Server time: 2019-04-20, 15:21
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TOMORROW | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 1 hour, 38 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
Esalon

Roleplay and you

Hey guys, I RP as Ronnie Maddox and i'm making a post to talk about how some of y'all need to learn to RP better. I RP with a friend who's my "brother" when we RP we have tons of fun and create amazing experiences for other players. However, we arrive at Camp Hope earlier today. Knowing from an old character I used RP as Dr.Jager,  that the people are nice and chill. However my friend and I planned a funny bit. Where he would RP into the camp with his stereo on, and he trips. Then my character yells at him. Funny af, but for some reason. Everyone up north seems to be a RPing as a "hard" motherfucker. And as soon as we get there do the funny bit, RP hitting on Dr.Hope, these two guys tell us to come with them. And we knew something was up and said nah, but then they asked Dr.Hope if they could rob us here. So they held us up, and took us to the pharmacy near by, and well robbed us. But during there robbery, these people RPing as a group of Russians came and held them up and ended up killing them. These Russian even tho with initial bad intentions for us. Actually ended up providing fun RP. What i'm trying to say is, I see so many of this ex-military RP where the guy or girl is a hard ass. And acts to tough and alpha. Learn to RP as something fun, it's a RP server be creative ffs. Stop repeating the same shit over and over. I know y'all get bored on these DayZ RP servers and look for ANY reason to rob/kill someone. At least have some fun with it, like we were getting robbed. And even tho we were mad obviously. We still were making great RP and making them laugh saying shit like, "You got pillows on your hands, shit was weak." And we hear to guy start laughing before getting back in character. TLDR, stop with this unfun RP characters, and make something interesting. 

I'll agree to an extent, but I think that there's more to it than what you're saying. Camp Hope is in a pretty shady spot, it's known that the people there aren't the friendliest bunch generally, so expecting to get away with a practical joke isn't really sensible in all honesty. We're also 644 into the outbreak, people are hard motherfuckers generally. But I do see where you're coming from, I just think you need to think about the area and scenarios more.

" Oh look at me guys, I roleplay better than everyone! My character is so interesting "

Sorry but mate you can't preach " make something interesting " when your character page is 10 sentences long. Your story is pretty much " Hated my dad, loved my mum. Had to run away from safe places cos we kept fighting people because we're hard as fuck. Then we wound up in Chernarus.".

Take a leaf out of your own book. 

Edited by Beni

What a...

...humble post.

You're right on the aspect that people need to try different things.  But not everyone is going to be your best buddy, some people are not going to trust you/be hardened by the zombie infection.

Calling out the server for a couple of bad experiences is also a bit drastic.  There is plenty of good RP to be found.

Just now, ScarRP said:

Thanks for this man, will take this into account and hopefully it will make me a better role player.

Always nice to know that Scar takes all feedback into consideration.

@Beni

Listen, my "story" isn't that great. I wrote a better one for my 1st character. But I don't go purely off my story. I'll say tid bits here, but adapt to the situation and make it entertaining.

See I understand what you're getting at, but you need to take the surroundings and the setting into consideration. Like said above. 

That spot has been a staging ground for multiple hostilities for a while now and people are justifiably on edge.  So going up there playing pranks, tickling everyone's funny bone might not end up well. At the least it will most likely drive already wired on edge people over said edge and cause a rippling effect like it did for you. 

TRUST ME, my characters a "funny guy" and he pulled off a practical joke. Because hey, need to have some fun even when things have gone down the drain.  He lost trust because of it, he got nearly killed for it and is currently recovering from the effects. Both mentally and physically.  Great character development, but not the best course of action!  😄

Consider your surroundings and be prepared for consequences! ❤️

12 minutes ago, Esalon said:

Everyone up north seems to be a RPing as a "hard" motherfucker. 

image.png.fc37f4279e68c91766efc6d2816fd925.png
image.png.78b28dbb13b64383a7feaa311d58633e.png
image.png.ef1433567df602bca66952a4e30cd63a.png

Like I said... Take a leaf out of your own book. 

Edited by Beni

Sounds incredible, do you mentor people who are worse at rp than you? 

