Server time (UTC): 2019-08-23, 10:03
Sign in to follow this  
Brad

False Report?

Glad someone outside of his friend group said it so no one claims "You're just mad your friend was banned". Yea, it was a really uninformed and honestly stupid verdict.

I could probably link 10 + reports where this exact situation goes the other way. I have literally never seen a report where a single punch and then backing away is considered a hostile action worthy of gunning someone down. I'm genuinely baffled right now. 

Calling this NFVL is bad enough. There is a generally accepted standard that you can punch someone a single time, and be hostile towards them and it's not ok to just gas them, it's been verdicted so many times it's just common knowledge at this point. Then, to not only completely go against every other verdict ever done with basically this exact same scenario, but to also call it a false report is completely insane. It's like if someone reported someone for KOS, and then staff decided, "In this situation we think KOS is acceptable, and since that's how we feel, this is a false report"

I get that we have a very fresh GM team right now, and people are still learning the ropes, but this is unacceptable. 

I imagine the rest of the report can be debated in an appeal, I guess I am a little concerned that staff aren't always communicating with the community in reports.  Asking questions is pivotal, giving people chances to make the right decision is pivotal, and it seems like this decision was extremely rushed and maybe a knee jerk reaction to the OP calling out certain staff members to not get involved.

Posted (edited)

I hope that this verdict will be overturned. I think this too sets low a bar for hostile RP, being able to cap somebody for a single punch. But we should give the staff the benefit of the doubt that they had the best intentions and simply got it wrong on this one. 

Edited by Saline

I could maybe understand how he got hit with the NVFL but false report? doesn't make much sense if it looks like roleplay. never thought I would see someone get banned for trying to RP without shooting shit up 

Posted (edited)

I find it strange it wasn't done here.

Edited by Eagle

Posted (edited)

The fact that he was just denied his amnesty appeal for, at least on the surface level, no definitive reason, on top of the verdict from this report just make this whole situation feel slimy.  It would be different if that linked report didn't exist, but that report literally and unambiguously ruled that one punch is not a threat to life nor reason to open fire on somebody.  The false report bit is a whole other, "what the fuck," as well. I thoroughly hope that staff revisits this and doesn't ruin Dusty's chance at finishing his Amnesty, and that doesn't seem to be an unpopular opinion.

tenor.gif.653373bf17d33cb72ca916daa57f942a.gif

Edited by Peril

Lmao that's some fucked up shit if I've ever seen it. Hope he gets unbanned and that verdict is amended heavily.

Posted (edited)

First of all: not a friend of Dusty's... or anybody's friend for that matter. I have to start with this because chances are the first thing people are going to check on this thread is who is whose's friend when making a post, and not the validity of the arguments.

That said, the False report verdict looks completely uncalled for, and easily lends itself to the usual "staff bias" claims... and sadly there's ground for that, because very rarely an exonerating report carries enough evidence of bad faith from the OP to get them a False report ruling.

I'll elaborate: The kill was contentious, there was plenty of room for doubt and there was a credible basis for the user to believe, being the victim of said kill, that it wasn't completely within the rules. Immediately assuming the accusation was made in bad faith because Staff ruled that, within a tiny margin, the kill may have been legit, is outrageous. Labeling such reports as false would necessarily deter many other users from making reports, more so against presumably "well connected" people, and increase distrust against Staff. You might as well rule all reports that don't end up with the accused punished as "false reports" and deal the OP of each one of them a banstrike.

Do reconsider.

PS: To friends and supporters of Dusty... don't cheapen the thread with useless funerary posts. Make arguments, don't paranoically point fingers at the looming shadows.

Edited by MatthewFC

Posted (edited)

I cannot see how that's the right verdict, just seems like @YNW Dusty interpreted the rule a certain way which he assumed a rule was broken so quite rightly put up a report. I just don't believe this was an intentional false report even if certain members involved don't get on. There have been previous reports verdicted to suggest a punch isnt an attempt to kill someone so is therefore not a threat to life. If anything this needs to be clarified. Plus the fact that people have been given the opportunity to close a report after a rule is clarified to them.

Anyway, looks like an appeal has been sent in suggested by in this this thread. So before people jump in with those uncalled for smart remarks, give the appeal a chance.

Edited by Samaritan

Posted (edited)

My question remains to staff.  Many of you have read over this thread so perhaps someone could shed light to it?

Did procedures change?  What are the standards for a false report? Will people not be given opportunities in the future to close reports if staff deems it the wrong path?

Edited by MR Pussywhipped

One of the reasons why I’m taking a break from the community, I’m just glad I myself haven’t been targeted by some staff members. I feel bad for Dusty, verdict was not fair at all, and I don’t even know the dude lol. I just know he’s been through some shit

Posted (edited)

Lmao what heavy memery is this report verdict? 

(4 GMS signed off on this verdict? The actual fuck is going on?!)

He punches a guy once, a light punch, and gets gassed for it. That's straight ruleplay if ever I've seen it, but to hit him for false report?

Also where the fuck did this new precedent come out where 1 punch resulted in NVFL just because he was carrying a rifle? 

Also fyi Dusty was literally being followed, and then when he reacts he's killed?

How backwards is this verdict holy hell... 

Edited by Para

I don't agree with his verdict at all...

