Server time: 2019-04-19, 15:26
Bevis

What kind of group do you want to see?

Posted (edited)

Okay everyone,

Myself and my group are completely re-working our group itself because of some conflicts of interest and some other reasons. We're having a hard ass time deciding what to do because most if not all of my guys like a military-esq roleplay experience, as do I. We could do a civilian militia group but folks might not like that. I've asked around about CDF and it's promising but also may not get extremely great reception either. So we're just trying to find something to do that fits what we like and enjoy. What do you guys think?

What kind of group would you all like to see? Feel free to reply.

Edited by Bevis

I'd like to see a sort of firm that is comprised of private noir style detectives that hunt people and get info about various goings on on the behalf of others. 

Not really military style but...I would be interested to see a group rp as a former soccer(football?)/Rugby/Hockey team.  The interesting comradery that comes with it and how they survive afterwards with TEAMWORK!

That or a bunch of professional wrestlers who were putting on a show and got trapped there.  "Finaaaallly the Rock, has come back....to Chernarus!"

Something like that.

11 minutes ago, MR Pussywhipped said:

Not really military style but...I would be interested to see a group rp as a former soccer(football?)/Rugby/Hockey team.  The interesting comradery that comes with it and how they survive afterwards with TEAMWORK!

That or a bunch of professional wrestlers who were putting on a show and got trapped there.  "Finaaaallly the Rock, has come back....to Chernarus!"

Something like that.

You hoser.

I mean maybe make a group to combat against @GaryCash's group 😛
I am sure you could get some great RP from him and his group. Conflict breeds good stories so.

Me personally though I am not a fan of military RP, though I haven't seen it on the server too much as of this patch. Atm the servers a bit oversaturated w/ bandits.

I'd like to see something original brought to the table, there are some groups doing that atm which is nice to see. Though a lot of it is the same generic types to ordeals, whether it be bandits or heroes. I personally love anti-heroes, who come across as evil in nature but do good for those they know.

We do have our idea in mind and we will post a link soon. We appreciate the replies everyone! Keep em comin!

Posted (edited)

Not another military super soldier group... Just kidding if you want to do military I say do it EXCEPT realistically. It's the apocalypse soldiers may not be so formal anymore. They may be more emotional, actually feel pain when they get hit by a bullet etc. Too many military super soldiers in my experience. I think military is fine if done well.

Otherwise I'd like to see a group like major mentioned. That'd be interesting.

Maybe a group that drinks blood. Almost a cult that follows some Slavic vampire traditions. My imagination would always run when I found the Dracula book in game in the mini churches. Maybe this group believes it keeps them healthy and strong to do what they do.

A group of monks who are very spiritual and took an oath of peace. They would be very wise individuals spreading their philosophical wisdom to help those in need mentally.

Just some unique ideas there. Like I said I liked Major's idea. Each group would of course develop and maybe have different story arcs. Maybe the monks break their oath of peace. I don't know, either way good luck!

Edited by Glitch
Typo

Thanks again for the ideas y'all. We most likely will be going with a military-esq group, however we will do it as realistically as possible. For instance, some of our soldiers already have PTSD from prior tours of duty in the middle east or other service areas. 

Why not steal borrow some ideas from other games? Make a group dedicated to getting rid of weaponry too dangerous to be in the hands of anyone, bandits and heros alike. Make a group dedicated to hunting INFECTED, instead of humans. You could do all this in a military group as well, mind you. Give your military group a bigger purpose than just... being alive. 

Just my 2 cents. Good luck with your group!

Posted (edited)

Literally just a survival group, a bunch of Locals and Foreigners that just survive.. Have a little camp, scavenging and doing whatever necessary to survive. I feel that would make an RP experience that much better, knowing there isn't just a lot of "Super Soldier" groups out there.

Create a sanctuary, prove your worth by bringing back supplies, and either have a set leader, or lead as a group.

Edited by Cal

Love the idea. If I'm correct, there are a couple of groups dedicated to that out there as of now.

3 minutes ago, Bevis said:

Love the idea. If I'm correct, there are a couple of groups dedicated to that out there as of now.

More the merrier. More realistic to see 5+ groups of survivors.  

I'd love to see a proper mil sim Russian group, like SVR but on steroids (and by SVR I mean the mod SVR) 

One that can give decent PvP fights but consists of 100% new members. Good PvP is great, but fighting the same people over and over again becomes boring :L 

We need some new blood :L 

9 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

Ehm..

