Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2019-11-14, 17:46
Deer Isle Purge
TODAY | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Starts in 6 hours, 14 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
YNW Jasper

A song of whitenames and roleplay.

Recommended Posts

12 year olds first character be like:

“What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.”

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Might be an idea to bring it back down 3 whitelist attempts as well as it was when I joined. If someone needs 6 attempts to pass then you have an issue right there. If I had to take 6 attempts to pass anything I'd be taking a serious look at myself and asking if a I actually fully understood things.

Edited by Samaritan

Share this post


Link to post

Priceless 

Share this post


Link to post

I remember I was in Polana with @Sgttater and this guy walked up, new spawn and all. He was already acting sketchy and then started going on about how he took some shrooms and then got facefucked by an ogre with the dick size of a log and that's how he lost his memory. Then later he suddenly says he remembers something and starts to go through the symptoms of the virus in verbatim. Later he randomly starts to punch a chedaki guy and he got his shit rocked. 

 

Please fix this whitelist for the love of God. If it means having less of that, please. At least have higher standards for the story that someone has to make for their character in the whitelist. 

Share this post


Link to post

All too often i meet people and i think to myself "how the fuck did he pass the whitelist"

make it harder and keep an eye on the character profiles because it seems staff don't look at them anymore.

Share this post


Link to post

Before we start throwing low key flame, not all whitenames are bad. I've met pretty good ones and ones I've helped guided in the right direction. As veterans of the community, other people should PM them to help improve their story and the hints around the server as well as helping improve their roleplay. 

The fact we have age restriction removed makes this a problem as well as the whitelisting. Anyone who passes the whitelist challenge clearly shows it is easy when our rules CLEARLY state not to go OOC in VOIP and them questioning or having such a bad attitude saying the following which I've seen:

  • LMAO roleplay server - what's that
  • Server rules are shit, back to GTA RP
  • *teabagging in rp whilst keking on it being an actual roleplay*

I'd like to point out the obvious. Those people who joined CHOSE themselves to apply. CHOSE themselves to USE THEIR TIME to get whitelisted.  Clearly they have nothing else better to do but try and flame a server that THEY took the time out to play OR apply for.

I think the whitelisting server needs to go through the rules that have been broken repeatedly by new players. Or that have been reported the most so they do not follow the same mistakes as others and know that they have given clear explanation of the server rules. Meaning if they broke any of said rules, it results into us knowing fully that they just cannot be bothered to follow with what we wish for and therefore will receive the ban if reported as the point system/procedure we have in place.

Share this post


Link to post

I know I ain't played in a while, but I've had my experiences. I wasn't aware the Whitelist had been dumbed down so much. I've seen memey behavior when I try playing serious apocalypse vibes and it really is a big turn off. I'd like to see it get harder to apply, because seeing reports whenever I checked the forums everyday for some reason it just turns me away. Just my opinion for a retired scrubby rp'er.

Share this post


Link to post

When I first joined the server last Summer it was the best RP out of any game I had ever experienced. The whitelist was challenging, the Rules were in-depth and strict. It was a community of actual educated people that knew how to RP in a video game. People would transmit VOIP to "radio" chat. People would take off their masks to drink some water. People wouldn't fucking sprint inside of buildings and kill somebody in a hostage situation the first time they talked back. Just yesterday some kid came up and took like half of my blood saying he was going to "drink" it and I didn't need it. We need to significantly improve the whitelist difficulty, and we need to make a lot of changes to the rules. Rules that actually make sense. +1 +1 +1 +1 +1

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Tony said:

Either way, regardless of it ever being done before, who gives a shit... it's a damn fine idea and should be implemented. 

Interviews a good idea? I hope you’re the one volunteering to interview 100+ applicants a day. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Zero said:

-snip-

Generally they had to get passed the written app first, but yeah point taken.

Share this post


Link to post

People that are saying "Interviews ARE THE SOLUTION"

 

As of right now alot of people are joining the game have gotten uppdates and DayzRP have the best name.

