Server time (UTC): 2019-11-23, 03:00 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Welshie

Making walls gates to get into bases.

Posted (edited)

So my friends and i have a little base setup, couple tents fire barrel, its nice and cozy.

Now we expect people to break in and take stuff that's a given but what we have seen is people adding wire to one of the back corners and making it a gate to get in then simply walking in and taking what they want, now that seems a little scumy to me and a little griefy, pretty cheap way of doing it, its smart but man i dunno what to think.

unknown.png.8c4e53db9dbb2a95570dc9b24d1f1dc7.png

Whats your guys thoughts on it?
(I get the whole work smarter not harder thing)

Edited by Welshie

What I think is that until the devs / modders actually add something that balances the game for it to be fair to both raiders and people who spend time to build bases. There's nothing you can really do about it, except report for griefing if there is cause for it and consider your base as a RP base 100%  and not care for the things you keep there.

Maybe when we get player built storage again, we'll see less raids done to get tents.

9 minutes ago, Ouromov said:

What I think is that until the devs / modders actually add something that balances the game for it to be fair to both raiders and people who spend time to build bases. There's nothing you can really do about it, except report for griefing if there is cause for it and consider your base as a RP base 100%  and not care for the things you keep there.

Maybe when we get player built storage again, we'll see less raids done to get tents.

Totally get that, it is an rp base, we keep food mostly and building tools its just for group interaction and place to work out off.

This is really scummy. It happened to us when my group based at Devil's, nothing you can really do.

3 minutes ago, BiggsbeOG said:

This is really scummy. It happened to us when my group based at Devil's, nothing you can really do.

Seems its just something groups with bases has to deal with right now? just seems cheap doesn't it? like even if codelocks ever work it would still make them redundant, sadtimes.

I wouldn't personally class it as griefing, it's smart and annoying as I can tell, but to be fair they aren't destroying anything, and for you to remove the wire after they have done a raid isn't too much of a hassle.

2 minutes ago, DaRsnn said:

I wouldn't personally class it as griefing, it's smart and annoying as I can tell, but to be fair they aren't destroying anything, and for you to remove the wire after they have done a raid isn't too much of a hassle.

I can see both sides of it, it is smart but just seems that it makes trying to secure your base in any capacity redundant.

Posted (edited)

Personally I'd consider that particular way of breaking in an abuse of game mechanics IF the bases weren't already ridiculously easy to break into.  So it makes sense to just punishment over excessive removal of walls or dumping of stuff on the ground reasonable.

Edited by Ouromov

There will always be a way to boost over walls with more than 1 person as well

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ouromov said:

Personally I'd consider that particular way of breaking in an abuse of game mechanics IF the bases weren't already ridiculously easy to break into.  So it makes sense to just punishment over excessive removal of walls or dumping of stuff on the ground reasonable.

Our base isnt even locked, you can just walk in the front gate which is what was annoying, we left it like that to avoid stuff being screwed with XD

Edited by Welshie

seems a bit like abuse of game machanics to me yee its nice thet they dident destroy a lot to get in but its still not a realistic way to brake in

1 minute ago, DaRsnn said:

There will always be a way to boost over walls with more than 1 person as well

Very true, i'd forgotten that

Just now, Derek Steel said:

seems a bit like abuse of game machanics to me yee its nice thet they dident destroy a lot to get in but its still not a realistic way to brake in

Very much so, like we dont mind stuff being taken, hence the gate being unlocked, all we have is food and tools.