Server time (UTC): 2019-08-24, 14:29
Sign in to follow this  
GaryCash

Continued Impersonation of Characters of our Group

Posted (edited)

Server and location:  Various times and locations.  

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):   Various times.

Your in game name:  N/A (Petyr Kardaugh)

Names of allies involved: N/A

Name of suspect/s:  People in the videos.  Very likely certain Jackals, Puncture.

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any):  N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):   

Detailed description of the events: 

So its been going on for a while now that we have people impersonating Potius Cras members in game.  This is bull shit for a few reasons.  While in theory the RP behind pretending to be a Potius Cras members is interesting sounding, it is completely against the rules to impersonate us and show us in a negative light.  And because it is against the rules it is seriously throwing things out of whack for us both ICly and OOCly.  We have people doing things and giving players the impression it is us ICly.  And we think it is drawing more heat and attention to our group OOCly as from what I've heard in many instances the RP from these players has come off as trolly / seems to be meta gamed.  This can make us look terribly both as Roleplayers IC and as community members OOC.

I mostly wanted to make this report to make the community it is aware this is happening-- so that way people don't always assume its us if they are being approached by people in our uniforms... even though with the current rule set they should be able to assume it is us.

This presents problems for many reasons.  One it can effect peoples opinions about us OOCly, it can effect Story Archs ICly -- disrupting game play.

But perhaps most importantly, is because Potius Cras is KOSable and ANY KILL against us is valid, people might misidentify one of these impersonators as one of us.  And if that happens I get worried about a report being thrown up by our impersonators, causing a really shitty situation.

The thing I get most concerned about is that this is all malicious and planned... and that the people know what they are doing and that they are doing it with the intentions of disrupting our group dynamic in every sense.  In the OOC sense and our reputation with the servers community, in an IC sense and our reputation with other characters in game, and also in the sense that this could be people baiting other players into KOS reports because they accidentally kill a Potius Cras impersonator, WHICH WOULD BE SOOOO FUCKED UP, for everyone involved, including us because it would make the unique type of gameplay that our group creates on the server put at risk, over people's actions who are not even close to being affiliated with us.

In the third video-- I already reported the man's character who is in that video-- because honestly, Im not convinced that that character in that video is not from a troll account made for the servers with the sole intention to spite us.

unknown.png.3b7a5ca0531a86a76fd7b998758b656e.png

unknown.png.6c18bb17e46bd7bf22d97a441368aa8f.png

I'd like for this to stop.

If people were impersonating us and it was allowed in the rules that would be one thing, because people would maybe assume that its not us.  However with our current rule set, if you are doing things that could potentially show another group in a negative light and harm their reputation, this is something that is not allowed.  I don't think these people were doing this to give us good PR.  I hope that the people doing this are now aware that we are aware, and will agree to stop doing this all together.

If anyone runs into anyone in game that they think may be impersonating our group, I'd ask that you please reach out to me so that way we can be made aware of this and if you have a recording that would be much appreciated.

We don't have any ill will against the people who are doing this-- but we want the server to be aware this is happening and because of the problems its been causing us, and we'd like for this to stop.

Edited by GaryCash

Ok since its adressing our group ill put up a statement.

Take down our name from this report.

if you have someone specific take it with him, this puts our group in a negative light and like you dont want that to happen to you we dont want that either. 

Else, dont put up a report and take it privatly. 

From my experience and understanding we never impersonated you. 

You dont even have a case here i dont even understand what you are reporting, yoi dont really say when it happened and who did it specifically and neither do you explain how it happened. Thank you and have a great day. 

6 minutes ago, Pep said:

Ok since its adressing our group ill put up a statement.

Take down our name from this report.

if you have someone specific take it with him, this puts our group in a negative light and like you dont want that to happen to you we dont want that either. 

Else, dont put up a report and take it privatly. 

From my experience and understanding we never impersonated you. 

