Server time (UTC): 2019-08-23, 01:20
Sign in to follow this  
Gaden

Opinions on this type of group?

Posted (edited)

What's the general consensus for a group that roleplays as a third party on behalf of groups, in exchange for bio medical data on their people. 

For example, a typical visit ICCLY:

Group A has beef with Group B, wants to solve it honorably, so they call us. 
They discuss the situation with us, and we decide to take the job or not. 
If we take the job, we will advocate the duty outlined, and upon completion you agree that medical data may be collected from your people for unknown ICCLY reasons.

Opinions?

Please, be honest!

Edited by Gaden

What do you do with the data? How does this solve my beef with the other party? Why would I agree to samples being taken from me for my enemy?

I... don't get it.

Sounds like mercenary work with extra steps. Not sure I get it.

To clarify: 

The data is entirely for OUR uses, and we don't really provide much explanation to it ICCLY, but out of character our goal is to understand and weaponize the virus, for one reason or another. We solve your beef with the other party in a way according to the situation, for example if there was a hostage, we would advocate the release in a peaceful manner, and in return, we would take data from YOUR people for our uses, as payment essentially. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah, to me it sounds like mercenary work with extra steps as said above.  

The medical data being the only semi-unique aspect about it, even though it's just another form of payment instead of guns/bullets/money etc.

I'm sure it might get deeper as a concept if the medical data was used for some bigger endgame, but on the surface it sounds like just regular merc work with a splashed in endgoal for the group as a whole.

THAT and I can see convincing people to pay them off that way being a bit hard as it sounds shady af xD

Edited by Ouromov

This group already exists minus the mercenary work.

Posted (edited)

I really do see the Mercenary work with extra steps aspect. But I'm not sure how to execute the plan to weaponize the virus, this is our thoughts so far. 

We're immune, so to understand why, begin collecting data on the people to combat the immunity. 

What's the easiest way to get someone to submit to a medical check? Injured people, or alternatively, work for them since some of us have the skill set, and get the data that way. 

Or really, any other way, I'm open to suggestions.

But basically, the Whitfield brothers are a virologists looking to weaponize it, for no specified reason. It can be used in many ways, and I am very open to any suggestions on how to obtain the data, or to change entire direction if the idea isn't received well.

Edited by Gaden

Again, your end goal is already a group. You could just join that group.

Posted (edited)

Could you by chance link that to me?

I'm not entirely adept at navigating the forums just yet, still working on it.

Edited by Gaden

The idea would work if talking literally had any impact on stopping fights. 

The first  groups you try to mediate between would start fighting again literally 20 minutes after the "super special meetings of friendly compromise" because OOC they don't want to sit around doing nothing all day. 

Peace is boring as fuck for most folk here unfortunately. 

Good concept, not practical, -1 from me friend. 

I think groups that want to get control or find a cure about the Virus should work closely with the loremasters and only do things like for example weaponizing the virus with permission of them. Otherwise it's going to be a group that is going to be stuck in one state that couldn't really evolve unless they change their core goal

I don't quite follow. 

You're mercenaries, I get that, but you're also collecting medical data in exchange for working for people? To what end? I don't feel much of anything on it. Not against it certainly but not really for it as...I don't really get it? 

Judging from your responses you want to weaponize the virus and reverse the immunity in people and that's...a very bold thing to try and do as someone that's new. This is more a lore master department thing as that ties directly into the virus itself. I'd say no to this idea on those grounds alone. World changing and lore effecting things are for the Loremasters alone for the most part. Something like this just simply wouldn't really be allowed I don't think. 

Posted (edited)

Potius Cras led by @GaryCash

Their group is essentially what you have in mind in all honesty. From what I've read at least. 

Edited by Mugin