Server time: 2019-04-21, 03:18
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TODAY | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 41 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
DieselTheSnowMan

The sand man's journal. (Jeremy Delaroux)

Posted (edited)

I've been carrying this white handbook for a long while now. Back then I didn't really have a use for it, other than writing down the short landing and short takeoff distances of an Airbus 320 or maybe the different radio frequencies of the several airports around the world but hell, eventually when you spend enough time traveling alone... Well, you just feel the need to start taking the load of your thoughts into something, so here we go. 

My name is Jeremy Delaroux, better known as sand-man nowadays. I've found myself stuck in this country for a good while now... Now, I'm not entirely sure about how long exactly, since nobody keeps counting nowadays but, pretty much since the people started going nuts, and well... Biting each other. Now, about me? - No, I am not a fighter nor a criminal. Back in the day,  I used to be a pilot for KLM, you know. Travel the world, meet people and fly planes. That was my life, a good life, quite lonely but a good life.

I remember the day I got here like if it happened yesterday. It was just another day in the office for me. Get picked up by the van, go to the airport, meet my crew, introduce ourselves, do the check and balance, plan out routes and all that stuff. I remember the news were always talking about conflicts in these areas back then, strange things happening within the country and what not, but not like I was worried about it. After all, we were only supposed to stay in the country for a couple of hours, and well. Conflicts are conflicts after all. 

Everything was alright when we landed, I remember there was a lot of military personnel in the area, but I only assumed they were exaggerating, just like any other airport in the United States or Europe. About an hour after we landed the air traffic was shut down which seemed kinda odd, but it has happened to me before. It usually happens when a plane that is flying in the airspace nearby the airport gets into an emergency, and well, from there the air traffic controllers need to give them the priority to land. I've never been so wrong in my entire life.

From there, things just went from bad to worst. People were talking about rumors of cannibalism in the streets, riots, police shooting civilians... It was chaos. We thought that they were going to allow us to fly back to Holland but it never happened. From there, well. It's pretty self-explanatory what happened.

Since then I've been roaming the country without a clear destination. Just surviving. I've met several groups along my way, hell, I even got the chance to take part in a group myself. Green Mountain Radio, they used to be a group of reporters that kept the people of the area informed about factions, conflicts and so on... Shit, they even played music. Awful music, but better than nothing. Sadly that didn't last forever. Eventually, it fell apart and I had to get myself out of there. As I'm writing this, I'm on my way to meet up with some strange people I meet a few weeks back. I believe they are good people and I pray to god (If there is one) that I'm right. I guess only time will tell...

Edited by DieselTheSnowMan

I had a feeling... like something moving in the back of my neck... Turns out I was right. They're all weird, really weird... But they are not bad people, not yet at least. I meet up with Constance and her people. I got to talk with a rather good amount of them and oddly enough a guy that was staying in that town with them turned out to be an ex-member of the clowns. 

They used to be quite famous back in the day, by 'Back in the day' I'm talking about like two months into the outbreak or so. Their main way to entertain themselves used to be putting grenades into peoples backpacks and watch them explode. Kinda fucked up but hell, to each their own. Turns out he changed his ways and now only does that stuff to bad people... Kinda like an anti-hero or something.

It's safer down here in the south of the country, the town has some busy traffic but thanks to my luck we didn't meet anybody with bad intentions. There was a couple of weird moments during the day, mostly with Constance... For some reason, she wanted to know if I had ever wondered how I tasted like... Then she just took a chomp at her wrist, not sure if she drew blood or anything, not like I care or should care, but it was really fucking weird. Kinda placed me on edge. Then after I mentioned my reasons for leaving the north, which is mostly the cannibalism and the rising tensions between the Jackals and the 24'th, she wouldn't stop asking me questions about Novaya or if anybody knew who these groups of cannibals were...

I don't know man, it's sketchy but I can't jump into conclusions yet, after all, they seem like good people. Maybe she is just different or maybe it's just a fetish or something. I'm thinking about fortifying one of the houses in town so I can stay with the rest of them and hopefully call them my friends. Who knows... Somewhere to call home could do me some good.

Doll... Dolland... ¿Because there's nothing there? - Fuck, I don't really get the reference. At least he seemed alright, quite troubled but still, good lad. Well, he fitted in the ''My kind of company'' list at least. It's quite sad to see someone that deep into his fucked up mind. With time you learn to control yourself, but in the end, that thing that people call mind gets the best of us.

Yesterday was a slow day. My highlight was probably these two Chernorussian girls that came through town. We talked and it was nice, their names were Lex and Ala... Well, of course, they were nicknames but you know, at least I have something to work with. Apparently, they were into a pill called ''Comfort'' and they were kind enough to hook me up with one, of course, I took it.

I'm not gonna lie, it felt good. Really good. Shit, I still feel good. It feels a lot like MDMA but better. I don't know... Quite a weird day. I'm hoping to meet those two in the near future.