Server time (UTC): 2019-06-26, 03:14
Sign in to follow this  
Eagle

Group cap

Group cap  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fine as it is.

Member of the supergroup here, I'd like to reaffirm what was already posted here. Someone mentioned having a day crew and night crew, our group is almost perfectly split into people who can play in the daytime, and people who can play at night. We never have all 60 people on at once. If people want to be a part of a specific group, but can't because of a rule saying that a group can't exceed a certain amount of players, that kinda sucks too. Besides, we're not all in stormtrooper mode all the time, we're everywhere. Embedded, in the shadows.

Having a big group doesn't mean a standing army, it just means a lot of people pledge their allegiance to us. Also, having two servers has alleviated some of the imbalance here when it comes to big groups. Being so large, we can also have a presence on both servers if we wish. We'd like to keep our group large for immersion purposes as well, since our group is based entirely on being a globe-spanning mega-corporation with its fingers in everyone's pie.

Had a feeling one of these would turn up at some point honestly I think every group that wants too should have hundreds of members that way they could actually fully staff a base 24 / 7 instead of just getting looted during afk raids — and that’s just one reason — I also love having 24/7 activity we usually have at least 5 members on no matter what time I get online with a group of 25 that would be impossible unless we were all getting paid to play day z at our job,  so no -1 from me no group caps— per the RP and the groups and game play form naturally— think the other groups are too big? Start recruiting — want tips on how to recruit more members to your group? We pm me for advice — I have strategies that have been working for Potius that could work for you and your group as well

As someone who roleplays outside the group, I believe it could even become the whole server. I know this sounds ridiculous and outrageous, but the group's roleplay is based on being a Merc group who goes into an area and contains it. I realize many people don't like big groups and that completely okay, I just have a different vision of the organization as maybe others might. The point I am trying to make is that I don't believe that with such a large group people will not enjoy the roleplay (which is what the server is for) I believe it is just a different type of role play you want to be apart. However; maybe this is where the organization keeps failing to explain, what type of roleplay we tend to gravitate towards. I am glad the community is giving input and maybe we can change and help our members figure out exactly what we strive towards.

-Dr. Kaiser

Dr.Strange.jpg

There use to be an agreement between active clans not to exceed 25 ACTIVE members, I doubt any clan has daily activity with those kind of numbers at the minute, a group cap would be needed if there was though.

I guess what I’m also surprised about is that as far as I know our group has never gone about impeding another groups or another persons RP, so I don’t get why people would try to limit us or the RP that can be gained from a super group— you got a problem with a super group? Form a coalition of little groups to fight it — you can solve anything through RP— again though I literally spend a couple hours each day recruiting— so if anyone wants help on how to recruit for their group let me know— but don’t try to limit other people’s RP or chances at a story line — especially when it doesn’t effect you— if you don’t want conflict with a certain group too, avoid them, it’s what we’ve done in the past and it’s what we did when @Eagle ran a larger group than us with the green dragons — it’s all about strategy — but again we shouldn’t limit role play — I think we should all be ecstatic that we have a group and a server this active right now and should hope more super groups pop up on the server

this comes from a guy who RPed as a lone wolf for 2 years and loved it when I ran into the massive super groups of the FRench foreign legion and the Zbor of the old lore because they created so much lore, story arch and politics for the server

39 minutes ago, GaryCash said:

=sn

GD never had 60 + members mate most we got was 20 something maybe close to 30.

ah

I dont see a reason to have a cap

activity usually planes out

11 minutes ago, Eagle said:

GD never had 60 + members mate most we got was 20 something maybe close to 30.

Irrelevant you outnumbered us, and we adapted, RPed it out

There is absolutely no reason to limit a huge number of RPers on the server, or to limit the unique experience we bring to the server.  I implore you to try out an alternate character one day and RP with us and see what our RP is all about.  I am 100% sure you would have a good time with us and reconsider your opinion, and realize that extremely large groups provide for immense amounts of RP at all times of the day which is amazing for those of us with obscure work schedules.

Really Eagle you should honestly hop in game with us some time, it'd be great to have you on our side for a couple of days and to have you RP with us, again I think your opinion would be entirely shifted after you did

20 minutes ago, GaryCash said:

Irrelevant you outnumbered us, and we adapted, RPed it out

There is absolutely no reason to limit a huge number of RPers on the server, or to limit the unique experience we bring to the server.  I implore you to try out an alternate character one day and RP with us and see what our RP is all about.  I am 100% sure you would have a good time with us and reconsider your opinion, and realize that extremely large groups provide for immense amounts of RP at all times of the day which is amazing for those of us with obscure work schedules.

Really Eagle you should honestly hop in game with us some time, it'd be great to have you on our side for a couple of days and to have you RP with us, again I think your opinion would be entirely shifted after you did

I do not like playing in huge groups last time we came up you guys ran with your two cars when you had 20+ members online idk man, not calling you, in general, there have been groups that have had 40+ members and I never understood why an RP group needs that many people it adds nothing really unless your trying to run a settlement otherwise it's just bodies for a fight.
Doesn't matter either way people wanna keep huge groups about might as well close this.

Don't see the point to cap it off. Like what advantages does it offer? I see none.

-1 No reason to prevent friends from playing with each other.

25 is perfect in my opinion, not to big, but still worrisome if they are hostile. +1 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, MrBowTie said:

Don't see the point to cap it off. Like what advantages does it offer? I see none.

Do you mean like having 40+ people with rights that can log on you whenever and hunt you down with 2 hours of rights? yeah no advantage at all 😄

Edited by Eagle