot.

This is a blatant disregard for rule 4.1 (All initiations and hostile actions as well as their demands and conditions must be made clear and unambiguous to all involved players. Hostile actions or initiations must be done personally and on specific targets who must be aware who the attacker is, for example they cannot be done remotely through radio or PA system.) Additionally, I believe this is also an example of Bad RP. The alleged offender rolls up into someone else's town with guns drawn, makes demands over megaphone and opens fire without an even attempted shred of RP past a unidirectional announcement without a way to confirm if those demands are received. Clearly, this individual was more concerned with "checking a box" on an initiation checklist rather than actually try to further a narrative or roleplay the reason they are there.

As some may see, I was using a scope on my weapon as a way to zoom in closer. While some may try to argue that it is in itself a hostile act, I believe I am well within my right to look through my weapon on top of our tower, in our base, that is in our town. If I had to transition into a firefight situation, the precious seconds it takes to put a scope back on the weapon can mean difference between victory and defeat. It is simply unreasonable to think this would be expected.

Hit Logs

22:04:20 | Player "Danil Bogotov" hit by Player "Eddie Morrison" with KA-M from 51.7681 meters 

Kill Logs

22:04:20 | Player "Danil Bogotov" killed by Player "Eddie Morrison" with KA-M from 51.7681 meters 

Connection Logs

21:28:20 | Player "Danil Bogotov" is connected 
-KILLED-
22:05:01 | Player "Danil Bogotov" has been disconnected

22:29:03 | Player "Eddie Morrison" is connected 
-NO DISCONNECTION LOG-

20:43:15 | Player "Constance DeVoe" is connected 
-NO DISCONNECTION LOG-

Calling in:

@Xehara, @YNW Pep, @Wendigo to give their full and detailed PoV, please also provide any unedited video evidence you might have regarding this situation, as well as the name of all of your allies involved in the situation.

OP'S PARTY
@Sythara - Danil Bogotov | POSTED
@Xehara - Constance DeVoe | POSTED

ACCUSED PARTY
@YNW Pep - Jonathan Shmeck | POSTED

@Joe - Joey Suggs | POSTED

@Wendigo - Eddie Morrison |

Constance DeVoe (Xehara) POV: I was coming back from the NWAF to Pushtoska with a new guy I had just met named Daniel ( @swagcartel3 ) who I met while running towers. He told me he was a trader and I told him we were setting up a trade hub and he could move into the town if he wanted. We were in the field before Pustoshka near the long barn when we came across a gentleman in a blue boonie hat. Daniel was sketched out but I raised my hand and said hello, the man introduced himself as Damon ( @Strawberry ?). He asks us how many we have in town which, Daniel and I assume means there's going to be a robbery but don't know that for sure and I wanted to see where things would lead so I tell him there's quite a few and offer to let him come in and meet people. He said yeah and followed us into town. One of my guys, James ( @Ninjafig ) pulls me aside and tries to tell me I just brought death to our door (I mean, accurate but not who he thought was death). I don't remember what I said but I pretty much acknowledged his concern and said it was fine. I show him around town, answer his questions and then we get to the grocery store where we start debating different forms of justice. By this point we're joined by a man I never got the name of with a soft voice, and he tells us there are hostages up the road and men coming into town. I don't know who it is so I tell everyone with me (Daniel, Damon, Soft Voice Guy) to get to the graveyard so we can just avoid the situation. We do, everyone hides in one of the towers, me being one. I see two men approaching the graveyard so I tell them, "I'm going to see what they want," and I put my hand up and run out to greet them. I was not aware that Dan had gone into overwatch using a scope on his rifle just to see what was happening. We were not prepared for an attack, most of those around me weren't fighters. By the time I was down there talking to them I had one hand up so I couldn't relay to everyone else to comply.

There was either some VOIP issues or the coms on the attackers was too loud because when I get to the other two gentlemen ( @Joe ) and someone else, couldn't make out the voice) they were unable to hear me. (You can find this time stamp out by me saying //Can you not hear me? in the text chat). They tell me to move to the side, give Dan ( @Sythara ) his warning to put his hands down, but he's shot before the warning is done. Damon then turns on Daniel who thinks Damon is on our side and is hiding with him, and shoots him. I leave the graveyard as instructed and wait to see if I can't recover anything the dead lost when the attackers leave the graveyard, I also couldn't hear what Puncture ( @Joe ) was telling me to do because of my coms being loud too. By the time I muted him he didn't repeat his instruction so I just stood there to ensure I wasn't going to get shot myself. By this point Elliot (  @Lego ) had logged on and was standing beside me also complying. We were later taken into an orange brick building by Damon ( @Strawberry ) despite being told we could go by Puncture ( @Joe ). The weak strong game played out, which I was let go of at the start due to already being marked. //Fin

Edit: I did not capture video

Aight: We got to pustoshka and initiated on some of the people who were there, after a while we started sorting them out when I saw a man in the middle of the street, he sees me and runs away, i chase him and see 4 or something more people running into the graveyard hiding in the towers pointing their guns at us. someone initiated VIA megaphone and after some we still see the guy pointing his weapon straight at us so he is then shot and falls down dead like a hardworking man losing his one millionth dollar. 

