Server time: 2019-04-22, 13:31
Colman

Communities Thoughts On Server Mods?

Communities Thoughts On Server Mods?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

There are tons of great mods in the steam workshop, some could suit role play well.

Have you seen any that peak your interest? Please share here.¬†ūüĎć

Here are some I thought could be nice quality of life improvements. (I'll add more as I see them)

FarmingPlus By: Hennessy & Chopper https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1706505953

Sneaky Stashes and Stuff By: Jest, Hop and Hennessy https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1669384419&searchtext=growing

Summer_Chernarus By: CJ187 Berlin https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1644467354&searchtext=

LessZombieSprint By: Nitrix_Spain https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1676646000&searchtext=

Classic Names & Descriptions By: Lasyen https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1563811199

Edited by Colman

Build anywhere too. 

I've suggested Summer Chernarus and classic named but to no avail.

Shit becomes awkward when it's a server that makes money and uses other people's mods. 

I'd love loads of mods, but between instability and some arm chair coder suing roland for using his "Beard growth improvement mod" or something equally mundane would be too risky for my blood. 

Posted (edited)

Thrid party mods, in theory yes! can be great but.....when the mod creator gets bored and doesn't update them with the current build or abandons them and they don't work anymore and that lovely AS50 from blah blah mod you love so much has be removed or your building that you have worked so hard on with that mod that gives you extra items to dress your camp out and make it feel like its a home goes pete tong and again has to be removed. They are a pain in the arse. 

Voted no, I have faith in the current dayzrp Dev team, there work is solid especially¬†my boy @Watchmancanvas rain jacket plox ūüėČ

Edited by neom

While external mods are great and some really amazing stuff has been done. Considering how much the game gets updated now and how little control we still have over said updates....and how much they break every single mod....I'm gonna have to agree with the path the Staff take here. Yes it would be nice to add every cool mod we can find, but I'd rather have a stable game with a steady flow of original updates rather then a server that breaks nine different ways when the DayZ Dev's decide to modify three numbers in a thousand line code.

I like the current mods the server has. The more mods you have the more instable the server becomes making crashes more frequent. 

Maybe the classic names & descriptions mod would be nice? That's not really changing anything big so i doubt it would make the server unstable 

There is a risk that having too many mods will cause server issues, also I'm not a coder or developer of any sort but mod compatibility might become and issue if we start to add more in.

Only thing I would like to see is base building and storage mods. Maybe a fortify kind of thing? Not un-raidable but more like a survivor thing. Like food lockers or things like that

Love the mods, need more swedish stuff though and then we're talking.

There is a mod that adds a few more lore friendly weapons with working attachments and new basebuilding items including a weapon rack that shows the guns stored in it. Its called DayZPlus

I honestly don't know why third party gameplay mods can't get added , if it was an item then sure because of crashes and stuff once they get removed . But game play , surely if it's fucking up our mod we can just remove it no problem. 

Multiple reasons why there aren't an excess of third-party mods:

• The mods we have currently are in house, open source, or we have a team member who is credited to the mod, meaning we maintain control on updating the mods in a timely manner to ensure DayZ Retail updates do not leave us offline while waiting for third-party modders to update their mods.¬†
  • We are a monetized server, therefore we have to be mindful that we are not selling other people's intellectual property (in this case, the coding and artwork that went into their mod)¬†

4 minutes ago, Xehara said:

Multiple reasons why there aren't an excess of third-party mods:

• The mods we have currently are in house, open source, or we have a team member who is credited to the mod, meaning we maintain control on updating the mods in a timely manner to ensure DayZ Retail updates do not leave us offline while waiting for third-party modders to update their mods.¬†
  • We are a monetized server, therefore we have to be mindful that we are not selling other people's intellectual property (in this case, the coding and artwork that went into their mod)¬†

This. ^^^

Plus everyone has obsessions on mods. I'm happy with the mods we have. The DayZRP mod itself adds a bunch of awesome items and features that only our server gets. I'm a big fan of all the cosmetic items. And they have so much in the works as well. Storage, gun racks, storage cases, ladders. Just have faith in the mod development team and suggest things to them. They've added quite a few good suggestions so they are listening. 

More mods means more server instability. No thanks. It's already hard enough with the zombies going nuts and vehicles being near damn impossible to drive when the server is full/near full. 

Also most mods people want are gear focused... on a roleplay server... yeah no thanks.

1 hour ago, yuthee said:

This. ^^^

Plus everyone has obsessions on mods. I'm happy with the mods we have. The DayZRP mod itself adds a bunch of awesome items and features that only our server gets. I'm a big fan of all the cosmetic items. And they have so much in the works as well. Storage, gun racks, storage cases, ladders. Just have faith in the mod development team and suggest things to them. They've added quite a few good suggestions so they are listening. 

More mods means more server instability. No thanks. It's already hard enough with the zombies going nuts and vehicles being near damn impossible to drive when the server is full/near full. 

Also most mods people want are gear focused... on a roleplay server... yeah no thanks.

This i was not aware of. Ignore my comment about adding dayzplus then. If we can have our own modpack created by our devs then thats perfect. But on another note would it be at all possible to make a mod and or script to allow the melee slot to be used for another gun slot? Ive always wished to be able to have like an m4 and a mosin per say and have them both on my back so i dont have to open carry.

1 hour ago, yuthee said:

Also most mods people want are gear focusedÔĽŅ... on a roleplay server

None of the mods posted above have anything to do with gear except storage I guess, most of these are highly used and functional, permissions allowed quality of life improvements. (and they are still a rough collection)

No one wants janky new gun textures and poorly made items, it's about quality of life.

56 minutes ago, hypothermia90811 said:

Ive always wished to be able to have like an m4 and a mosin per say and have them both on my back so i dont have to open carry.

Unfortunately not possible. Been tried but nothing worked out.

If not through third party mods, would some of this ever be on the in-house to-do-list?  Stuff like Classic Names would be awesome to see on the server, and if we did it in house, we wouldn't have to worry about updates to DayZ or the mod author.

That being said, don't want to overwork the dev team, I'm just thankful we have one and for what they do for the community.