Server time: 2019-04-21, 05:19
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TODAY | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 11 hours, 40 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
Sign in to follow this  
Falk

Chernobylite

CREEPY

So its up for fundraising on kickstarter? does that mean its an indie production?

Yeah, nah. 

Those devs are fucking awful. They're fishy as fuck, as they already have an early access game they are developing. Plus, the fact that this is stated to release in Autumn, yet the trailer looks entirely pre rendered is incredibly concerning.

looks like an offbrand EFT but with monster NPCs and radiation

ill pass tbh

13 minutes ago, Onyx said:

Yeah, nah. 

Those devs are fucking awful. They're fishy as fuck, as they already have an early access game they are developing. Plus, the fact that this is stated to release in Autumn, yet the trailer looks entirely pre rendered is incredibly concerning.

Was about to say this, this is developers most recent release (still in early access): https://store.steampowered.com/app/674020/World_War_3/

Yeah, no.

Going to be one of those games that people spread around because of a shiny trailer, buy, realize it's shit after four hours (regardless of because of bugs, unfinished features or just generally shit gameplay) and then realize that they can't refund it because they've played it for too long. 

Pass.

Just wait for the next S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (if it ever comes out)

Edited by Xavier

A game set in Chernobyl?!  

*See's the game Devs*

Fuuuuuuuuuuck!!

*Goes back to playing modded STALKER and Metro* 

Okay but all seriousness. I hate early access games....BUT. I do enjoy my Chernobyl based games and...well games with gas masks and shit haha. I'm going to give it a shot and if it's shit? Well thank you steam refund for being a thing.

Gonna pass on this one chief, after looking up the Devs lol. Hopefully they will prove me wrong.

Post-Apocalyptic, Survival, Early Acces. Yeah, I'm gonna pass on this one chief, I already know where this is going.

28 minutes ago, Banshee said:

Post-Apocalyptic, Survival, Early Acces. Yeah, I'm gonna pass on this one chief, I already know where this is going.

Gotta agree with this to be honest 😄 I don't see this taking off

Sadly the games industry is at a point where indi devs can't be trusted to make anything decent, so nobody buys from em and big devs pump out little money magnets to make as many fat stockholders happy as possible. 

My advice, stick to the old stuff, you'll most likely find the best gold there

55 minutes ago, Monday said:

Sadly the games industry is at a point where indi devs can't be trusted to make anything decent, so nobody buys from em and big devs pump out little money magnets to make as many fat stockholders happy as possible. 

My advice, stick to the old stuff, you'll most likely find the best gold there

I wouldn't say that indie-devs can't be trusted, some of the better games from recent years come from indie-devs. It's the indie-devs jumping on the bandwagons like zombie-survival games, open-world survival games, battle-royale, etc, that I'm always iffy about. They jump on a popular genre and show promising stuff, release an early-access build, but almost never deliver on the concept.

Indie devs are fine. They release a lot of crappy games, but also plenty of gems. They are not any worse than AAA studios which release a bunch of crap as well. Just look at Bethesda or those guys who made Ark and are now releasing a new game very year, which is Ark reskinned with a different theme and title.

Just never, ever pre-order ANY games or believe any teasers, trailers or announcements.

The problem isn't with indie developers themselves. The problem is with these small teams of 5-20 developers who have made one game thinking they are ready to create something as complex as an open world survival game. A great example of this is Survive The Night. Completely self taught devs, never made a game before, built up shit ton of hype, game flopped because it was in development for 3 years yet had zero content. 

On the other end of the spectrum, if you really want a good, cheap little gem to play, I would reccommend ISLANDERS. Simple little puzzle city builder and it costs less than £5