17 hours ago, Sythara said:

As this is happening, I faintly hear a megaphone going off, but cannot make out anything it says

don't think thats true- as you can see in the video you can clearely hear the initiation and even hear one of your friends on comms saying "on the bright side we dont have to initiate anymore, hell yeah".

17 hours ago, Sythara said:

Additionally, I believe this is also an example of Bad RP. The alleged offender rolls up into someone else's town with guns drawn, makes demands over megaphone and opens fire without an even attempted shred of RP past a unidirectional announcement without a way to confirm if those demands are received. Clearly, this individual was more concerned with "checking a box" on an initiation checklist rather than actually try to further a narrative or roleplay the reason they are there

If you would of actually complied you would of realized that we do indeed RP, as we already had hostages in town we were RPing with. The demand was clear and well heard saying "this is the Jackals put your hands up" and even said something along the lines of "make your way to the front of the gate" this can also be seen with the woman that has her 1 hand up and walks to the front of the gate. instead you decide to try and get a shot at us and still point a weapon DIRECTLY at one of us. we don't have to keep re-initiating untill you comply this is not how it works. you get a chance and you decide what to do with it, you played with your life and lost. 

18 hours ago, Sythara said:

As some may see, I was using a scope on my weapon as a way to zoom in closer. While some may try to argue that it is in itself a hostile act, I believe I am well within my right to look through my weapon on top of our tower, in our base, that is in our town. If I had to transition into a firefight situation, the precious seconds it takes to put a scope back on the weapon can mean difference between victory and defeat. It is simply unreasonable to think this would be expected.

i think you are just being confused. your friends knew they were initiated on and you clearly heard the initiation yourself but you still decide to point a gun straight at us because its unreasonable to take off your scope? (???)

Posted (edited)

We took six people hostage at the entrance of pushtoshka, as we were moving the hostages to orange brick on the vybor side of town one of our guys saw people aiming at us in the cemetery. After making sure the hostages were safely in orange brick I walked over to the cemetery and said "Hello people in the cemetery, this is Joey Suggs with the jackals put your god damn hands up, you're currently aiming guns and it's scary for us" after saying that @Sythara starts aiming his gun at our guys in the front entrance and gets shot by a jackal for it. 

Edited by Joe

okay so I was running around the town looking for a pipsi because I was trying to stash up on some food and drink and all of a sudden a megaphone comes on and I hear someone say this is the jackels surrender now or something and I thought it was just someone being dumb and then I hear a ton of shots and then I realise oh its not a joke we are actually under attack and then communication goes to hell and I get really confused then  I go to see whats happening, I sit on top of a pile of bargabe to get a view of the grave yard and then I get initiated on by some random person from behind but I have enough distance between me and them so I shoot and get away in to the supper market and thats where I get rushed and killed and then I had to go off and go to work.

I roll up to meet my boys in Pushtoshka after they dropped the yeet. After I get there my boy Pep saw a few homies near grocery and saw them run toward the graveyard and seemed like they took defensive position. We didn't know if they were with the group we took hostage so we initiated just to be safe. Puncture also initiated a couple times incase some homies couldnt hear. Right before the initiate on the graveyard, I see a homie scoping in on me. After it was dropped, I see him stop scoping in for a few seconds so I figured he was gonna comply. Nope. He sighted back in on me, so I shot him. 

In the video, you can clearly hear the initiation. After it was first dropped you can see the OP lower his gun and look around. Then sight back in. Also, you can clearly hear that puncture was able to finish the initiation twice before the OP sighted back in. I took it as noncompliance and a hostile act. 

I would like to request Mods drop this report. While I still believe I was in the right that I personally did not hear the initiation; more likely than not, the reason behind this is my game volume was set too low and discord too high. I personally would like to see a better initiation from the members involved, but in this instance they were under the impression that I heard it since other people in my vicinity had.

My apologies for the trouble folks and hope we can all keep this OOC and behind us.

We are also ok with this report being closed 

Agreed. Also we will definitely make sure our initiation is better and more specifically aimed next time to ensure there are will be no confusion from either side. 

The staff team has reviewed this report and agreed to honour OP's wishes. Please remember that OOC communication should never take priority over roleplay and that all initiation must be clear and unambiguous, as seen in the following rules:

3.1 You are required to role play your character at all times while in game. No OOC events or communication may take priority over your role play. You are not allowed to ignore other players attempts to role play with you.

4.1 All initiations and hostile actions as well as their demands and conditions must be made clear and unambiguous to all involved players. Hostile actions or initiations must be done personally and on specific targets who must be aware who the attacker is, for example they cannot be done remotely through radio or PA system.

With that said, this report will now be closed.

Signed by: @Pontiff & @DrMax