Server time: 2019-04-21, 03:15
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TODAY | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 44 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
Aeryes

Private Storage that can be broken into.

Private storage.  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am planning on making private storage that is guarded by an onboard keypad to try to solve the issue of offline raiding. Or at the very least lessen its negative effects. 

What I am proposing is the following: A safe that can be opened by anybody that has the code. The storage would be small and not big enough to fit guns. Basically it will store things such as ammo, medical stuff etc. It can also be broken into which will allow others to steal what's inside. The proposed time for breaking in would be 10 minutes. 

This is just like Dayz Mod mod (not the old dayzrp mod because I wasn't here) days if I remember right, so yes +1

Like I said in Discord, a 50/50 chance would be cool, if you succeed the sledgehammer doesn't break and you can access the storage. If you fail the sledgehammer will get ruined. This way it doesn't mean everything get's raided instantly. Because let's be honest, 10 minutes to break something down that probably has a shit ton of loot in it isn't much time compared to having to check every military base on the map in order to find a gun.

I'm not sure about this one chief, isn't that enabling people to gear whore even more?

Unless there is a limited number of these safes and they are rare or they are somehow manually and evenly distributed (like, every official group gets three), this could become a major loot hoarding issue which is something we've just been trying to fix by disabling long term persistence on buried stashes.

2 minutes ago, Roland said:

Unless there is a limited number of these safes and they are rare or they are somehow manually and evenly distributed (like, every official group gets three)

^^ This. Distributing them to official groups in a limited number would be best.

13 minutes ago, Roland said:

I'm not sure about this one chief, isn't that enabling people to gear whore even more?

Unless there is a limited number of these safes and they are rare or they are somehow manually and evenly distributed (like, every official group gets three), this could become a major loot hoarding issue which is something we've just been trying to fix by disabling long term persistence on buried stashes.

That's the reason they will not fit large weapons. The loot issue is primarily with large weapons. Also unlike stashes these are easily identified and easily broken into.

Personally, don't think that we need something like this.

We already have way too much gear hoarding, I feel like something like this would only promote more of this. Make them extremely rare, so that there aren't too many of these around.

5 minutes ago, Banshee said:

Personally, don't think that we need something like this.

We already have way too much gear hoarding, I feel like something like this would only promote more of this. Make them extremely rare, so that there aren't too many of these around.

I think none of you are actually reading what I have said, or really thought about what this means. These safes are easily identified and will not have enough spaces to fit weapons. They are easily broken into unlike stashes where its hard to find them. I suggest this as a replacement for stashed loot altogether.

1 minute ago, Aeryes said:

I think none of you are actually reading what I have said, or really thought about what this means. These safes are easily identified and will.not have enough spaces to fit weapons. They are easily broken into unlike stashes where its hard to find them. I suggest this as a replacement for stashed loot altogether.

Alright, I'm stupid. If it can be broken into and isn't large enough to fit 12 guns then it's fine by me ❤️ 

-snip-
Read the post wrong I'm down for this.

Edited by Eagle

While I love the idea:

* 10 min is going to do nothing for people who log on in the middle of the night when no one is on and grief stuff

* I agree with Rolle, these would get hoarded

I would LOVE a system we could have things that can't be broken into without say a correct code...but unless its say something actually in a wall or somewhere you cant move it, that makes it very difficult to deal with as people will hoard it like crazy

Like the idea, sadly, don't see how it would work well IC as people would likely abuse it 😞 

6 minutes ago, RogueSolace said:

While I love the idea:

* 10 min is going to do nothing for people who log on in the middle of the night when no one is on and grief stuff

* I agree with Rolle, these would get hoarded

I would LOVE a system we could have things that can't be broken into without say a correct code...but unless its say something actually in a wall or somewhere you cant move it, that makes it very difficult to deal with as people will hoard it like crazy

Like the idea, sadly, don't see how it would work well IC as people would likely abuse it 😞 

The hoarding issue only affects guns. As I have already said this will not be able to hold large guns.

1 minute ago, Aeryes said:

The hoarding issue only affects guns. As I have already said this will not be able to hold large guns.

okay, good point! I'd be up for this honestly...that and ways to make it extremely harder to break down bases and such

I support this idea. +1

However, here's how I would go about it.

I would first introduce a "Medium Safe" onto the server to test it out first, see how the community likes it.

• Capacity: The medium safe would pertain storage of  5 W x 12 H slots for a total of 60 slots. 
  • Spawn-Rate: Percentile that is less common than tents, barrels, etc. for a total of 15 (min), 30 (max) safes per server.
  • Code-mechanism: Allow a 4 or 6 digit pin, that will lock user out, if 3 failures occur, for increment of 15 minutes per lockout, with a max of 45 minutes added.
  • Durability from damage: Indestructible
  • Durability from brute-force: An animation that lasts 15 minutes; any of the following tools can be used to break-in: Sledgehammer or Crowbar with a 33% chance of failure.

Other notes:

If more items are added to the game, I listed a few other idea below.

• Useful tools: Aside from brute-force and hacking, I suggest adding "Thermal Scanners" or other tools that could help a player solve the puzzle to break in to them easier, than having to attempt to break in instead.

Regarding "Durability from damage" , you could make it possible to destroy safes intentionally with only explosives.

Regarding "Durability from brute-force", if explosives could be added, you make it so players can blow up safes, within 30 seconds, with a 70% chance of destroying half of the items inside, and 45% chance of destroying the safe and everything inside of it, and a 15% of failure of opening at all, requiring another attempt.

Other ideas regarding "Durability from brute-force" , for more tools, could add blow-torch, or other tools for cracking safes.

Other ideas, could introduce "Durability from hacking, and other methods" --- Could introduce a technological way to hacks safes, with a computerized keypad cracker, or laptop, etc. 

@Aeryes

Also thought of another idea --- Along with the capacity being slots to hold any item that fits... You could make it that "special slots" allow certain items to fit in the safe, sort of how Assault Vest/Smersh Bags work.

I'm down for this, since weaponry or atleast rifles can't be stored.

It's not a bad idea, but similar to what others here have said already, there'll likely again be an increase of people to horde gear and loot in these, of course this'll always be the case with any introduced storage ability / mechanic. 

As long as weapons can't be stored, it could be a valid way to store "Valuable rp items" such as documents, medical supplies, drugs and other things of IC value. 

I don't get why people are complaining about hoarding and this idea?   What are they going to hoard?  Medical supplies that are easy to find, bullets that are easy to find?  I think it's not an issue 😄    As long as it doesn't have space for guns, like Aeryes said, it won't be an issue.

+1