Server time: 2019-05-19, 15:42
Sign in to follow this  
GreyRP

Minimum Age Requirement Back to 16.

Minimum Age Requirement Back to 16?  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Title is pretty self explanatory. Sorry if this post is pretty bland, but i’m doing it on my phone lmao.

Anyway, I definitely think we should change the age requirement back to 16. I know it might spark a few problems about the people already under 16 that are whitelisted, but we can always work around that. Idk what it is but 12 year olds running up and screaming in the mic just really kills the RP for me.

+1,

It is horrible to hear a 12 year old screaming down his mic.

pls back to the 16+ days.

Only if the ones who are already are whitelisted dont get booted. wouldnt be fair to them

Pretty sure we don't do it anymore because of GDPR, but I may be wrong. Perhaps Rolle or an admin can shed further light on the topic.

It's not gonna happen due to some new EU laws I think? Some staff say it better than me, but I voted Yes either way. 😛

Yes please +1

Although we can't verify ID anymore, I think spotting a 13 year old isn't too difficult.

I have yet to meet an under 16 year old that has shown some true RP prowess, but I'm welcome to being proved wrong

Posted (edited)

ah

Its kinda akward running into a 13- person rp turns into just memes

ive meet alot of kids since Oktober and its been bad every time

Its not to hard to spot a kid 

+1

Edited by Dusty

Should be 18 but maybe that's just me being an old man and not understanding the youngin's of today.

Honestly I wouldn't want 15 year old me on this server.  The maturity level just wasn't and in a a lot of cases isn't there.

Maybe the discussion before about interviewing new whitelisters should apply to those under 16 or 18 and staff can get an idea on if they are ready or not?

Honestly wish we could and I think we could. Why? Because of this as evidence:

Looking at steam, we are only greeted with this:

BXEnH5t.png?1

Meaning that in some terms parents have to accept the fact their children / young adolescents can be playing this game.

Then we follow up to going onto the XBOX page for DayZ:

ZZlfT1q.png?1

Notice anything? Pegi 18? Basically saying for 18 + and in their terms...

xbod8hJ.png?1

ADULT CLASSIFICATION 

🤔

1 minute ago, MR Pussywhipped said:

Maybe the discussion before about interviewing new whitelisters should apply to those under 16 or 18 and staff can get an idea on if they are ready or not?

Decent point, I agree

I voted yes but I know there's some legal shenanigans that make it difficult to enforce.

Posted (edited)

Afternoon reading the comments, Yes, all who are whitelisted as of now should stay. But further down the line, 15- should be insta-denied access. Maybe the staff should indeed inspect them to see if their ready, but I don’t wanna run into a 12 year old military veteran with expert combat skills etc. So the staff should work with them to make the RP actually work. but all around, no hard feelings, I just don’t think 15- should be allowed. And if this new EU law is interfering with all that, well fuck i guess.

Edited by A Drunk FelkerRP

Don't think there should be any ID checks or anything, but just a staff decision based upon whether the person comes across as mature enough etc.

-1 We've been over this countless times, this can't be enforced by staff. Is every single person supposed to prove their age? Is the problem really that bad that this is needed. I haven't met a single "kid" in-game 

Posted (edited)

There’s no way to check or enforce it. Due to the  community being registered as a business within the EU, GDPR prevents any ID requests being made due to it being personal information.

-1 purely because it can’t be checked or enforced.

26 minutes ago, Mademoiselle said:

Honestly wish we could and I think we could. Why? Because of this as evidence:

Looking at steam, we are only greeted with this:

BXEnH5t.png?1

Meaning that in some terms parents have to accept the fact their children / young adolescents can be playing this game.

Then we follow up to going onto the XBOX page for DayZ:

ZZlfT1q.png?1

Notice anything? Pegi 18? Basically saying for 18 + and in their terms...

xbod8hJ.png?1

ADULT CLASSIFICATION 

🤔

As if anyone listens to that anyway, unless your parents were strict as fuck. SAN Andreas was completed a couple of weeks upon release and I was in Primary School.

Edited by Mexi

An age requirement is hard to enforce, some people will naturally avoid applying if they don't meet the requirement and others will apply regardless of their age. At the end of the day I feel like most people like having some sort of age requirement, I do however think that any player that knows how to RP and follows the guidelines is a valuable part of this community, even if abit younger.

Posted (edited)

I mean, it doesn't have to be approved with ID? There are many cases where you can tell that this person is definitely not 16 or above. I mean, 9-10 times when I run into any youngins it is pretty easy to spot, the immature way of roleplaying, #supersoldier4lyfe, ohhh! AND THE VOICE! I mean, NO ONE who is 16+ sounds like someone straight out of Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare screaming ''MY DAD OWNS XBOX! YOU WILL BE BANNED!''

It will never be the same as before, but it will be a start.

+1

Edited by BigDaddy

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, DaRsnn said:

I have yet to meet an under 16 year old that has shown some true RP prowess, but I'm welcome to being proved wrong

Mate I’m offended

anyway -1. I’m U16 myself and other U16 should be given chances.

Edited by SonOfWatchman

Just now, SonOfWatchman said:

Mate I’m offended

I've spent less than 5 mins with you haha

Maybe a decent halfway-house would be specific reporting of those deemed unfit to play on the servers due to being immature, and staff would then guage whether the behaviour was mature enough and being given a guideline age being 16+ to expect.

Can't enforce this due to new laws that were put in place in Europe.

It was removed because we could no longer verify someone's age through the old process if I recall correctly. So I'd like it to be reintroduced if we could prove someone's age but right now I don't think that it is possible.