 

Staff is lacking manpower reports takes 2 weeks to get solved and then all other stuff they do and then add Massive amounts of Interviews to it the staff members have a private life theres no way they are gonna be able to handle that.

 

Interviews would be good but then you gotta have a "interview team" beside staff

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah... I get you wanna log out, just say you're going to sleep, leave it at that. I was trying to deflect and ignore what he was saying. What are we meant to do? Punch them to get a hit log, then put up a report just for going OOC in VOIP? That's such a basic rule, how can you even fuck it up? I even tried to get a name with a time frame and location coords in discord just so I could maybe talk to him. It didn't go anywhere. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Zero said:

Interviews a good idea? I hope you’re the one volunteering to interview 100+ applicants a day. 

I doubt the number is quite that high, and nobody said that all daily applicants will or should get a first day reply. Like I said it was a near week long process when I signed up. 

But that's neither here nor there as I don't think interviews are quite the solution. Just have a whitelist that isn't

"A man approaches you, what do you do?"

A) Roleplay with them

B) Kill them

C) Log out while screaming the N word

Like it ain't hard. Just make the whitelist less laughably easy and boom. It filters out the people who haven't even bothered to look at the rules a lot better than it does right now. Maybe have written response boxes instead of like five multiple choice questions with clear as day answers? Some lore questions? Literally anything would be better than it is right now IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Log out while screaming the N word

If this isn't the right answer I guess I need to take the whitelist test again. 😞

Honestly though, I get that some people are new/new-ish to RP when they come here, but I remember when I joined I tried super hard to make sure I followed all the rules, and didn't ruin other people's experiences because I knew I wasn't going to be great. I even remember going off on my friend who I joined with for talking OOC in Voip back in 2016

Share this post


Link to post

This report tbh

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Chernon said:

This report tbh

Well, the report is still up and, who knows? It may even be ruled against me, but I'll at least say this:

After dying yesterday to wolves (I hadn't experienced them since 1.0, didn't expect them to be so OP) I spent a lot of time obtaining my usual gear and getting back to Severograd. Because the standards for being on this server are so low that these characters are somehow valid, I ended up losing everything I was working up to, and the opportunity to RP with several people I have been meeting around the town. Those are hours I'm not getting back, and RP I'm gonna be missing on.

If this scenario is a likely one to encounter nowadays, then it certainly isn't worth the effort to regear and come back again and again just to be flipping a coin on every encounter hoping that it will land on the side that grants me an opposite party that gives a damn about making the encounter enjoyable for both sides.

BadRP won't disappear because we make the Whitelist process a bit more strict... but it can certainly be reduced, and we need that badly.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MatthewFC said:

Well, the report is still up and, who knows? It may even be ruled against me, but I'll at least say this:

After dying yesterday to wolves (I hadn't experienced them since 1.0, didn't expect them to be so OP) I spent a lot of time obtaining my usual gear and getting back to Severograd. Because the standards for being on this server are so low that these characters are somehow valid, I ended up losing everything I was working up to, and the opportunity to RP with several people I have been meeting around the town. Those are hours I'm not getting back, and RP I'm gonna be missing on.

If this scenario is a likely one to encounter nowadays, then it certainly isn't worth the effort to regear and come back again and again just to be flipping a coin on every encounter hoping that it will land on the side that grants me an opposite party that gives a damn about making the encounter enjoyable for both sides.

BadRP won't disappear because we make the Whitelist process a bit more strict... but it can certainly be reduced, and we need that badly.

If that report rules against you bud then I'm done with this community straight up ahaha.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MatthewFC said:

Well, the report is still up and, who knows? It may even be ruled against me, but I'll at least say this:

After dying yesterday to wolves (I hadn't experienced them since 1.0, didn't expect them to be so OP) I spent a lot of time obtaining my usual gear and getting back to Severograd. Because the standards for being on this server are so low that these characters are somehow valid, I ended up losing everything I was working up to, and the opportunity to RP with several people I have been meeting around the town. Those are hours I'm not getting back, and RP I'm gonna be missing on.

