Server time: 2019-04-22, 22:57

@KencoBlaze12I never said, everyone has shit RP. And the thing is with that situation I told above. We ended up getting almost all of our shit back. And our characters living. So it ended up well for us.

1 minute ago, Esalon said:

@Solo And I 100% agree. I just need to find those diamonds in the ruff lol

Here's where I disagree, the problem with your statement is to me like you're saying that there are very few characters on the server that meet your requirements and the majority of them are garbage and not very unique which really isn't the case. 

@lukaszxeI don't my RP is at all better than everyone. I'm just saying, some people should idk be interesting. Maybe i'm asking for to much and im sorry if I am.

@SoloYou're right honestly. Maybe it's because I come from playing, Arma 2/3 and GTA 5 RP where the setting is more civilized. Not apocalyptic, i'll keep that in mind.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Esalon said:

GTA 5 RP where the setting is more civilized. 

I'm sorry, what? Civilised? Everyone is a gangster on RP servers on GTAV?

Edited by Beni

3 minutes ago, Esalon said:

@SoloYou're right honestly. Maybe it's because I come from playing, Arma 2/3 and GTA 5 RP where the setting is more civilized. Not apocalyptic, i'll keep that in mind.

You probably just need to get used to the surroundings, then you'll start to pick up the little traits that people imbed into their characters and groups. 

9 minutes ago, Esalon said:

@BeniWhat I meant by "civilized." Is like a modern world. Not apocalyptic.

Well... DayZ is a game set in the apocalypse? and not just that we're almost 2 years INTO the apocalypse

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Esalon said:

@BeniWhat I meant by "civilized." Is like a modern world. Not apocalyptic.

But...DayZ is set in apocalypse hence not civilized and its nearly 2 years in, people will not be modern or civilized. Everyone isn't going to be friendly and camp Hope has been getting it's arse kicked lately. You have to take into account that your 'funny af bit' isn't going to be very funny to the people that have almost been driven out of the camp. All it will do is annoy them. You have to remember your OOC good idea is not necessarily going to play out as well in game on a IC level. The best roleplay shouldn't be scripted etc. it is going with the flow in game. You walked into a dangerous area blasting music etc. no wonder you got a hostile response. You really need to think IC'ly and not OOC'ly in regards to what is a good idea due to the in game environment.

I get that you wanted to entertain and try something new but really think about how you go about it.

EDIT: Just saw your post below. You're right the environment in game is different from where you mentioned, don't be to put out by some of the comments it's just you hit a raw nerve with your first sentence in the OP with some people here. I understand what you're trying to achieve but next time read what you write before you post it just to make sure it doesn't look like you're shitting on peoples RP style as you might ruffle some feathers. 

Edited by Samaritan

I have always found that when you roleplay as an interesting character you can make any scenario enjoyable. You get out what you put in sort of thing. If the joke fails, AWESOME! Opportunity to learn, grow and adapt. Failure is potential development. Stop worrying about everyone else's roleplay and hone in on your own. 

@Xehara And I do, like I said earlier. even tho we were being robbed and OOC is was angry. My friend and I still made the RP enjoyable. Saying stuff like, "Mitch I fuckin love you, remember mas burnt spaghetti and how dad knocked her the fuck out for that. I'm gonna miss that shit." Mitch being my characters brother, and the guy taking us hostage just hit me with a spiked bat. That's just one situation, like yesterday we were at Stary Sober, and just looted the mili there and planned to head to NW. We run into a guy on the way there, talk to him for a min. My friend then is like. "Hey Ronnie want to pitch a ball for ya, this mans whats yous all about." We then RP him throwing and I missing it. Then we yell at each other for him "throwing" the ball wrong and we fist fight like brothers. Before my friend goes. "Want me to go get the ball? Id have to run to Elektro." Me and the other guy start laughing our asses off. And take a min before getting back into character.

11 minutes ago, Esalon said:

@Xehara, -snip-Mitch I fuckin love you, remember mas burnt spaghetti and how dad knocked her the fuck out for that. I'm gonna miss that shit." We then RP him throwing and I missing it. Then we yell at each other for him "throwing" the ball wrong and we fist fight like brothers. Before my friend goes. "Want me to go get the ball? Id have to run to Elektro." Me and the other guy start laughing our asses off. And take a min before getting back into character.

Ok...so I don't mean to be blunt, but really Im going to be.

None of the above sounds appealing to me.  Your sense of humour isn't going to work everytime in this community, and you shouldn't expect it to.  There are people who rp VERY serious individuals and ones who are wacky as all hell.

It's sort of the beauty of the game.  Rp with people you enjoy rping with, and have a good time, but don't expect people to think what you're doing is revolutionary.

You could have made this post a lot more productive, and less passive aggressive.

It's nearly 2 years into the apocalypse. Of course people are gonna be assholes. I get what you are saying, however instead of telling people to just "be more creative" actually offer criticisms on the specific person's RP, and what they could improve on. There are far better ways to go about this, rather than coming onto the forums and making a post which just puts people's RP who you're not a fan of on blast.

1 hour ago, Mak said:

I remember some dude RP'ing as a cyborg from the future. Now THAT was creative.

RIP my boy VECTOR tho

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Esalon said:

Hey guys, I RP as Ronnie Maddox and i'm making a post to talk about how some of y'all need to learn to RP better. 

residentsleeper.png.f1ab4717c5bb63b2d8b41b3fe1d80073.png

RP is subjective.

