Server time: 2019-04-21, 03:14
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TODAY | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 45 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
Gaden

Question About Characters

So, I have a question about characters and identities and how they work specifically. 

To narrow what I mean, say I have two characters and I log in one day, and through a bit of roleplay I execute someone of a large group, and for whatever reason they know my name and my voice, for the sake of argument. 

Now, let's say I execute this man, wait thirty minutes, log off and hot swap to another active character and log back in(I understand everything will be the same except for the name) to find them hovering over their friend's last location, and they recognize my voice, and my clothing is the same, but this character has actually had no prior interaction with this group before. 

Now, of course they can detain me because the rule of hostile action, but given the fact this character has no prior interactions with them, but they cannot execute me as long as I'm compliant, right? 

I do apologize if I didn't ask this correctly, or if this has been asked before. I'm just unsure of how this situation would work exactly.

I ran into a similar situation, once when with a group of my friends, I recognized someone's voice, and we detained them and checked identifications. I knew who he was, but due to having no prior interactions with his character, I released him and his friend. 

Is there a rule against hot swapping characters as such? Or just something to clarify this situation as I'm still new around here.

If you play on a different character that character is a completely different person and you are not allowed to remember events and names that happened on your usual character.

@Phoenix

Yes, and this goes for others, right? Even the friends of the executed in the situation?

(Not a real situation, all hypothetical) 

Edited by Gaden

There is a 24 hour active character cooldown I believe, so you can only swap once a day, but in this instance I would say it is hard for the hostage takers to tell as if you log back in with everything you had on your previous character and also doing the same voice, it is hard for them to identify you as a different person. Whenever I change character I always kill my current character in order to change the model/start a fresh. In this instance I would recommend that if you were caught again and they believe you to be your other character, to put in OOC chat something like *//OOC This is not the same character etc.* And you would have to roleplay as your new character without any prior knowledge of your previous character's actions/situations.

Just now, Gaden said:

@Phoenix

Yes, and this goes for others, right? Even the friends of the executed in the situation?

Yes. Obviously you won't be able to switch characters if someone has 2h KOS rights on you.

1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

Yes. Obviously you won't be able to switch characters if someone has 2h KOS rights on you.

Now I didn't know about that rule

Thank you!