Server time (UTC): 2019-06-16, 17:52
Sign in to follow this  
YNW Jasper

A song of whitenames and roleplay.

8 minutes ago, Terra said:

Yes I am sure. I was Admin at the time.... Not sure what Server you applied for.

The only time we spoke to people about their whitelist was when they failed 3 times and got another chance. They had the chance to come to the TS and speak to a member of Staff - not a Admin... could be anyone in Staff,  and got helped with their whitelist while having their last chance.

I can confirm with terra. All applications to play in our server where written apps. Now, there was other RP communities (not saying names) that did do an interview process but we never in my entire time in staff back from 2014 to late last year did we do interview apps for whitelist. We "helped" people with applications when community members failed but never told them the answers. 

Just now, Stagsview said:

I can confirm with terra. All applications to play in our server where written apps. Now, there was other RP communities (not saying names) that did do an interview process but we never in my entire time in staff back from 2014 to late last year did we do interview apps for whitelist. We "helped" people with applications when community members failed but never told them the answers. 

Can also confirm. Was staff at one point... 🙃

Just make it so that it is not so obvious which is the correct answer. Legit you don't even have to read the rules and could get through easily.

20 minutes ago, DaRsnn said:

Back in 2015 you would have to enter the teamspeak channel and you would be asked questions about scenarios and the rules.

It says you joined DayZRP in 2017...? Maybe that was for a different community?

Make the whitelist harder

The amount of shit tier RP I have seen lately is embarrasing.

I agree, I think the standard for roleplay has definitely been lowered with new comers. Having been in the community for quite a while, back in 2015 as a new comer the bar was set a lot higher I think. Like I did my best to be a good roleplayer and like @Jasper said. I fucking studied the lore and rules for at least a day before I put my application in.

A rework is needed, but instead of just a rework. I haven't read all of the comments, but perhaps a system that can "train" new comers of what's to be expected as a minimal at least, then maybe give examples of different type of characters they can play and how to do it minimally well. I know we have guides on the forums and what not, but perhaps making these guides more intertwined with the application and make whitelist applicants give examples (more than one) of characters and how to play them after reading these types of guides. 

Posted (edited)

Whitelist being too easy plus the lowered age limit equals the problems we're having with the server. 

I realize we likely can't increase the age limit again even though it's crazy it was ever lowered, but at least make the damn whitelist harder. It shouldn't be that hard to do. 

Maybe add a section to the whitelist that focuses on the practical use of RP? Something not just black and white like rules and lore... But a third section that gives scenarios of RP and how to RP realistically? Might weed out some more people. 

Edited by MRS Bradtica

Posted (edited)

From the title I thought you were posting this:

But yes, this is a problem that comes up alot when playing. I've personally had put down people who kept following us and going OOC in voip just so that people can continue with normal roleplay. Asking them: "what do you mean with 'logging off' and 'discord' " doesn't work forever.

Edited by Osku

42 minutes ago, DaRsnn said:

-snip-

Sure you're not talking about FalconRP? Back then, it was the other fairly large DayZ Roleplay community and I can confirm that their whitelist process did indeed involve an interview process. The reason this was done of course was to ensure people read and understood the rules before being accepted. DayZRP has never had such a practice to my understanding.

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, MRS Bradtica said:

It says you joined DayZRP in 2017...? Maybe that was for a different community?

Well lemme just say,

I was the GM who conducted most of the interviews on behalf of Rolles request (god damn him), it was pretty brutal. I'd start the interview by saying if they were reading the rule page trying to answer my questions it would be an instant denial, id say 80% of them tried to just read the rules while answering.

The dudes not wrong, we had an interview process for anyone underage.

Edited by Jerry

Just now, Tony said:

Sure you're not talking about FalconRP? Back then, it was the other fairly large DayZ Roleplay community and I can confirm that their whitelist process did indeed involve an interview process. The reason this was done of course was to ensure people read and understood the rules before being accepted. DayZRP has never had such a practice to my understanding.

My brain is very confused haha, I was sure it was DayZRP but I'm clearly wrong, regardless I believe that it is a more foolproof technique, and also makes everything seem a bit more serious as people have to come up with answers from prior knowledge on the spot, not just copy what is already written down for them.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Well lemme just say,

I was the GM who conducted most of the interviews on behalf of Rolles request (god damn him), it was pretty brutal. I'd start the interview by saying if they were reading the rule page trying to answer my questions it would be an instant denial, id say 80% of them tried to just read the rules while answering.

The dudes not wrong, we had an interview process for anyone underage.

You have been in Staff before me. in 2015- interviews. He joined 2017 - there have also been no interviews. Anhow, bottom line here is, the current whitelist is too easy.

Edited by Terra

Posted (edited)

Either way, regardless of it ever being done before, who gives a shit... it's a damn fine idea and should be implemented. 

Edited by Tony

I completely agree with OP. Server is kind of a mess right now where conducting hostile RP has a solid 50/50 chance of being either:

1. Ok yeah just hurry up and rob me of my gun then I don't have time for you playing with me

2. Good hostile RP with depth 

A 50/50 split really isn't good enough for an RP community though is it? 

