Server time (UTC): 2019-08-23, 01:26
Sign in to follow this  
Yury

S1 US | BadRP West of Sinistok | 14/04/2019 7:54 PM

Posted (edited)

Server and location: West of Sinistok at a bar.

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):  04/14/2019 7:54 PM

Your in game name:  Kodi Mortensen

Names of allies involved: Mason Hoffman

Name of suspect/s:  Elias Roth or Desean Jackson

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): 

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): Images below

Detailed description of the events: Four guys who didn't identified themselves asked me and my dad (Mason Hoffman) to play rock paper scissors. I couldn't find the right gesture so he just shot me in the head without any warnings. 

20190414195426_1.jpg?width=1443&height=620190414195440_1.jpg?width=1443&height=6

Edited by Yury
Template.

Connection Logs:

Spoiler
22:44:15 | Player "Kodi Mortensen" is connected
22:55:41 | Player "Kodi Mortensen" has been disconnected

22:38:23 | Player "Mason Hoffmann" is connected
22:55:35 | Player "Mason Hoffmann" has been disconnected

19:38:39 | Player "Angus Sinclair" is connected
00:17:54 | Player "Angus Sinclair" has been disconnected

22:40:38 | Player "Elias Roth" is connected 
00:17:54 | Player "Elias Roth" has been disconnected

22:00:21 | Player "Dustin Durabolin" is connected
00:17:54 | Player "Dustin Durabolin" has been disconnected

21:59:37 | Player "Desean Jackson" is connected
00:17:54 | Player "Desean Jackson" has been disconnected

Hit Logs: 

Spoiler
22:54:36 | Player "Kodi Mortensen" hit by Player "Angus Sinclair"  into Head for 34 damage with FN SCAR-L from 1.92891 meters 

Kill Logs:

Spoiler
22:54:36 | Player "Kodi Mortensen" killed by Player "Angus Sinclair" with FN SCAR-L from 1.92891 meters

Chat Logs:

Spoiler
22:53:07 | Chat("Elias Roth"): // hold period, go into misc then RPS 
22:54:02 | Chat("Elias Roth"): // hold period, go into misc then go to RPS

22:52:05 | Chat("Desean Jackson" //ooc "." button
22:52:16 | Chat("Desean Jackson"//ooc "."
22:52:32 | Chat("Desean Jackson" D
22:54:09 | Chat("Desean Jackson" ASDASD
22:54:19 | Chat("Desean Jackson" //"."
22:54:34 | Chat("Desean Jackson"//OOC ".'

Calling in:

@Makalevi - POSTED
@Kernetic
@Vini - POSTED
@imbranden - POSTED
@Dustin Durabolin - POSTED

For their full POV as well as any unedited evidence they may have.

Before the 5:00min shadow-play recording:

Encountered Kodi's father west Sinistok, so we held him up. We where role-playing as lunatic bandits who where deciding peoples fates based on the outcome of our game (Rock, Paper, Scissors). We told Kodi's father he wouldn't be allowed to leave the area until he played a game. Depending on the games outcome would dictate if he survived the encounter or not. He refused to play until his son showed up. We waited for his son Kodi who showed up right when the clip starts. Kernetic/Angus was the bandit leading the encounter, I was the bandit in the evidence clip. I would also like to mention 5 seconds after the clip ended, Kodi's father ran around those hay bails with Dustin Durabolin following and instantly logged without saying any more words. Unfortunately Dustin doesn't use shadow-play.  

Clip: 

@Kernetic, @Vini, @Dustin Durabolin and @imbranden will all be temporarily banned due to it being more than 24 hours since they were called in.

I'm sorry for the late reply I was not at my computer due to irl issues.

This is my pov approaching Kodi with Dustin Durabolin and telling him that that his father need help playing rock paper scissors because his hand were full with a backpack. At then end of the video you can hear Dustin Durabolin mention that he followed Kodi's father up the hill a little and was witnessed him log out right after the event.

Clip:

I'm sorry for the late response. I checked out the post, but I figured there was sufficient evidence available already. Mackalevi's version of the event replicates mine. 

3 hours ago, Dustin Durabolin said:

I'm sorry for the late response. I checked out the post, but I figured there was sufficient evidence available already. Mackalevi's version of the event replicates mine. 

We require a full POV in your own words regardless if yours is similar to someone else's POV.

@imbranden Your temp ban has been lifted. Keep an eye on this report for any further questions.

