Server time: 2019-04-21, 07:17
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TODAY | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 9 hours, 42 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
A Drunk FelkerRP

The Reporter Is Not Broken, - Fred Felker. (Private Journal)

The Reporter Is Not Broken

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1, 4/15/19: A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

"I awoke from a house in Novaya Petrovka. One might call it a, "Rude Awakening." There were gunshots in the distance and being the curious fellow that I am, I immediately went to investigate. Mexicans were swarming a school-yard on the North side of the city. Like normal, I was threatened with my life to leave. I ended up sitting atop a roof taking notes from a good distance aways."

"I met with some former friends. En, and Charles. We planned an expedition to the Prison Island to meet with the cannibals. Due to weather conditions and narcolepsy the group was halted and never made it past the borders of Novaya. "

"I was scoundering around a military compound for some Rifle Ammunition when a trader approached me. He tried selling me apples, bananas, potatos, and tomatos. When his products were not being bought he pulled out an SKS, chambered in 7.62x39 instead. I was willing to hand over his valuables, but the man tried taking my notes as well. He threatened to burn the papers. When he titled his head down to read what was on them, his chest was pumped full of .308 Winchester."

Edited by A Drunk FelkerRP

6 minutes ago, TheMcCafeMenu said:

Psst: I recommend writing in the first person.. Fred seems like an intimate kind of guy IC.

I'll take it into consideration xD. (i edited it)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2, 4/16/2019: "A Lawless Land"

"I've always known how dangerous the world could be. Especially during an apocalypse. Today was a prime example. I awoke in my tent outside of a military compound and started walking. There were gunshots in the distance, so obviously, I ran to them. It was just a simple man killing the infected. Conversations led to questions, and questions, like normal, led to a barrel in my face. His name was Tony. I hope Tony enjoys the gun he so carelessly robbed from me."

"I ran into a friend after my... poor encounter. It was Charles. We continued our previous task of heading to the Cannibal-Colonized Prison Island. After freezing our asses off from the swim, we found no trace of the inhabitants. I'm writing this, still on the island. I apologize if there are water stains. We had not looked in the prison itself, so maybe they're just sleeping. I hope they are. I really wanted these fucking interviews."

Chapter 3, 4/17/2019: "The End Of Empathy"

"I think I taught myself a lesson today. Maybe I had a quality that was always there and just never realized it. I was in a Southern town, I don't remember the name, where I was a man fighting off the infected. He had nothing but a baseball bat, and he was fighting for his life. He was determined to live. This would just be a normal encounter any other day, but on that certain occasion, I felt no need to help him. I just.... didn't want to. 

After I left the man I was in a military encampment East of Vybor. I was interviewing 3 gentlemen when another traveler came along and tried to join the conversation. Before the interview was over, the stranger had a gun in his face, and my new acquaintances were robbing him of anything valuable. In my line of work, I'm supposed to stay neutral through anything. I try to do that as much as possible. However, when the man was getting robbed, I just sat back with my paper documenting it. I felt no need or passion to even speak up for the man... Maybe, I'm changing for the better. Maybe, I'm turning into a cold-hearted bastard. But I know, I'd deeply regret taking a bullet for someone who never deserved my sacrifice in the first place.

Chapter 4, 4/18/2019: "Lessons Learned"

"People back home... I might not be writing as much. Ever since I got to this stinking shit pile of a Country all I've done is reported. My life has been threatened more times than I can count, and I get a gun to my face every other day. I don't even know if the CNN is still a thing. Obviously, I won't stop writing all together, but I'm done risking my life every single fucking day. I need to do something more with my life. I'm tired of getting shot at to report other peoples' problems. I need to start worrying about MY problems."

Great posts!  His neutral stance is very interesting, and it's very interesting to see that perhaps changing in the latest post!

Chapter 5, 4/19/2019: "Righteous Reassurance"

"Today, I met some cannibals. Inside of a fighting pit, there was a chest full of human flesh. I've about fucking had it. Another day of me risking my life for this stupid fucking job. I'll be moving to Kirovograd for now. I hope none of you miss me too much. I'll be back. Why do I fucking always come back."

"You know what. Fuck this. One of the dearest friends I have ever had once told me, "Do what you love. And Don't stop. No matter what." He was a reporter too. And he gave his fucking life for this job. If I die, so be it. If i get fucking eaten, so be it. But before then I'm going to strive to clarify myself as the best reporter this country has ever fucking seen. But dear God if someone tries to fuck with me and get in the way of that, they'll just be another story of how I decreased the population of Chernarus by one life."