Even some experienced people see whit- new players getting away with, in my humble opinion, shit RP and they themselves begin to put less effort into their own RP because they can get away with it. This of course brings the whole server down. 

Make the whitelist harder, enforce lore and rules understanding 

1 minute ago, Terra said:

You have been on Staff before me. 2015 have not been interviews. He joined 2017 - there have also been not interviews. Anhow, bottom line here is, the current whitelist is too easy.

I was confused reading the posts thought he had an account back then but it got snipped or something, my bad.

I think this should really get put to a poll and we should all smash YES because after speaking with Rolle he aint changing the whitelist process.

I also have a video or two of people going ooc in voip. It's so common these days. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Terra said:

You have been in Staff before me. in 2015- interviews. He joined 2017 - there have also been no interviews. Anhow, bottom line here is, the current whitelist is too easy.

Terra, stop scaring the support pls.

Also yes: Make the whitelist more tough. I mean one can show some effort if he or she wants to play on the servers.  Otherwise we will be left as survivors of a plane crash stuck on this Russian island.

Edited by Ron

2 minutes ago, Ron said:

Terra, stop scaring the support pls.

Also yes: Make the whitelist more tough. I mean one can show some effort if he or she wants to play on the servers.  Otherwise we will be left as survivors of a plane crash stuck on this Russian island.

I dont want to scare anyone...you bully. But I agree with your statement.

Honestly, 

Make it harder. 

Kinda cringey and stupid, but when my whitelist app got accepted a few years ago I felt kinda proud of myself and was soooo fucking excited to be able to play within this community. We need that back, people need to put effort in their application.

Oh and please bring back the limited amount of try´s. 3 should be okay, with in some cases the ability to appeal for a 4th chance.

I'm not entirely sure how the whitelist looks now because the old long answer version was tough and when the new multiple choice edition was brought in it was pretty tough, but I imagine people now just supply answers to their friends.

Interview process would be interesting, if not a bit time consuming.  I just watched a group request to be archive on a Tuesday and just get closed today (maybe thats a thing that's supposed to happen?) Which goes to show you staff is probably a bit overburdened as it is.

The interview I guess could be conducted by any staff member after a whitelist test is complete?  But that still seems like a lot of work.

My vote is rewriting the whitelist, make it hard, make people work for it.

6 minutes ago, Impostor 2 said:

I also have a video or two of people going ooc in voip. It's so common these days. 

Man, that kind of stuff drives me up the wall and should be a absolute no brainer of something not to do when joining this server.

2 minutes ago, Slash said:

Oh and please bring back the limited amount of try´s. 3 should be okay, with in some cases the ability to appeal for a 4th chance.

This ^^^^ 100% agree.  If you cannot grasp the concept after a few tries, you're probably not going to make it in the world of RP.  And if it's some real technical questions, they can go to staff help and see where they went wrong before failing the final time.

2 minutes ago, MR Pussywhipped said:

-snip-

In a stand off with opposing group for like an hour, friend of mine asks in ooc "//permissions to log?"

Guy says in voip,"Fuck no you can't log out." 

This one guy broke character in voip like 5 or 6 times in a single hostile interaction. 

Increase whitelist difficulty. Bring down harder on BadRP verdicts with mandatory or required Mentor Program participation?

Getting really sick of the 12 year old squeakers yammering on about how elite green beret they are after parachuting in onto the island just last week looking for their lost comrades and oh by the way they watched their wife eat their kids also “what button is surrender?” 

Not every time does someone need to be banned for BadRP but Christ don’t let people off with a slap on the wrist and no way to improve themselves it’s just a cycle at this point. 

Ran into some dude with Dino who said he was in a coma for two years in a house. Two years. In a coma. In a random house. And “didn’t know how he got into the county. Just woke up in some house”. I’m sorry, what? Like come on ... 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Brayces said:

Getting really sick of the 12 year old squeakers yammering on 

w3hUyFC.gif.442ac87527d64c9ef81bb389c87018b8.gif

Memes aside yes I am sick of someone that very clearly sounds about 14 at the absolute best saying they're an Ex Navy Seal and all that jazz. It's just so, so very jarring and immersion breaking in any scenario. We literally took someone hostage that sounded like a middle schooler and he claimed that he was like forty and that he was an elite marine or something like that. It's time to stop. 

Edited by Jasper

+ 1 + 1 +1 All the way

When I found out how dumbed down the new whitelist was I instantly realized why the average RP experience has declined vastly. It's not even fair to the newbies, they don't even get a proper chance to understand the rules unless they take the time out of their day to do it. 

I studied HARD when I did my application, then reread and rewrote every question 2-3 times. I understand the rules and the lore because of it.

Please revert to old whitelist plox.

I remember taking an 11 year old military member hostage... Who kept saying "Just kill me" and "Do whatever I know you're just going to execute me." 

Also I agree that whitelist needs to be relooked at.