I can see staff not hitting Scar with ruleplay "maybe" 

But to hit dusty with False Report and NVFL doesn't seem right to me o7 Dusty, maybe the Admins or Rolle can help...

22 minutes ago, Para said:

Lmao what heavy memery is this report verdict? 

(4 GMS signed off on this verdict? The actual fuck is going on?!)

He punches a guy once, a light punch, and gets gassed for it. That's straight ruleplay if ever I've seen it, but to hit him for false report?

Also where the fuck did this new precedent come out where 1 punch resulted in NVFL just because he was carrying a rifle? 

Also fyi Dusty was literally being followed, and then when he reacts he's killed?

How backwards is this verdict holy hell... 

I agree. I am sooooo confused? What the hell is going on. 

Posted (edited)

If anyone read the report and the verdict. It's clear cut for what made the staff come to this decision.

It's all about the circumstances. YNWDusty lead ScarRP into a trap to be initiated on. It fails, YNWDusty walks away, a few insults go back and forth. It's night-time, so low visibility. YNWDusty punches ScarRP (armed), ScarRP feared for his life, and shoots YNWDusty.

I don't understand why people disagree with this... It's not like it was a casual brawl in the street. There were premeditated circumstances. It's made roleplay sense to me. Seriously, I mean, it's pretty damn stupid to punch an armed guy in the face. I understand the NVFL verdict.

Now, in regards to guilty verdict for "False Report", I believe that is questionable. I can agree that verdicts like these can arise now and then at the discretion of the staff team, as there are players out there that are genuinely out to get other players banned. Do I think YNWDusty deserved that verdict? Personally, no. I think given the circumstances, and lack of clues that would lead YNWDusty to commiting a false report is rather vague. I believe they thought they were in the right to file a report for Ruleplay, as a player had just gunned him down for punching them. However, I don't believe they thought the situation through before filing the report.

Edited by CamoRP
Studied the report better, and re-wrote my opinion.

Posted (edited)

So, I was actually in the video of Dusty's report when Scar's character asked me to hold Dusty's up. We already knew from the start based on their interactions that one was trying to bait the other (I will let people figure out who was baiting who).

You can hear me saying "I got bigger fish to fry" as I didn't want any part in it, I wasn't even aware after they ran off that Dusty got gassed, I saw the report but didn't think much of it at first. Seeing the video, the situation could have gone a million different ways that didn't have to involve killing Dusty with a gun.

NVFL? In a realistic scenario, if someone punched you while you had a rifle in your hand, you'd probably take a few seconds to recover from that punch and at that point (If we want to talk realism) some dope text rp could have happened here where Dusty's character could have attempted to disarm the man via text emote. (Though wasn't given the chance.)

There was also the fact he could have said "If you punch me like that again, I'll put a bullet in you." at that point it's free game.

I'm just seeing people are bored and trying to score free kills for the sake of either gear, the thrill or really any reason not to run around a huge map with your friends and finding nothing better to do. It's why even in game I refused to get myself involved, plus I had some other RP going on that involved something fairly fruitful in the end.

I do believe the admins, are wrong in their verdict of banning him based off false report, there could have been a million things done here. A punch is nowhere near something threatening in the least unless he kept spamming it repeatedly.

Not sure what to say but this is a small reason about why I am always strongly advising my group not to report things in case of Staff Bias or whatever other reason. It's not a secret there's friends of friends and nepotism is a real issue on this server.

Can anything be done by the community? No, it's not our server realistically, it's Roland and Jim's, so at the end of the day, this thread will probably get closed like most and they MIGHT do something about it, it depends on how they look at the facts.

Edited by Kase

17 minutes ago, CamoRP said:

It's all about the circumstances. YNWDusty lead ScarRP into a trap to be initiated on. It fails, YNWDusty walks away, 

Not at all what happened 

This group of people was at Bash telling others that they were in search of the 24th St vatos. Scar happens to roll up while this conversation is happening and Dusty tells them that's he's part of the group they're looking for. 

I'm not sure if you think those guys at Bash were Dusty's allies or something, and I really don't understand how Scar walking up to the conversation on his own is "Leading him to a trap"

I think all around the deserved verdicts on both sides was a not guilty on Dusty for baiting and based on former hostilities, while borderline, a not guilty for ruleplay is arguably fair. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Impostor 2 said:

--- Not at all what happened ---

Just as the staff team did; I am working with what information was provided by the POV, video evidence, and verdict's summary. He could very well not be guilty, and this should go through the appeals process. All I was stating is how I think the staff came to this verdict.

In normal circumstances, I would agree it is Ruleplay to gun someone down for punching you once, even after throwing some insults.

Edited by CamoRP

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Impostor 2 said:

Not at all what happened 

This group of people was at Bash telling others that they were in search of the 24th St vatos. Scar happens to roll up while this conversation is happening and Dusty tells them that's he's part of the group they're looking for. 

I'm not sure if you think those guys at Bash were Dusty's allies or something, and I really don't understand how Scar walking up to the conversation on his own is "Leading him to a trap"

I think all around the deserved verdicts on both sides was a not guilty on Dusty for baiting and based on former hostilities, while borderline, a not guilty for ruleplay is arguably fair. 

That was my group at bash, we were not looking for 24th. We were asking if they were 24th to avoid being held up as we had immunity from them at the time due to past hold-ups.

Edited by Kase