Server time (UTC): 2019-08-18, 16:18
Sign in to follow this  
CrescentGent

Hair and Hats

Soo, bit of a weird question but I assume it's common occurrence, whenever I wear any form of headwear, whether it be a balaclava or baseball cap, my hair always seems to stick through. However, my issue lies with seeing other people not having the same problem, the headwear looks fine on them but not on me.

Am I doin' something wrong or is it a character model issue? Halpp

Character model I think, some character models are bald and are way better for wearing hats.

Just now, Banshee said:

-snip-

Gotcha, thought it was something I was doin'. I use the chad looking character model with the perfect hair.

ye its the character models i know a few people the go for the bald on just to get away from the hair glitch

1 minute ago, CrescentGent said:

Gotcha, thought it was something I was doin'. I use the chad looking character model with the perfect hair.

Those who want to be beautiful, must suffer. In this case, you'll have to suffer having your hair clip through your headwear.

Just now, Banshee said:

-snip-

:pensivecowboy:

Cheers, cowboys. Love ya'll.

Posted (edited)

I wish for this to be fixed so badly. My mates keep trying to shave my head and it makes me look like a skinhead if I am wearing anything other than beanies.

Edited by Mugin
context I use the bald character model, but their hair grows real thin

I always go hatless, or where something like a ushanka or flatcap. I find these cover the most parts of your head.

Posted (edited)

Going in with a related question:

Is there any way to change the hair of a model? Like to create new models in the future?

Edit:

@Roland - I tag you so I might get an answer

Edited by Terra
Support did not answer the question

Posted (edited)

The day they fix hair clipping will be the day we all stop playing the game, it is a real shame haha, most of the interesting models and all female models basically can't wear hats without looking like some sorta stupid.

Edited by DaRsnn

4 hours ago, Terra said:

Going in with a related question:

Is there any way to change the hair of a model? Like to create new models in the future?

Edit:

@Roland - I tag you so I would get answer

The player models (like all other weapon and object models in the game) are binarized and therefore we are unable to modify them or even use them as a base. We would have to create our own model from scratch and I don't think we are skilled enough to do that.