Server time: 2019-04-22, 13:36
Sign in to follow this  
Finn

Review group recruits

Should staff review each new recruit to groups?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sure theres been times where you look at a group roster and look at a certain character page and wonder "Why is that character even in that group?".

What I'm trying to suggest is staff reviewing each new member to a group to ensure that it makes sense for this certain character to join the group and make sure that their character fits this groups ideology. Because I've seen many characters follow a certain groups goals/ideology only to join a new one and completely throw away their old ideologies.

If you have to provide a realistic reason for finding yourself in chernarus for the whitelist, why shouldn't they need to provide realistic story for each group they decide to join?

Because what it looks like to me is that characters are changing from Military operatives -> Gang members -> Anarchists -> Communist separatists -> Mercenaries and it doesnt make sense and only makes them look like they're just joining up with every group that holds power over the others.

Dont get me wrong, I think they can join any group they want. But I think they should make new characters first.

Tl;dr

If someone joins a new group their character should fit the ideology and goals of the new group, should have a proper backstory to how they joined and shouldn't be switching ideologies every time a new powerful group pops up. Staff should review group/character stories in order to avoid having characters who make no sense being in certain groups

Let me know what you think.

Posted (edited)

Well character backstory does not include character progression, so staff couldn't know that this psychotic murderer had actually regained himself found Jesus and vowed to help people for the remainder of his life, hence why a murderous cannibal is joining a medial group.

Edited by nisbo

No.  The idea is far too time consuming.  Groups that are approved are approved on the basis that their leaders will do the very thing you're after.

Staff are busy enough with forums/reports, they don't need to babysit who is in what group.

4 minutes ago, MR Pussywhipped said:

No.  The idea is far too time consuming.  Groups that are approved are approved on the basis that their leaders will do the very thing you're after.

Staff are busy enough with forums/reports, they don't need to babysit who is in what group.

Groups dont do that and haven't over the past history of the community it wont change without the staff intervening.

6 minutes ago, Finn said:

Groups dont do that and haven't over the past history of the community it wont change without the staff intervening.

I really don't see this as a pressing or really overally concerning issue.

Characters can change...even group goals and ideologies can even change.  

I personally have never met someone in game and gone.  "Wow you don't belong with this group"

And if you do find someone who matches what you are saying, why not call them out IC?  Could make for some interesting RP.

But yeah as regards to the poll.  It will never happen, what you are asking is way more work than it is worth.

Posted (edited)

While I agree that some characters joining certain groups can be seen as far-fetched or illogical, the same could be said about maybe some characters not being allowed into certain groups because the member is new, not liked by the group members or other OOC reasons. Should we also legislate that? The fact is, OOC friends will always gravitate towards playing together and not accepting outsiders. This is the reason some groups have CLOSED RECRUITMENT, they want to banter with their inner circle and do their own thing. If anything, the problem is more that members who know each other OOC will  most likely ostracize other members even when not in the same group, which leads to some very unlikely alliances. There's really nothing that can be done, short of preventing members from joining the same other members in groups endlessly. I'd be up for that, but I know it wouldn't sit well with a majority of the community. What needs to change is members giving others a chance to prove themselves first-hand instead of not wanting to RP with people they've never been with, because of OOC reasons or hear-say.

Edited by OldSchoolOG

Yeah I don't think staff have the time nor would they want to go through the process of vetting each groups members. That should be left up to the group leaders anyways.

No 

It takes staff weeks to solve things.

And theres really no need for this 

Eny people can join eny groups with chernarud gone to shit

No need for this. 

Groups dont need to be micro managed. We need to allow groups to build themeselves up their own way as they are the one thing that can build and develop RP over long periods of time. If we start to micro manage and put people off making them then the server will die out quickly.

The tone that comes off with this is that we don't trust group leader's to manage their own members, which doesn't sit well for community tension. There's no need, all group leaders are capable of managing their own members.

Whilst yes, it baffles me that some people pretend to be anarchists for a while etc. It's still their choice to do that with their characters. Memes or not, if the RP quality is good that's all that matters. And if it isn't, well then you can write feedback or report. 

Basically we got all the systems we need in place already, no need for a new one.

Nah that's the job of the leader if he fits he fits no need to get staff to micromanage every single small detail about a group.

I don't see a need for this. Staff doesn't need to get involved with every facet of the community, if I'm honest, especially when we're all busy as it is. Group leaders are perfectly capable of doing something like this on their own, in my opinion

Posted (edited)

I have to agree with the majority of people so far in that it should be the responsibility of the group leader(s) to police their new recruits. Staff always keep one eye on the groups anyway and will pull them up on any inaccuracies that they see. I just think its a step too far in regards to expectations of staff to do this in regards to their time. I wonder if there could be some kind of compromise in regards to this issue but it would involve group leaders being very strict with their recruitment and some group leaders are requiring backgrounds that fit in with the group and not some recycled old character. It's a difficult one to enforce but it shouldn't be down to staff.

Edited by Samaritan

Like the idea, but its just giving the staff team extra work that isn't needed.

Posted (edited)

ye its a no from me it is up to the group leaders to make sure people fit the stile of the group and not to mantion it wuld feel wrong to have groups micro maneged like this atlest for me

Edited by Derek Steel

Hard no. Too much staff management.

Anyone can argue any character joining any group, if they stretch it enough. Its not up to staff to decide what your characters thinking leads them to doing.

Too much micro management, group leaders know best how to manage their group and are the ones doing recruitment and sending invites to people. Especially now that with the latest group requirement changes, the group leaders actually have to be leaders in full meaning of that word.

Makes sense, thanks for your input everyone.