Server time (UTC): 2019-08-20, 23:38
Sign in to follow this  
Jean

Old Characters shown in the profile.

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I have a suggestion. I think it would be nice to see old characters' profiles that other people have played. I mean, everyone can see in their own profiles which characters they have played but not what the rest had. It would be great to add that option.

What do you think?

Edited by Jean

+1. Would be nice for all a persons characters to show on their profile. It may even encourage people to be open to permadeathing characters more knowing that the character won’t disappear into oblivion. I think that would benefit rp because people may be more willing to let a character go once their characters story comes to a logical close.

I think it'd be nice to see different stories people have - their character designs to give people who are struggling a bit more backstory

I've said this to Rolle, but nothing came of it.

Calling in @Roland to post his full POV.

I'd personally love to see a catalog of people's past characters on their profile.  I don't really see the reason for not showing them, and it would allow others to look at someone's profile and have that, "Oh shit! That was you?!" moment whenever they find out that someone they know well or see all the time on the forums was the voice behind a favorite past character.

That, and given the wickedly talented character and character page designers we have in this community, having a backup of inspiration for the new guys or even long time players with writers block would be great. 

+1 all around, the only caveat being that we should be able to choose which past characters we display on our profile.  

+1 from me too, would be awesome to be able to see all the other chars. people have in store if they wish to show them to the public.

Please display all characters, not just the active one.

I like this idea, let people see all characters of others that are set on public on their profile

I mean sure it would be cool

+1

I feel that suggestions are made but I don't see answers to find out if they have been considered or not. Can we get some feedback?

Big +1 from meee

3 hours ago, Jean said:

I feel that suggestions are made but I don't see answers to find out if they have been considered or not. Can we get some feedback?

If you want more attention on this, start a poll, I imagine there won't be a lot of people who will say no.

Or post here

Or in the Ask the Staff thread.

You might also want to be a bit more detailed with what you are trying to achieve in the op.

56 minutes ago, MR Pussywhipped said:

If you want more attention on this, start a poll, I imagine there won't be a lot of people who will say no.

Or post here

Or in the Ask the Staff thread.

You might also want to be a bit more detailed with what you are trying to achieve in the op.

Thanks, I am going to follow your advice!