We were role playing as bandits (myself, Imbranden, Makalevi, and Kernetic). We came across a man and his son. We held them up. We offered them a chance to get out of the situation alive, all they had to do was win a simple game of rock, paper, scissors. After numerous attempts to allow them to save themselves, they failed to play along. They were given multiple warnings if they didn't comply and play rock paper scissors, they were dead (as seen in Makalevi's video). We even gave them in game instructions on how to play just in case they were unfamiliar with the game. In the end their ignorance/god awful rp cost one of the players his life. The way i see it, they were either playing dumb, or actually were dumb. Think of it this way, if we had instructed them to put their hands up or die, and they pushed the wrong button and raised their weapon instead which resulted in their death... whose fault is that? In my opinion, the real concern here should be one of the players (Mason Hoffman) combat logging only seconds after the interaction. 

21 minutes ago, Dustin Durabolin said:

- snip -

Thank you for your POV, please keep an eye on the report in-case we have any further questions.
Please refrain from getting heated, and don't worry, the staff team will look at all aspects of the situation.

I apologize, I didn't knew you would need my point of view in this whole situation.

I saw a group of armed people and I tried to not mess up with them going the opposite way since my character is a quiet person and not extrovert. The mentioned group ran after me, and unfortunately their RP  was decide who could live and who couldn't through a kid's game. We didn't took event seriously because we thought it would be just a joke so we tried to have fun with the interaction. Unfortunately they were pretty serious and killed Kodi out of the blue. At the moment we got really upset without understanding anything since we spent a long time trying to build our farm for our RP. I got away from those people as soon I could because I was mad then I logged off.

I recognize my mistake by just running away, and I don't expect to be unbanned because of that but when I look they wasn't watching me however they were looting Kodi's body.

15 minutes ago, Vini said:

"Unfortunately they were pretty serious and killed Kodi out of the blue"

If you watch makalevi's video at the time stamp 2:55 Angus/Kernetic gives multiple clear warning that he will shoot Kodi if he fails to play the game and he continues to act clueless; and again gets another clear verbal warning at time stamp 4:00. Through this whole video you can see Kodi was using a bunch of emotes and which some of the emotes are not accessible on the F1-F12 hot bar and are only accessible through the in game emote wheel. Even having help in the game chat while still the following the rules and using // for OOC communication MULTIPLE times. He still manages to fail to find the clearly marked "Rock, Paper, Scissors" emote even after using  the emote wheel numerous of times seconds before. 

I find Kodi/Yury's argument and quote "I couldn't find the right gesture so he just shot me in the head without any warnings. "

On 4/14/2019 at 4:06 PM, Yury said:

I couldn't find the right gesture so he just shot me in the head without any warnings. 

false and obscure as clearly shown in the evidence above.

We were role playing as bandits (myself, Imbranden, Makalevi, and Dustin Durabolin). We came across a man and his son. We held them up. We offered them a chance to get out of the situation alive, all they had to do was win a simple game of rock, paper, scissors. After numerous attempts to allow them to save themselves, they failed to play along. They were given multiple warnings if they didn't comply and play rock paper scissors, they were dead (as seen in Makalevi's video). We even gave them in game instructions on how to play just in case they were unfamiliar with the game. In the end their ignorance/god awful rp cost one of the players his life. The way i see it, they were either playing dumb, or actually were dumb. Think of it this way, if we had instructed them to put their hands up or die, and they pushed the wrong button and raised their weapon instead which resulted in their death... whose fault is that? In my opinion, the real concern here should be one of the players (Mason Hoffman) combat logging only seconds after the interaction. 

Thank you @Vini Your temp ban has been lifted. Keep an eye on this report for any further questions.

18 hours ago, Kernetic said:

We were role playing as bandits (myself, Imbranden, Makalevi, and Dustin Durabolin). We came across a man and his son. We held them up. We offered them a chance to get out of the situation alive, all they had to do was win a simple game of rock, paper, scissors. After numerous attempts to allow them to save themselves, they failed to play along. They were given multiple warnings if they didn't comply and play rock paper scissors, they were dead (as seen in Makalevi's video). We even gave them in game instructions on how to play just in case they were unfamiliar with the game. In the end their ignorance/god awful rp cost one of the players his life. The way i see it, they were either playing dumb, or actually were dumb. Think of it this way, if we had instructed them to put their hands up or die, and they pushed the wrong button and raised their weapon instead which resulted in their death... whose fault is that? In my opinion, the real concern here should be one of the players (Mason Hoffman) combat logging only seconds after the interaction. 

We need a POV in your OWN words, not just a copy of your allies.

