Server time: 2019-05-27, 07:59
Sign in to follow this  
Cal

Increase the amount of Zombros in towns and cities

Increase the amount of zombros in towns and cities.  

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I was walking through a huge city, and I only saw, at most 5 zombies in a single area.. To me, that's not a challenge nor does it make RP sense in my opinion.

Basically what I am hoping for, is that we can add more undead in populated areas before the outbreak.. Cities would have the highest (It would make it that much more rewarding scavenging in cities - plus you wouldn't see so many settlements or people running through them as often.)

Towns would be the next, maybe the coastal towns have more in them, than the ones inland.

Refugee camps, I couldn't really think of anything off the top of my head regarding refugee camps, but something that does come to mind, is the places like the road leading to Tisy, and heading West from Kamenka, is a lot of broken down cars.. It would be great to see a few more infected walking around then there already is there.

Let me know what you think, I'd love to hear your comments, either agreeing or disagreeing.. Or if you have anything you'd like to add, feel free 🙂

To be honest, I've fired a shot in some of the larger towns (Shotguns and rifles) Just to see how many zombies come looking. In my opinion, we should add more, it makes stealth more of a habit and less of a second thought once you are geared. 

I do have to add to the fact though in larger cities such as Cherno, Electro, and Zelenogorsk. There are SO many zombies. I had to fight at least 20-30 off a fire-station! Was a blast but my god there was quite a lot of them.

In conclusion, I do agree that there should be more zombies, just don't go overboard 😄

How many would you suggest?

I find the numbers decent now.  If you move around quietly taking out a few with melee weapons it's not bad.

Fire a gun on the other hand, they all swarm you and it's nuts.

Some small towns are even a bit heavily populated which is interesting because at times it makes you just trail away from that town.

So I guess maybe a few wouldn't be crazy, but there tends to be enough as it is to get in the way of RP.

Fuck no.

Actually fuck no. If Zombies were consistent, sure. But i can clobber one in like 3 punches with a ninja takedown and still have the vicinity aggro on my ass.

No

Infected are to op atm

if more zombies then i think they should be slower so you can outrun them, like walking dead zombies

There is already a sufficient amount in my opinion

35 minutes ago, MR Pussywhipped said:

How many would you suggest?

Mainly more in the cities, not sure on the number.

27 minutes ago, Dusty said:
27 minutes ago, Dusty said:

No

Infected are to op atm

What if we turned down the damage and speed, and increased population in realistic locations?

34 minutes ago, Para said:

Fuck no.

Actually fuck no. If Zombies were consistent, sure. But i can clobber one in like 3 punches with a ninja takedown and still have the vicinity aggro on my ass.

At the current state I 100% on this.

Like I stated above though, could be an alternative.

I mean sure, I'd be all for increasing numbers of zombies (though I suspect devs are going to do that in the future along with implementation of hordes) but only if we also made them as slow as regular zombies. Otherwise huge amount of them would basically mean suicide if you fired one shot.

personally I don't think we need more infected there hit boxes and AI are wonky rn not to mention some can phase through player made walls/fortifications until the infected are more balanced I wouldn't mind having more of  them in larger areas. But at the end of the day you also have to take things into account such as server lag because if you have to many preloaded infected in a area people with not so good PCs could experience FPS drops heavily kind of like when you're in a small area with to many players. other than that once the infected are more polished and less wonky im all for sneaking around hordes or forming a last stand ontop of a car or building. 

I think it depends entirely on the town.

I've entered towns the size of my thumb and there has been 14 maybe 16 zombies.

Other times there have been none.

Maybe later down the line when the servers are more stable but i wouldnt risk an increase during this state dayz is in.

I think it's fine the way it is for the time being. Hell, just yesterday I fired 1 shot in the city and it was night time and it was a big mistake, before I knew it I had so many infected on me.

Luckily I found a building to climb because they would of had me for dinner. 

With how unstable DayZ can be right now, I said no.

I've died from my game freezing while fighting those zombies way to many times.

Maybe when they make the infected less powerful. Besides, some towns will have upwards of 30 infected in them while some have none, I won't pretend to understand how DayZ's zombie spawns work.

Zombies make PvP too hard as is. 

No need for that. I think there's enough 

I love the Infected in DayZ, and Im glad theyve been buffed recently. But I dont really think we need MORE of them at the moment. It would be nice if the infected randomly spawned out in the wild though.

Wandering hordes would be nice too, like 5-10 infected just randomly wandering around in the world.

How about more but weaker?

Posted (edited)

Nah zombies are already aids with the way they respawn after not being in there spawn area for 5 or however long it takes for them to come back.

I've been about 500 m out of a town after clearing it and seen zombies spawn right in front of me.

Edited by Eagle

I've found that theres too many in rural towns like Dubrokva, because they're all concentrated in a smaller area. Whereas they're much more spread out in larger cities.

Maybe take a small portion from rural towns and put them in the cities.

Take a page from Patrick and just push the zombies where we want them.

I voted yes, we need more zombies. There's not that much of a challenge right now. I can take out the current numbers out fairly quickly with a melee weapon, without much of a risk.

Only towns I find questionable in regards to their numbers it Balota (near bus crush), Zelenogorsk (near firestation), and Severograd police-station.

OH HELLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I would have doubled the amount of zombies already, if I could. But the server goes down on its knees when AI count is increased, especially with 100 players.

Seems to be plenty around right now, you can easily find yourself in trouble in a town if you're a tad to loud.

Not to mention that my clothes have already been battered enough we don't need more of them XD