Server time (UTC): 2019-08-19, 06:53
Sign in to follow this  
connorv02

Lost all progress after server restart?

After a few hours of gameplay, I was taken hostage and tied up. The server restarted and when I respawned I was a fresh spawn and had lost all of my progress. Any ideas why this happened? 

Currently, if you are tied up and the server restarts/crashes, it can kill you.

1 minute ago, connorv02 said:

After a few hours of gameplay, I was taken hostage and tied up. The server restarted and when I respawned I was a fresh spawn and had lost all of my progress. Any ideas why this happened? 

Hello, if you crash when tied up there is very high likelihood that you might die. It is a known DayZ issue and has been a thing since the launch of the game.

6 hours ago, Pontiff said:

Hello, if you crash when tied up there is very high likelihood that you might die. It is a known DayZ issue and has been a thing since the launch of the game.

So if I am in the middle of an important situation when that happens should I just treat it like I died or? 

1 hour ago, connorv02 said:

So if I am in the middle of an important situation when that happens should I just treat it like I died or? 

Knocked out, stripped of everything, left for dead in the middle of nowhere, don't remember what happened. Essentially as if you had died yes.

2 hours ago, connorv02 said:

ok fair enough, they really need to fix that issue.

It's not an actual issue, it's a counter-measure the official developers added to the game, to prevent players from combat-logging from their captors. 

However, I would agree that if possible, for DayZRP, if our devs could disable it. Since this is a roleplay server where being hostage is a main part of HostileRP.