Server time: 2019-04-20, 07:19
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TOMORROW | 2019-04-21 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 9 hours, 40 minutes | Chernogorsk Docks | Peaceful
Roland

Second server and automatic locking

This is beautiful, amazing stuff Roland lad.

👏🏻 glad we can prevent ghosting and just pure loot rp by this method. 

Maybe add a 5 min timer to the auto-kick, so when it goes below 90% it sends a server RCON message saying server will close in 5 min, so people can finish their business before it kicks them? Otherwise we will have people kicked a lot if S1 is changing from 89%-90%, like it is right now

The only issue I see with this method is as follows. Here is a likely scenario in my opinion:

>S1 reaches 90%+ population.
-->Queue starts forming up.
>S2 opens up.
-->Players in queue wanting to play with their mates on S1 tell them to move to S2.
-->Players already on S1 want to score some fresh loot.
---->S1 population dips below 90%+
---->S2 closes
>S1 is back at 90%+ population.
>goto start;

10 minutes ago, Gremlinco said:

Maybe add a 5 min timer to the auto-kick, so when it goes below 90% it sends a server RCON message saying server will close in 5 min, so people can finish their business before it kicks them? Otherwise we will have people kicked a lot if S1 is changing from 89%-90%, like it is right now

Yep, added that just now. Will send 2 messages, 5 minutes apart, giving people 10 minutes before it closes, and will abort closing if player count jumps above 90% again.

Just now, Pontiff said:

The only issue I see with this method is as follows. Here is a likely scenario in my opinion:

>S1 reaches 90%+ population.
-->Queue starts forming up.
>S2 opens up.
-->Players in queue wanting to play with their mates on S1 tell them to move to S2.
-->Players already on S1 want to score some fresh loot.
---->S1 population dips below 90%+
---->S2 closes
>S1 is back at 90%+ population.
>goto start;

Yep, that could be an issue, maybe I will be able to refine the code later to take this effect into consideration.

I think its a good idea if you give a little thought to its implementation. I'm no programmer, but a general idea of what I think would be a good implementation is as follows:

1. Server 2 opens if Server 1 is 90% or more full.
  2. Server 2 closes (but people within aren't kicked) if server 1 is 80% or less full.
  3. Server 2 is closed and people within kicked if server 1 + server 2 population is less than server 1 max population.
  4. Server 2 automated closure and kicking must have 5 min warnings that get aborted and reset should the conditions above cease to be fulfilled.

That would be, IMHO, a fair schedule that would not be too obstructive and allow for population shifts above the capacity of a single server without rigidly prioritizing server 1, should server 2 get more pop ocassionally.

Edited by MatthewFC

8 minutes ago, Roland said:

Yep, that could be an issue, maybe I will be able to refine the code later to take this effect into consideration.

My idea would be:

> If S1 is over 90% pop for a duration of like 10 minutes S2 gets opened up.

> Once S2 is opened it will check the state of S1 every 30 minutes.

I think it may work a bit better this way but it would definitely need some testing before a perfect solution is found.

Sounds good. 

Could players bringing weapons, tents, and other rarer items from server two to server one effect the loot economy on server one? 

In theory it sounds like an excellent idea but as some of the people here already mentioned, it requires a bit of improvement in the future.

Sounds good.

Amazing well done @Roland

Sounds good. If you're going to have the premium perk maybe add it to diamond? 

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of having a set amount of automatic weapons on a server, considering people will just bring those looted on S2 to S1, but sounds good.

5 minutes ago, Mak said:

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of having a set amount of automatic weapons on a server, considering people will just bring those looted on S2 to S1, but sounds good.

So you want to sit in a 30-40 man queue or have a server with so many slots that the AI stops working for infected and wolves or causes flying cars?

Just now, Zero said:

So you want to sit in a 30-40 man queue or have a server with so many slots that the AI stops working for infected and wolves or causes flying cars?

You might wanna read the last two words of my previous reply. I like the idea, and most definitely do not like sitting in a queue.

2 minutes ago, Mak said:

You might wanna read the last two words of my previous reply. I like the idea, and most definitely do not like sitting in a queue.

urite

Fantastic Idea

Thank you, this is alright by me!

This should work well, and will keep ghosting, loot-farming, and other issues to a minimum.