Server time (UTC): 2019-08-19, 19:47
Sign in to follow this  
Crim

Add Check Pulse Mod?

Add it?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

So, whilst playing on a non RP server I noticed it required the check pulse mod.  

I think it's a good idea to aid identifying, for example someone committing a 5 sec robbery etc.   Yes I know it is a method of metagaming, but the way its been implemented means that its obvious when someone is checking your pulse, plus I believe the range is decreased compared to the old versions of DayZ.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1713355959&searchtext=pulse

Here's how it functions in game: https://youtu.be/nEFuGSKSuRg

Edited by Crim

Seeing as there are location logs, couldn't those be used to find someone that robbed you?

It is a good idea to solve reports easier if we know who it is, but it also promotes Metagaming. 

Posted (edited)

The pulse mechanic is only good for reports nothing else really no real need for it if we have tools that already help with that.

Edited by Eagle

Posted (edited)

The only thing pulse  check brought us when it was ig was metagaming for the most part 😥 gonna drop a fat no on this one; more immersive to just ask a guys name and take whatever he gives you anyways.

Edited by Jadeboat

Pulse checking was okay back in the day because we lacked logs and tools. Id rather not have people slowly scooting towards me to check my pulse constantly. 

Posted (edited)

*ID*

Oh hello Mr. John Smith of the group "x".

Edited by Roman

I never really understood the pulse-check mechanic present back in the day apart from logging and sorts, from my experience in the past within' DayZ roleplay as a whole it's really only promoted Metagaming and awkward scenarios / situations.

It's a no from me as well because like many others already stated, pulse check was useful when our logs were not as good but it also allowed abuse (metagaming)

Pulse check was only really good when it came to troll reports or 10 second robberies where people wouldn't give their names and there was no way of knowing who it was. 

Hard no.

Do you think I want whitenames to metagame me even more than they already do?

Like seriously, I'm already dealing with one clown who knows my real name, after NEVER saying it. At least I can just not type to them in the future...

To be honest I think it would ruin the pressure of knowing who is who and who is lying in game.

We already have enough by the emoting and your name appearing. However my counter argue to myself is it would be good in case someone made a rule break and dies - just to make reports a bit easier etc.

Its a hard no from me. Our log system has become MUCH better lately and we can tell who has been in a certain area at a certain time.

Adding the pulse check mod would only cause metagaming isues. 

19 hours ago, Crim said:

So, whilst playing on a non RP server I noticed it required the check pulse mod.  

I think it's a good idea to aid identifying, for example someone committing a 5 sec robbery etc.   Yes I know it is a method of metagaming, but the way its been implemented means that its obvious when someone is checking your pulse, plus I believe the range is decreased compared to the old versions of DayZ.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1713355959&searchtext=pulse

Here's how it functions in game: https://youtu.be/nEFuGSKSuRg

Unfortunately people massively metagame your name then if used correctly it can be good but it usually gets abused

-1 I don' t really think it is necessary, identifying people has been made easier (ish) with positional logs, if you state the correct time and position then it shouldn't be too difficult to find out who was there as AndreyQ said.

-1 it would be nice to have a animation to check Pulse for medical rp but having the part where it stats who the person is is just gonna cause a lot of meta gaming

No thanks. Getting pulse checked and then initiated on accounted for a good 40% of my encounters throughout 2016, and I hope the feature never returns.

Nah don't think it's necessary  

Posted (edited)

I rather one of our developers to create a script with the current wallet item, that allows you to check someone's ID, when they willingly give their wallet to you. 

As in regards to idea of it helping in reports, the admins logs are much more advance now. I am however concerned with issues with how player-location logs currently work...

• In a scenario, when robberies that occur in settlement-hubs where there's too many players to identify the culprit for a report.
  • The fact that location logs only update every 5 minutes. You can travel a long distance before it logs your position where you robbed a player.
Edited by CamoRP

We could always implement some sort of a feature, maybe a button or a menu option, that enters a sort of a timestamp in the logs where it logs the identity of all the players close to you.

It would make it possible for people to make sure nobody gets away with bad RP etc. without getting their identity logged so that handing reports could maybe be even a bit easier than going through the location logs (if those are even enabled). The only downside I can see with this would be that the logs would have even more stuff in them, but I think it's a sacrifice worth making.

But pulse checking... Nah, no thanks.

Posted (edited)

There are tools already to identify persons of interest for reports and stuff. Although it would be cool if some kind of item were modded in that a group could enforce as say a passport or ID in a certain area and if you are seen without it then you're questioned etc etc.

So yeah i'd be down for some IC RP identification. I remember long ago people would give out free passes written out on the paper item. If they liked you they would give it to you and you could pass through their area so long as you could prove permission with the paper. Could be cool if a group did that with ID cards or something. But yeah pulse check isn't needed IMO.

Edited by Glitch
typo

This is a no or me. Be to many problems with meta-gaming.

Back when check pulse used to be a thing, it was extremely obvious when people tried to use it.

I'm talking people just walking right up in your zone mid-conversation for no reason at all and this wasn't a giant issue, but it was annoying.

I like not being able to know who is who unless I recognise them, their voice or they introduce themselves.

Better for RP without it.

But that's just my opinion.