Server time: 2019-05-23, 11:42
Sign in to follow this  
Peril

S1: Griefing, Summer Camp near Devil's Castle - 2019/04/24, Between 00:00 and 03:00

Posted (edited)

Server and location: Server 1, the summer camp southeast of Devil's Castle, group base.

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): Early 04/24/2019, somewhere between 00:00 and 03:00 server time.

Your in game name: Theodore Woodley Jr

Names of allies involved: It was the Fifty Two's base, though no one was directly involved.  @LewOSwas our first group member to discover things missing, though by then the piles had despawned.

Name of suspect/s: N/A, hoping logs will show.

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

This snippit of video was pulled with permission from @ImDongle's VOD, found in full here.  Just as a note, Dongle is unaffiliated with the Fifty Two.

Spoiler

This screenshot shows one of the tents that was stolen, for what it's worth.

Spoiler

20190421170252_1.jpg.6749e12908acd88d8f0c31c34387168c.jpg

Detailed description of the events: 

@LewOSlogged on this evening into the Fifty Two's base and immediately noticed two of our tents missing.  The two tents stolen were a Medium Tent full of clothing items/helmets/vests/etc., and a Car Tent, filled nearly to the brim with all of our building and other miscellaneous supplies.  Given the sheer amount of things in both of these tents, we suspected someone may have simply dumped out our supplies from each tent and only taken the tent.  @MrDew remembered seeing our camp in a stream he was watching earlier and linked me to the VOD, which clearly shows piles of our supplies left to despawn on the ground, right where the tents previously were.

In terms of time frames, the one I provided earlier in the report is roughly accurate, though I can offer some points of discussion to hopefully narrow it down more:

• The last time I was at camp was about 20 minutes prior to the last time I logged off, and at that time everything was still there.
  • There are several server messages from Zanaan shown throughout the video, and I believe it's a safe assumption to say that whoever stole our tents likely dumped our things and cleared out well before Dongle and his friend arrived at our base or those server messages were sent out.

Ideally, logs will show whoever was in the area in the timeframe pieced together, or whoever was responsible will step forward.  Gear can always be replaced, but we are, as a group, obviously a little frustrated that a week or so of collection has been totally thrown away, not even taken by the raiders and put to good use, but rather left on the floor to despawn just so they could obtain our tents.

Edited by Peril

I asked in Discord for permission to post but didn't get an answer yet, I think it's safe to say that the information I can provide could help so I'm just going to go with it.

Yesterday between 12:00 AM and 4:00 AM EST, me and @Cadences found this camp by accident after coming back from a hunting trip. We looked around and contemplated breaking into the base when @Cadences just opened the unlocked door. We walked in and looked into the storage, there were 2 civilian tents on the left edge of the walls, a car tent and a military tent next to it, and three barrels that were scattered about (from what I remember). I had a small backpack in my hands full of uncooked meat, which I switched for a drybag, exchanged all of my meat for cooked meat from the military tent (my uncooked meat can actually be seen in the video scattered among the cooked ones), took 3-4 boxes of nails and a hacksaw. We actually discussed transferring the medical supplies that were in the civilian tent on the right into the left one and taking it, but decided against it as we didn't want to stay there for too long and get caught in someone's base. I don't know exactly what @Cadences took but from what I know it was mostly base building materials. We left the tents untouched and didn't put a single item outside them as we didn't need to. Hope this helps figure out the time frame the event might've occurred.

Line 24556: 03:37:54 | Player "Noah Grilli" (pos=<redacted>) placed Car Tent

Calling in

@Noah_G 

For his full and detailed PoV and any evidence he might have. Please also list any allies you might have had in this situation.

Just as an addendum to my original POV and evidence, the Fifty Two have actually met @Noah_Gin character as of two days ago now, less than 24 hours after I posted the report. 

I mention this because, while I fully accept that this is he-said-she-said evidence, and may be total coincidence, Noah has told myself and other members of the Fifty Two that he actually knew where we were based out of.  We were having a conversation about where we were camping whilst IC, and he put two and two together and concluded that our base was actually one that he had happened upon recently, in relation to when we met him.  He claimed he never went inside of it several times, and that he had just passed through.

I don't have any evidence of him making these claims, and there is a chance they are totally irrelevant, though I figured I'd put them out there just in case.

Hey, I can completely clarify that I was never inside that base before I met with the owners after this said event. In the town north of this enclosure, I believe it was severograd, there is a massive red warehouse. Inside this was a car with all components besides a spark plug, and it was inside of a car tent. There were no items inside of the car tent, and I packed it up. I had no use for the tent, and since there is a massive speed deduction when holding car tents, I just placed it back down. 

