Server time: 2019-05-21, 05:31
Sign in to follow this  
dawsonpark

Add IC radio channels to the Discord?

Pretty self explanatory, I think it would be good to add a handful of IC radio channels to the Discord. It's an easy place for people to do negotiations. It's a nice place for people to talk to strangers IC. I don't hear too many people using the in game radio (but I also play at some funky hours) so maybe people will be more inclined to do so if it's on Discord? I don't really see any downside to this, but feel free to make me look dumb.

I mean, if a community will be behind that idea then I don't see why not even though I'm personally not using our community discord. 

Regarding your inability to talk with too many people over radios IG, I think it might be because of the hours you decide to choose for your playthrough but also there are factors like the fact that walkie talkies esssentially have limited range (unless it was changed to cover the whole map) and also there isn't much people overall that use them sadly. There has been attempt over the years to encourage more and more to use them but I don't think it will work in their current bugged state.

Before people would use the TS since everybody was always in there anyway, now with discord all we have is public rooms. Would be nice to see if IC channels would be used in the discord, i don't see any harm in trying it

Maybe add IC characters and then characters with a limit of slots ? Like IC channels for groups of 2, 3, 4, 5 etc. 

But having too many would quickly become bloated in my opinion atleast. 

Give it a try over a week or two with some varations? See if the community likes it/it's even used? 

Wouldn’t mind the channels that are on the actual radio IG so that people can join for negotiations etc.

Would be good for negotiations

+1

Posted (edited)

For negotiations perfect, trolling and shit done in there should be hit with bad RP.

Edited by Eagle

I like this idea. +1, I think it adds another way for people to communicate IC.

I miss the days when everyone sat on the same teamspeak, I wish we could go back to that. For the suggestion its a +1 from me

Eh, why not. I suppose so. As long as we don't have anyone jumping in, screaming for a second, then jumping out. That was the nicer part about having passworded channels.

Seems like a good idea, it might promote a little more interaction between the community thats not necessarily robberies or murder sprees. +1

Would be helpful, I've long since given up on negotiating with hostile parties due to the fact that its so difficult to communicate. It'd be easier if I could just say //go join IC radio XYZ

+1

Parroting what has already been said, it would be nice for hostage negotiations and stuff like that.

It's a lot harder to do that now, seeing as the discord voice channels don't have the same popularity as the teamspeak used to have.

The channels are already there to use aren’t they? It’s up to the players to use them.