Server time: 2019-05-21, 05:33
MatthewFC

Adjust persistence timers for some objects

As the title says, I think that there are several items/objects that would benefit RP and base building if they were allowed to linger longer.

• Fireplaces, particularly upgraded ones (with stone and/or campfire tripods)
  • Gas lamps
  • Gas stoves
  • Field transceivers

I'm quite sure I'm forgetting some, but those items would seriously benefit from an increase on the despawn timer, maybe even to barrel levels of persistence.

Along those lines, I always thought that corpses, both infected and not, can tell a story if allowed to remain longer. I have more doubts about the current technical feasibility of this, but maybe it could be looked into?

So what do you think? Especially about the first part.

Last patch fire places were persistent. I was sad to learn that they aren't anymore. It would be nice to see all these items persistent like tents.

Would be cool to log in and out and still find your campfir there after sleeping 😄

I dont see a point in it

They stay long enough

Theres no need for those stuff to stay to long

I personally don't believe there is a necessity for persistence of these items, if you want to carry around gas lamps and stoves then I would suggest making room for them in your inventory, campfires are easy enough to craft and if they were persistent they would be everywhere after a single night time.

Technically we can just adjust the despawn timer so it takes 1-2 hours to despawn, doubt people would need a campfire or stove for more than that

I only really see a point in a persistent stone fireplace, everything else here is easily carried, but in terms of a camp?

Yeah a campfire with rocks around it would be there after a few hours, even days.

Not sure if you can make it so that if the fireplace has rocks around it it takes longer to despawn? It sounds complicated.

Personally I would like campfires with stones in them to be persistent, but if you remove them the fireplace should despawn after awhile 

Same with tripods. Campfires alone can despawn normally, but if upgraded, they should stay for a LONG time.