The reason I came across their camp in the first place was because of an interaction I had with the group Gen-Z. On the way to some town in the south with the group, I logged out in the woods because I was going to stop playing. Upon relogging the next day, I noticed that I had logged almost right next to this enclosure. I didn't really think anything of it because when I looked over a wall, no one was inside. I just kept moving after that. I am not 100% sure but I am quite confident this happened after this event. The only people I know that could have possibly done anything were Gen-Z, but they were in a group of 7 and were roleplaying with a suicidal character. I doubt they even stopped near the camp, let alone griefed it. I hope I was of some help.

Greetings @Noah_G, you seem mistaken on something. You see where it says redacted? Yeah, that's your coordinates, which I personally redact so as not to out the location of people's bases. However since the base's position is in the title, allow me to post some logs /with/ positions on it, shall we?

Line 24390: 03:29:04 | Player "Noah Grilli" (pos=<8179.0, 10925.4, 261.6>)
	Line 24403: 03:30:55 | Player "Noah Grilli" (pos=<8175.0, 10930.3, 263.3>)[HP: 82.8332] hit by FallDamage
	Line 24404: 03:30:57 | Player "Noah Grilli" (pos=<8173.2, 10931.3, 260.7>)[HP: 82.6956] hit by FallDamage
	Line 24516: 03:34:05 | Player "Noah Grilli" (pos=<8156.2, 10906.9, 260.7>)
	Line 24556: 03:37:54 | Player "Noah Grilli" (pos=<8140.0, 10922.6, 262.1>) placed Car Tent
	Line 24620: 03:39:05 | Player "Noah Grilli" (pos=<8154.2, 10936.1, 260.7>)
	Line 24729: 03:44:05 | Player "Noah Grilli" (pos=<8079.2, 10895.9, 255.3>)

Now then, as can be seen in the logs I've just posted, you spent a minimum of 15 minutes within their camp, during which you took fall damage twice for negligible damage, then packed and replaced a tent. Now then, would you care to rectify your story a bit?

Like I said, I have never been inside the base. If you track the coordinates to the exact location on the map you will see that it isn't at their base. Also, after being in their base multiple times, there is really no way I could take fall damage in it. There is a water tower, but they have enclosed it is impossible to get in. Can you also check the logs for items? Peril said that the tent got dumped out and I never touched any items in my encounter.

So, im a member of Fifty two, in regards to this comment 

12 minutes ago, Noah_G said:

there is really no way I could take fall damage in it.

i present our watchtower,

20190420020514_1.jpg.498968c577152aaeb95094f036ca939a.jpg

8 hours ago, Zanaan said:

you spent a minimum of 15 minutes within their camp, during which you took fall damage twice for negligible damage,

I've fallen off the tower many times, it gives you Negligible Damage

Posted (edited)

Member of the camp in question here, and whilst I haven't been called in I will note a couple of things and then refrain from posting unless needed.

28 minutes ago, Noah_G said:

If you track the coordinates to the exact location on the map you will see that it isn't at their base

Using the iZurvive map available here https://dayz.ginfo.gg/#c=55;5;7, it can clearly be seen that the coordinates Zanaan has given relate to the following location:

image.png.51a5e94c2e8d4f3edb20f7e24c4619e5.png

---

28 minutes ago, Noah_G said:

there is really no way I could take fall damage in it

We have a watchtower, I have taken damage from it multiple times.

Just seen Welshie has posted minutes before, apologies for the double statement.

---

Like I said, I have never been inside the base.

Also, after being in their base multiple times.

The last point, you've contradicted yourself there? I'm not nit-picking, but this doesn't make sense to me.

As I've stated above, I won't be replying further unless needed.

Edited by Luke

@Noah_G you have been found guilty by a team of staff members of Griefing and lying in a report. The reason for this is that we have evidence in the logs of you touching the tents in the exact area of the base + Fall damage logs of you falling off that tower, The reason you are also hit for lying in a report is that you claim you where never there even though both in the logs and through your own contradicting words there is proof that you were there for 15 minutes. with that said this falls under the following rule:

Verdict:

@Noah_G | Griefing & Lying in a report | Guilty: 7 Day ban + 15 warning points and your whitelist will be revoked due to your whitelist being less than a month old

signed: @Samti & @RandyRP + Notes

If you don't agree with the verdict you can always make an Appeal