@Ouromov

I agree, and don't mind stuff going that way. The characters Ronnie and his brother Mitch have had a lot of adventures only being created about 3-4 days ago. And I touched someone enough that on the 1st day we made the character. He makes a comments on my characters page saying how great the RP was.

There's plenty of non-hard vulnerable non-combatants out there in South Zagoria, just need to find them.  But people having survived so far brings out toughness and that "hardness" you were talking about.   So you can expect people to be able to use weaponry and not be running around like headless chickens without a survival mentality and weariness to them.

Thinking you're better than anybody else on the server is not the right attitude to have. Your RP is not the only RP that matters.

4 minutes ago, ScarRP said:

Thanks for this man, will take this into account and hopefully it will make me a better role player.

It's good to know that people are taking this into consideration, thank you mr.ScarRP 

Also, do you have any suggestion for any "creative" roleplay? Most roleplay has already been done on the server to some extent, at this point there are no new "ways to roleplay" It's easy to sit and say "oh stop doing this boring RP and do creative stuff" Most people do what RP they want to have fun, they don't force themselves to do other forms of RP that they don't want to do. @Esalon

@Beni

I wrote that yes, but so far. Both characters fight each others and argue with themselves. More then they have to others. It's hard to write all what I want to show you Beni. You'll just have to see me in game and experience it for yourself. I'm not the best at story writing, don't go off t hat wrote it in like 10mins. Read the one I wrote for Dr.Jager, put a lot of time/work to make a quick good story. I'll rewrite Ronnie's story, and get back to you ❤️

I remember some dude RP'ing as a cyborg from the future. Now THAT was creative.

@YNW Dusty Not thinking i'm better than anyone at all. When I was Dr.Jager, I was in Camp Hope. And met a guy who had a amazing character with a great story. And we just sat there for like 30mins. Just talking about our characters story. Be interesting is what i'm saying. Stop with the ex-military shit. Not everyone has to be that.

"Bossman serve me up some of that humble pie fam." 

The problem we have here my friend is that people have a right to play what they want, you just got the find the right people at the right time thats all. 

@NozzyRP I have yet to run into an Italian dude, maybe create a someone who was a act in a circus. And have them preform everyone else in a while. I ran into a guy who was mute, but played the guitar. Anything works, just be effort instead of repeating others. Bo Burnham made a song called, "Repeat stuff." And I think it fits well here. The general idea of the song was how every pop artist makes the same love song over and over because it's popular. In this scenario it's people repeating the same character. Stand out, be unique.

You do realise that RP is quite subjective, and what you think may or may not be fun, isn't always going to be what others think is "fun".  Hostile characters are needed or things get stagnant  and to be honest what you are describing with just randomly coming in with a "stereo" can be quite disruptive to others RP and can often be met with people being rude and/or hostile with you.

This is coming off as another "im gonna bitch about peoples roleplay because MY roleplay is just so above everyone else and they should all learn to be as great as me" thread, which in my opinion is completely pointless and won't achieve anything at all.  There is nothing really constructive about your post.  Since you appear to have so much to contribute, may I suggest writing an RP guide for people to share your wisdom?

Like others have said already, this is not the way to go about how "to talk about how some of y'all need to learn to RP better." Just cause they're "hard" doesn't mean their ex-military. Its nearly two years into the infection and you think you can judge these people by their covers? Buddy. Check yourself before you go further. Lots of characters here are more than what meets the eye.

But since we're on the subject, how about make suggestions of "creative RP" instead of just making it look like a rant cause you were unsatisfied with the RP provided.

@Dustup Very true with it maybe disrupting players. But we had the "stereo," on for maybe 5secs before we had to character fall over.

People can play whatever they want and it will always be that way. Roleplay is a 2-way street if you want people to create something unique start with yourself and see what you do better yourself. Just because you think that your roleplay is the best doesn't mean that everyone else is gonna think that way. Everyone is allowed to play how they want if it's getting too repetitive for you maybe try using the radio forums to set up something with a person that's roleplaying something unique? There are a million ways for you to handle this situation on the forums or ingame