While it's nice that you and your brother when at times in RP, have tons of fun and create experiences for other players, past or present, but from the way your portraying this post it seems like you just want people to appeal to your own definition of RP and how things should be. RP among many other traits at its' core is improv and playing a character. Acting. It's a choice for people to be militaristic, the "hard" motherfucker, the list goes on. Lots of people in this community are creative, and from personal experience in the past and present, every interaction I've had with people have been unique and each with a unique personality and trait to go along with them.

Don't take things done through RP seriously such as being held up, try to make the best out of it even if you're not winning, because at the end of the day RP is not about winning or losing, but progressing and developing character's stories and expanding upon them through interactions with others, hostile intentions or not.

Edited by MrDew

Posted (edited)

-snip-

I can't imagine anything less creative and uninteresting then hitting on female characters and tripping over nothing (especially when it's pre-meditated and scripted roleplay). It's tried and tested, not creative.

See, roleplay is subjective. Whilst you think that is creative, I really don't. Something that you think is boring and uncreative may be fun and creative to someone else. Find a group of people who roleplay like you and stick with them, since that'll create roleplay for you and around you much more effectively then hitting on a doctors whose name is the namesake of the camp, and falling over. 

It's two years into the Apocalypse. If you're not playing a "hard" character, you should at least be playing a cautious character. Roleplay here is grounded in realism (at least most of the time) and most people take that up. 

Edited by Xavier

1 hour ago, Esalon said:

Hey guys, I RP as Ronnie Maddox and i'm making a post to talk about how some of y'all need to learn to RP better. 

So you come and make a thread just because you believe someone else's RP didn't meet your standard, come on, you have to expect the unexpected, not everyone is here to cater to you and everyone has their own style of RP.

Here we are almost 2 yrs into the Apocalypse and people have fought IC to stay alive and have done things that maybe made their skin a little thicker than others. This community has a diverse set of Role players and like many have mention before me that the RP goes both ways.

TLDR, stop with this unfun RP characters, and make something interesting. 

Just because your scripted RP didn't go like you planned and you got held up by "hard" motherfuckers who robbed you and made it unfun does not mean the RP given wasn't good rp. This whole thread was about how great your RP is and how others need to "be creative ffs". Come on man......

@Esalon I was the Irishman amongst the Russians.

I'm going to step in here for some positives while your getting dumped on here.

I have to say I really enjoyed you and your brothers roleplay, got me giggling a few times both of you dressed as bloody telly tubbies. Most hostages either quiver in their boots, shit talk back or generally don't put effort in but you lads decided to give us a laugh. Even tho you were technically rescued by us, you played the part as hostages afterwards and definitely got on our good sides with humour.

You better keep that deal y'hear 😉

Keep it up lads hope to see you around again.

-USER HAS BEEN WARNED FOR THIS POST-

Everyone has there own sense of genre of what roleplay they like. You like doing your type of roleplay, cool - awesome. 
Some people really are deep down into milsimRP. CampfireRP. TortureRP. HostileRP. Any kind of RP. That's what makes this server completely different from others. Because it has a dynamic set of roleplayers that enjoy delivering things that are different. Such as you, such as me. 
I understand there are frustrations behind the post, but in no way should it bash people publically because you simply did not agree to it. It should be taken to a PM and expressed on what you did not enjoy to help them improve. Not everyone will have your standard of RP or expectation - because it will be too predictable and get beyond boring after a while.
A lot of roleplayers have deep interesting stories that they obviously wouldn't be spreading around like butter for everyone to know because it may be very personal or private to that character. If you're wanting scripted roleplay - perhaps try out some telltale games. It's a roleplay server for a reason - people are playing roles of what they can't do or be in real life to enjoy their nights.

😄 

@Esalon thanks for praising our rp, it was good fun and good roleplay from you guys.

we were the Chedakis.

Posted (edited)

Reading your replies, it seems you only want funny characters. Dude we're almost 2 years into a zombie apocalypse, people aren't going to have the same sense of humor as they did before it all started and I promise you a fucking circus is not going to come to Chernarus.

My character has been alive since the beginning, he's not going to take a prank and just laugh it off, at least not from a stranger. There's very few characters left that have been here since Day 1 Lore Wipe, but even the characters that are "new" are still almost 2 years into an apocalypse. Your sense of funny RP might work for you but it's not going to work for a majority of people. The people that have survived this long have done so by being hardened, and assholes at times, especially when you're hanging around the known hostile areas. If you want more laid back RP, don't go to hostile areas. 

Edited by Rainey

There needs to be an even mix, light hearted characters can make situations very enjoyable whilst serious ones can add different atmospheres such as how tense a situation is or how much emotional weight it carries for the characters. I have played as both and have found both to be equally enjoyable, it comes down to how the individual portrays that character and how relevant they keep their reactions to the "real world" issues. Some are better than others at pulling off certain styles, everyone is here to learn, give feedback, be supportive!

Posted (edited)

I meaaaan, we're 2 years into a zombie apocalypse. Getting used to constant hostilities will turn you into the aforementioned "Hardass'.

@Grimnir Fuckin love you bro

Edited by CrescentGent

While I am sure the intention of this post was to encourage others to try to make unique characters, what it really ended up being was a humble brag and a dig at other people.

What can I say..? Eh... Try to... Phrase it better next time..?

13 hours ago, Esalon said:

-snip-

Lmao what elitism bollocks is this. 

What's actually "original" about your character then? Seems like a generic survivor to me just based on the backstory. You're literally telling people "be creative" when right now we have nationalists, crazy characters, Raiders, people setting up camps for others, mercenaries, the lot. We already have such a variety of shit, and you're sat here with a bland ass survivor character telling others to get creative. Lmao what. 

Right now very few of my RP situations IG have been bland / boring. Yeah I hold people up a lot, but we do it through various methods bc we're raiders. 

Man this level of elitism is cancer.