Server time (UTC): 2019-08-23, 01:19
Sign in to follow this  
Rockenbach

Best regions for RP

I've been wandering the lands for a while now (Still semi-new, though) but I haven't been finding much human contact besides the usual traveller. Does anyone know any popular spots with high population density? Thanks! 

Explore the world! Ask people!

Trust me, way more fun to actually find out yourself. 

Small tip. Some camp up north. 

Posted (edited)

Find out in game, it might be frustrating but it's much better in regards to immersing yourself in the RP. Be patient, it'll happen. Explore, ask questions about camps and settlements when interacting with people that you come across but remember to keep it all in character when asking those questions.

Edited by Samaritan

Posted (edited)

A few of my group members wandered the map together hitting rumored "hot spots" for about three hours last night and encountered only one random player.  Later, we spoke to another group member who had traveled to many of the same "hot spots" and found lots of players and role play.  Sometimes it's not enough to know the "hot spots," sometimes the timing has to be right as well.

Even though we didn't find the external role play we sought, we kept each other entertained as we traveled from Gorka to the triangle and eventually to the southern coast.  You might consider checking out the different groups on the forums.  A group can make wandering the lands less lonely.

https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/forum/281-dayz-groups/ 

Edited by Mia

Everywhere is a great spot to RP, yes most of the time you will be Alone BUT you can always have internal RP develop your character when he's alone on the road.

RP moves a lot, but there are current bases going around. Look at the IC Radio forums to get a starting point and let things happen organically. 

I'm going to be honest with you most people that just want to roleplay they head up north and just run over to people and rp that to me in the world we all live in here is not how I personally think it should be done it's not wrong to do this but imagine you really lived in this world I wouldn't be just running over to anyone I met.

I met a few people on the road on my own personal journey and they have turned out as great friends of Nate's and we have had some amazing roleplay just between our own group the struggles of building running low on food and overall morale the demise of Tim a group member I personally had to kill because he put all of our lives in danger.

So if I was you pal I would just keep doing what you're doing and eventually you'll find someone and maybe join them, either way, the roleplay will feel more real than just running over to a camp and hanging out there. 

Honestly, RP, varies based on location to location, there is no "Best region" as most people are nomadic and the groups who usually have bases/outposts set up, they won't let you in unless you're one of them or someone else in their base can vouch for you.

Yeah and also this kind of thread would be really something back in a day when we still had zero base building. Now that we do, people are more spread out on the map so you can honestly find people in the areas that were previously pretty much deserted. My advice would be - just go with your gut. If you're looking for people than try to find as much information as you can IC, use radio threads too because sometimes people actually post locations of their settlements or trading outpost.

I just sit around my campfire in the woods and that's about the best RP I get these days. :trolle:

RP moves around, actively looking for it, in my experience, results in disappointment, you are more likely to find RP doing your own thing with maybe 1 or 2 others, there are some spots that will be more popular than others but there is never a guaranteed RP location unless one is set up such as the summer camp near Tisy, gotta get out there and investigate for yourself, that's the best way to come across it.

If you want a higher chance to roleplay then going to the current hotspots ingame is always an alternative. Otherwise, find someone IC walk around for a bit and you'll eventually meet someone that you can interact with. 

Most place that I encountered having a high traffic is Stary and the area around there. Seems to be a lot of people camping out there or just coming through on their way somewhere else. 

Sticking around a central area like that you'll probably find someone in no time. 

Posted (edited)

Cherno Island

And up north

Triangle 

Military bases have people for the most

Edited by Dusty

dayz-map-0-61-new-spawn-1.png.1ce4728e47804b146387c2d29a479891.png

Whilst not perfect, the areas I've marked in green should have a decent population most of the time.

There are more areas of course, like GM, Tisy etc, however I haven't been there in a while and cannot say for sure.

I think that map may be the best thing to use mostly, but if you're looking for genuine rp then I believe yeah...stary, Novy, Gorka, and GM will most likely have hostiles people that will rob RP with you.

On 4/15/2019 at 3:07 PM, PhantomPlayin said:

I'm going to be honest with you most people that just want to roleplay they head up north and just run over to people and rp that to me in the world we all live in here is not how I personally think it should be done it's not wrong to do this but imagine you really lived in this world I wouldn't be just running over to anyone I met.

I met a few people on the road on my own personal journey and they have turned out as great friends of Nate's and we have had some amazing roleplay just between our own group the struggles of building running low on food and overall morale the demise of Tim a group member I personally had to kill because he put all of our lives in danger.

So if I was you pal I would just keep doing what you're doing and eventually you'll find someone and maybe join them, either way, the roleplay will feel more real than just running over to a camp and hanging out there. 

I remember the demise of Tim.  He gave you no choice!