- USER HAS BEEN CAUTIONED FOR THIS POST - 

1 hour ago, Kernetic said:

- USER HAS BEEN CAUTIONED FOR THIS POST - 

I would just like to mention that Kernetic’s comments here don’t represent the groups opinions. These are his own. 

-USER HAS BEEN WARNED FOR THIS POST-

@Kernetic, I'm going to be nice and give you one last chance to post your full, detailed & serious POV.

I posted my POV and you deleted it??

4 minutes ago, Kernetic said:

I posted my POV and you deleted it??

I said serious POV, not a shitty attempt at being funny. Please provide us with your full, detailed & serious POV.

I was just trying to be as detailed as possible. I thought it would help your investigation if you got a window into my mind during this situation...

Just now, Kernetic said:

I was just trying to be as detailed as possible. I thought it would help your investigation if you got a window into my mind during this situation...

Alright, you clearly don't take any of this serious. Suit yourself.

3 minutes ago, Banshee said:

I said serious POV, not a shitty attempt at being funny. Please provide us with your full, detailed & serious POV.

Please do not spam the forum with unnecessary and hateful speech. 

3 minutes ago, Banshee said:

Alright, you clearly don't take any of this serious. Suit yourself.

I think you may take it seriously enough for the lot of us.

22 minutes ago, Kernetic said:

Please do not spam the forum with unnecessary and hateful speech. 

I think you may take it seriously enough for the lot of us.

Seeing as you have no interest in improving your attitude, and seem to find it this all funny, you can go be some other communities problem. Good luck.

Thank you all for your patience,
A team of staff members have reviewed this report and have come to the following conclusion regarding it.

Summary |

I'll start this off by briefly summing up the situation at hand,

Vini is approached by 4 individuals (imbranden, Dustin Durabolin, Kernetic and Makalevi) who ask him or his son (Yury) to play a game of 'Rock, Paper Scissors'. He is told that if he wins, he'll receive a gun as rewards and that if he loses, he'll receive something that they won't talk about. Just as Vini is about to play, one of the 4 individuals comes back saying that Yury will in-fact be playing the game. They get ready to play, but Yury struggles to find the right gesture. They try to explain to him through OOC chat how to do the 'Rock, Paper, Scissors', but Yury still cannot find the right emote. One of them eventually says; "If I see one more gesture that isn't your fist up, you're not gonna make.", but Yury is already half-way through his action and is shot for doing the wrong gesture. Shortly after this, Vini runs behind one of the hay-bales in the field and proceeds to log out.

Addressing the Rule-breaks |

I'll start this off by addressing the 'Invalid Kill' by @Kernetic,

Although the idea of deciding someone's life using a game of 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' is cool, it is not something that you can do, unless valid execution-rights were gained beforehand. You cannot execute a hostage because of the outcome of a 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' game, as it is completely random and something that they have no control over.

You can only execute a hostage under the following circumstances:

• Hostages do not comply with your demands after repeated requests or try to escape.

• Hostages pose a direct threat to you or your group, for example by picking up a weapon when not allowed to.

• Hostages do not value their life, for example, they repeatedly talk back or insult you despite being told to stop.

• Approved group of the hostage refuses to negotiate or opens fire on hostage takers.

• Demands from negotiations with the approved group of the hostage have not been met after a reasonable time has elapsed.

In this situation, Yury was not your hostage, as you had not initiated on him yet. You were in the middle of initiating on him, saying; "If I see one more gesture that isn't your fist up, you're not gonna make.", but shoot him in the middle of it. Due to the fact that there was no valid initiation, no kill-right were ever gained, thus making the kill invalid.

Secondly, I'll address the 'Combat Log' on @Vini,

Shortly after Yury was shot and killed, you decided to run behind a hay-bale and proceded to log out. You committed 'Combat Log' by logging out during an active roleplaying situation without asking OOC permission from those involved.

• 4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.

In the future, if you need to log out during a roleplaying situation, ask permission of those involved by asking them OOC using the "//" prefix.

Lastly, I'd like to address the 'BadRP'.

In the video, a couple of the accused can be heard saying stuff like; "Flex your Period muscle" and "If your brain was a keyboard ...". Although not severe enough to warrant points, I'd like to ask all of you to not do this. We have an OOC chat, using the "//" prefix, for a reason. In the future, use this, as any more of this could've led to a 'BadRP' punishment.

Outcome |

@Kernetic

• Permanently Removed from the Community

@Vini

• Combat Log - Guilty | 3 Day Ban, 10 Warning Points

Signed | @Banshee, @Pontiff & @RandyRP