Server time (UTC): 2019-06-26, 03:13
Sign in to follow this  
Glitch

Prison Island Bridge EXAMPLE

Prison Island Bridge  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, JackZRP said:

How will we add the bridge into the map though? 🤨 

There's mods that physically change the map and have it in game, 

I've seen a couple built, one on Trumps Wall survival pvp server. Functions effectively enough. 

Just now, Para said:

There's mods that physically change the map and have it in game, 

I've seen a couple built, one on Trumps Wall survival pvp server. Functions effectively enough. 

Yeah saw one used in this video. 

Would be nice, people would actually start using prison island for role play.

Problem with being realistic is that it isolates the island and creates a problem when a group takes over because it also isolates them, it jusy prevents roleplay tbh, adding a bridge is the best option to create a new and interesting possibilities for roleplay

27 minutes ago, YNW Pep said:

Problem with being realistic is that it isolates the island and creates a problem when a group takes over because it also isolates them, it jusy prevents roleplay tbh, adding a bridge is the best option to create a new and interesting possibilities for roleplay

Imagine in this realm of science-fiction/horror, where the dead walk the earth, Chernarus is 90% American, the world has been decimated and the only people that remain are 99% supermodels, adding a bridge to prison island is considered totally unrealistic.

+1 to the bridge idea, don't know why it isn't in there already.

31 minutes ago, YNW Pep said:

I don't agree. I believe one big group with enough players to man it almost 24/7 would take over; the bridge would be known as theirs and that's it.
Leave it as it is, a bridge never existed in Chernarus - so it's an island, let's swim over or maybe in 3-4 years time of development get a little boat to get across. 

For those making the realism argument: if this was realistic, then I'd grab one of the many boats just sitting on the chernarussian coast, and row to the island instead of swimming there with 30 KGs worth of gear on me.

Due to the lack of water transportation, I think a bridge would be the best option for us to allow for the island to become the hotspot it deserves to be.

It’s been said it can’t be added without causing major lag 

Posted (edited)

+1

The linked mod looks fucking great with the crashed ship etc. and I have no doubt our skilled dev team (not counting @Watchman obviously) could make it happen. The only real argument against it in my opinion is the fact that we would have to RP that the bridge was always there but I don't think that would cause too much trouble. I doubt that the lack of a bridge to the island has been an integral part of many peoples character and stories so roleplaying that it was always there wouldn't really affect much.

Also, against the realism argument: its not like people have never built bridges to islands. Just a quick google search comes up with this for example. A famous island prison in New York that has a bridge. A long bridge like that wouldn't be that hard to guard against inmates trying to escape.

take me back to the days when you lost half your shit swimming to prison island

Edited by Osku

+1, We have talked about in the past the main point then was there was no way to do it. Now that we have a method of doing it, With Majority Votes ( So far ). I see new arguments comes up that wasn't even an issue aka the lore. The Issue of lag I can understand but the bridge doesn't need to be fancy just make it a normal bridge with nothing on just a bridge if there is no issue with FPS from that then try making it look smexy.

Just because the map, at its normal doesn't have a bridge doesn't mean its breaking lore to make one, Modding was added for a reason to make it our own. And to get dayz devs more money but that's not the point.

Posted (edited)
On 4/21/2019 at 9:33 PM, Hollows said:

Hey, it looks cool and would be cool to see on a PvP server, but...

-1 From me. This is an RP server and the bridge makes 0 RP sense to me. That is the same thing as putting a bridge on Alcatraz Island when it was being used as a federal prison. All it does is add a benefit of an escape risk for the inmates. The concept of a prison island is to isolate the convicted from the world, completely cut them off and make it near impossible to escape because not everyone believe it or not can swim almost a mile in realistically near freezing waters in a thin prisoner's uniform.

I say keep the island as it is, and let the devoted people take it over. A bridge would ruin the immersion for me, and the whole point of a prison island.

As much as I agree. The island itself is only like a kilometer from the mainland. You ever tried swimming that in real life? It's not that difficult if your not in a panicked state. As much as Water 360 degrees around makes it harder to escape. Having a well guarded bridge Woulden't make it much easier to escape. Unless one call for a complete riot. But then woulden't boats already be an escape route? If the island was so far out no one could swim back I agree. but as It currently being handled, only way to get out there is to swim. And I'm damm sure modding in a bridge is easier then modding in boats. If we talking realism. We should remove the island Itself. Or push out further out from the mainland. 

Water don't keep prisoners in. Guards and walls do. 

Edited by Timeremortem