Server time (UTC): 2019-08-19, 10:56
Sign in to follow this  
Hex

Developer Roadmap

Developer Roadmap  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So as it stands, we as the community see very little in way of what is going on on the developer side of the RP community. We see sneak peaks every once and a while of stuff thats half finished or nearly done but dont see anything beyond that of said items for weeks and months if ever again at all. I feel like the community needs a page or place that clearly displays the work to be done, the work that is coming up and perhaps a wishlist where the community can actively vote on what they want to see next out of an assortment of items suggested. While I enjoy reskins and colors of already existing items, it gets a little disheartening to see 40 recolors of shoes as opposed to other items that get no love. 

I see zero problem in this. Let's see all the hard work the devs are putting in, while keeping us excited for the future development.

Definite +1

Love this idea, might help with directing developers towards projects that have lots of support and thus (hopefully) a better appreciation for their work.

+1 If its by no means any issue for developers, then I'm all in favor for this idea

I'm all for transparency, and I think this would be great for the community and the developers.  It would open a channel of communication to show what the community is really excited for, and could even end up saving the devs time or helping them reprioritize their roadmaps based on community reaction.  Hell, it could even open up doors to more premium perks, like more influential voting over what premium members would like to see on the roadmap.

There no real concrete future plans for Development to my knowledge other than that there is Base Building stuff being worked on and i'm still making more re textures and re adding weapons... Things posted in Sneak Peak are never final either, these things are simply a sneak peak into the each devs little work place of W.I.P stuff or stuff they have finished and that may or may not make it in-game

It's unfortunate but the BI devs have not provided the tools necessary to do much else than retextures and basic item addons. While MoreGuns is being updated outside of DRP, it's also a slow process of adding more weapons and not something that DayZRP community really has any say in.

We've several times tried to implement new clothing items, base stuff etc but in the end it's gone to hell because of the nonexistent modsupport for BI themselves.

I don't think there needs to be anything more than the suggest and sneak peak channels in discord as well as the forums here to suggest stuff. Honestly, the time is not there for us to do many things we would like to so it's pretty pointless anyway.

Current devs work on a lot of small things, individual items or retextures and whatever they feel like really. We have no roadmap as such, we only set a broad focus what should be worked on in general. Right now that is base building. This works well for the current team because that way devs can work on things they themselves like and enjoy doing and have no deadlines, so their work on DayZRP doesn't feel like a chore and causes them to burn out.