You dont even have a case here i dont even understand what you are reporting, yoi dont really say when it happened and who did it specifically and neither do you explain how it happened. Thank you and have a great day. 

The group member who is seen here is a member of your group and he is with other people wearing Pink Arm bands and mentioning the name "Potius Cras"

There are other people there in the video wearing the same arm band and walking around with him.  You may have no idea why this is happening and that's fair, it doesn't mean other members of your group don't know.

I'm not trying to get anyone banned with the report, I'm reporting a rule break and trying to get the community aware that this is happening -- also make the people who are doing this aware of the fact that we know this is happening, and I am hoping that people in the future who are considering doing this don't as they realize they may get reported for it.

I actually like Puncture a lot.  What I don't like is him dressing in our full uniform, mentioning the name Potius Cras as though hes a group member and potentially confusing other members of this community.

I'd rather him not get ban even if this is deemed ban-able if I have a say in this, it is more again just to send a message to everyone that this is not okay.  We ran into another group of imitators at Cernaya Polana a few days ago, none of my members were recording. 

However, what we do have on recording is a Jackal member wearing our full outfit and even mentioning the name Potius Cras.

Also to note @Pep I put up this report after being told it was the wise decision to do so by staff, after going to them and discussing the situation,  even though I didn't want to myself.  I have no ill will against you or your group or Puncture, I'd just like for people to stop dressing as us and mentioning our groups name that should be OOC knowledge, but to be doing both in the same sitting... well I think you can see why people kept coming to me about this and said I should report it.

I've never filed a report on the server because I personally don't have the time of day to go and report rule breaks against myself, unless its something like hacking or something in which case I'll go directly to the admins.

However I cannot be lazy when it comes to protecting the integrity of my group.  And for that reason I respect what you said in your post, and I understand if you have no information pertaining to this situation and what is going on here -- you personally may have no part in it.

Ok so without solid evidence agaisnt the group and only 1 member of the group seen wearing an armband you decide to put the whole group up for a report?. 

Again, unless you have concrete evidence that we as in Jackals preformed the rulebreaks i suggest you take our name out of it. 

I wont do this back and forth you know what your doing isnt fair and isnt a viable excuse towards us as a group and still push on with it. 

All I’m saying is that is likely members of your group that is doing it with him— unless puncture brings forth names of other people outside your group doing it that are the ones seen in the video 

i think that assuming his group members are with him is a fair assumption 

also I already said I think based off the fact you have no relevant information to bring to the report and that you claim to know nothing about it, that I don’t think you particularly have any idea about it — again doesn’t mean Certain members of your group don’t — if you’d like I could edit it to say likely certain Jackals or I could just mention the fact that Jackals is punctures group if you think that is more fair

no solid evidence ? Did you watch the second video?

this is nothing personal I’ll say it again, and I didn’t make this report with the intention to get puncture or anyone banned and I would like to ask that he doesn’t get banned for this

but this needs to stop it is against the rules — and it needs to be brought to the communities attention this is not okay

this is not a report against the entirety Jackals 

You are again confusing my wording up top  — this is your group member— he’s likely with his group— I was pointing out the obvious he’s likely with other Jackals when he is seen

Posted (edited)

I think we’ve made our point and I’d like to request that the report be closed

I don’t want to see Puncture or any of the Jackals or anyone else get banned for that matter 

It had to be gotten across to those that are doing this that we know about it, that we are serious about this needing to stop, we will not be shutting down future reports of impersonators of our group until this trend has completely stopped.

@Pepif you ever wanna talk in discord let me know, I hate OOC politics and much prefer making friends, again with that being said if this could be closed by staff I’d greatly appreciate it 

Edited by GaryCash

The staff team has looked at this report and agreed to honour OP's wishes. We would like to remind everyone that impersonating another individual or group is against the rules. Infiltration and deceit are one thing, trolling and besmirching someone's reputation is another.

With that said, this report will now be closed.

Signed by: @Pontiff & @Banshee