If this scenario is a likely one to encounter nowadays, then it certainly isn't worth the effort to regear and come back again and again just to be flipping a coin on every encounter hoping that it will land on the side that grants me an opposite party that gives a damn about making the encounter enjoyable for both sides.

BadRP won't disappear because we make the Whitelist process a bit more strict... but it can certainly be reduced, and we need that badly.

Since you reported them you should leave it in that exact area of the forums and not use this thread to point out specific people, simply dosen't appear to be a good sport. You did your part to deal with it - no need to turn this into a vent thread. 

Back on topic:

I agree with your general statement that some characters being put up are questionable,  an encounter should be enjoyable for both sides and that a tougher white list might support the quality of rp. 

Share this post


Link to post

I think this goes hand in hand with just how in general we've been more lax since .63. More specifcally when we dropped the hostile RP restrictions. Now I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but what I am saying is since then the laxness has been given to pretty much every section of the community. 

And we get shit like this on a weekly basis (Hell I haven't played for 2 months and it was the exact same story back then too). 

Want full servers? Gotta bend those rules son. 

An unfortunate side effect of a thriving server it seems 😕 

Personally would rather have a few squeakers, folks wanting to PvP rather than RP and all in all dodgy shenanigans than a server that has 10 people on it during peak times. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, The Traveler said:

Personally would rather have a few squeakers, folks wanting to PvP rather than RP and all in all dodgy shenanigans than a server that has 10 people on it during peak times. 

That's an irrelevant argument as squeakers and people that prefer PVP have nothing to do with whitenames that have zero concept of the rules as shown in several reports and videos and personal stories people have said in this post. 

If you truly think nothing should be done about it because otherwise the server will die, then as @Gaylaxy said, you haven't been paying attention to the literature. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, The Traveler said:

I think this goes hand in hand with just how in general we've been more lax since .63. More specifcally when we dropped the hostile RP restrictions. Now I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but what I am saying is since then the laxness has been given to pretty much every section of the community. 

And we get shit like this on a weekly basis (Hell I haven't played for 2 months and it was the exact same story back then too). 

Want full servers? Gotta bend those rules son. 

An unfortunate side effect of a thriving server it seems 😕 

Personally would rather have a few squeakers, folks wanting to PvP rather than RP and all in all dodgy shenanigans than a server that has 10 people on it during peak times. 

Traveler people are talking about making the whitelist harder becose its to easy atm people that have no clue whats going on gets past it.

I did the whitelist about a month ago and its really easy way to easy.

 

Squeakers and pvp hungry peps are not the problem, people that break voip and badrp becose they have no clue about the rules as the whitelist takes about 10 min to get pass

Share this post


Link to post

Personally find it hilariously funny when people go OOC in voip, but i can get how it annoys some people when they're really "immersed".

I'd make it a little harder but not too hard.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dusty said:

Traveler people are talking about making the whitelist harder becose its to easy atm people that have no clue whats going on gets past it.

I did the whitelist about a month ago and its really easy way to easy.

 

Squeakers and pvp hungry peps are not the problem, people that break voip and badrp becose they have no clue about the rules as the whitelist takes about 10 min to get pass

 

1 hour ago, Jasper said:

That's an irrelevant argument as squeakers and people that prefer PVP have nothing to do with whitenames that have zero concept of the rules as shown in several reports and videos and personal stories people have said in this post. 

If you truly think nothing should be done about it because otherwise the server will die, then as @Gaylaxy said, you haven't been paying attention to the literature. 

The point i'm trying to make is that the entire system became lax after .63. 

All i'm saying is we gotta be real careful about pushing to shore up the rules / whitelist, as it's a slippery road that led us to 15 man servers at peak times last time we went too far with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

 

The point i'm trying to make is that the entire system became lax after .63. 

All i'm saying is we gotta be real careful about pushing to shore up the rules / whitelist, as it's a slippery road that led us to 15 man servers at peak times last time we went too far with it. 

I disagree firmly about what did and did not lead to the server dying not too long ago, but I will say this, it was definitely not because of the whitelist being too hard. 

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...