I would love to see a group that will bring fear into the server, a group that brings fear into the server without focussing on PVP. A group like "The Family" back in the day. It will be pretty hard because alot of groups will bigdick them and keep initiating on them but it would be amazing if they would continue their RP and not start to PVP themselves.

A group that can do the kind of like creepy cult RP that's supposed to be intimidating but can also back it up in game by being effective in hostile situations and PVP scenarios. Can you imagine? Like no shade to any cult like groups or anything like that but most of them will be the first to tell you that they can't PVP for the most part, and that's fine, their RP is still great. But can you imagine this creepy intimidating cult group that's full of genuinely evil people that can also win and be effective in PVP scenarios? That would be dumb lit. 

13 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

Ehm..

I would love to see a group that will bring fear into the server, a group that brings fear into the server without focussing on PVP. A group like "The Family" back in the day. It will be pretty hard because alot of groups will bigdick them and keep initiating on them but it would be amazing if they would continue their RP and not start to PVP themselves.

I agree with this and don't think a focus should be on PVP but I think the ability to do so should be there. You know why, for instance, most military lore factions at the beginning of the lore didn't work out too well in my eyes? Because they were full of phenomenal roleplayers but hardly a single soul that could PVP good if the occasion rose, or would not comply in a certain situations that didn't make a ton of sense. While good roleplay came of it, it also led to them being somewhat of a mockery in game sometimes. I strongly feel that if they fought back and even won a few battles, people ICLY would look back on them fonder within the current lore. 

While the focus should always be on roleplay, I do think that to a certain degree, a group needs to be able to back up what they say in game otherwise they just become a laughing stock like, your lore can be cool and scary, your characters well written, and they equally as spooky, but if your cult group always complies to an initiation or always loses a firefight, i'm sorry but i'm just not going to be that spooked by you in game if that's the case. If I hear that there's another cult group running around that destroyed groups that are known to be able to fight well in game, then i'd be absolutely terrified. 

This is just one mans opinion though, not meant to be targeted at anyone specific nor offend anyone from the group I mentioned, just an observation from where i'm standing. 

1)  An independent war correspondent & reporter team that got stuck in Chernarus but are still doing their job, spreading news about happenings around South Zagoria. 

-  Publishes a weekly / monthly newspaper with articles on forum on a media thread.
- Has interviews with people around South Zagoria
- Weekly / monthly issues they report on, like rumors, heck even relationship drama if they get desperate enough
- Possibility that they could be used as a propaganda team for various groups?

(Interviewers, cameramen, audio-crew, reporters on the scene of hostilities, events, etc)  Get that press vest some usage yeah?

2) WHEN/IF a bigger city ever gets populated and turned into a rp hub. A genuine "police" force with a rougher hand that cracks down on anything that happens in said city. Keeping order  (though it's a longshot).  I think it would be nice to see some more hostile groups from the outside trying to corrupt the city, and the local policing force using detectives / riot control / undercover to sort out drug rings, cults, whatever pops up trying to attack the city instead of just "Group A wants to take over said city and starts a huge firefight." Having an actual city with political play, elections that could be rigged, people paid off, taxes for people living there.  Lots of opportunities.

I would personally like a farming group that supply's the settlements around the Map with food but my idea is kinda useless unless the devs lower the canned food.

15 hours ago, Bevis said:

Okay everyone,

Myself and my group are completely re-working our group itself because of some conflicts of interest and some other reasons. We're having a hard ass time deciding what to do because most if not all of my guys like a military-esq roleplay experience, as do I. We could do a civilian militia group but folks might not like that. I've asked around about CDF and it's promising but also may not get extremely great reception either. So we're just trying to find something to do that fits what we like and enjoy. What do you guys think?

What kind of group would you all like to see? Feel free to reply.

13 hours ago, Mugin said:

You hoser.

I mean maybe make a group to combat against @GaryCash's group 😛
I am sure you could get some great RP from him and his group. Conflict breeds good stories so.

Me personally though I am not a fan of military RP, though I haven't seen it on the server too much as of this patch. Atm the servers a bit oversaturated w/ bandits.

I'd like to see something original brought to the table, there are some groups doing that atm which is nice to see. Though a lot of it is the same generic types to ordeals, whether it be bandits or heroes. I personally love anti-heroes, who come across as evil in nature but do good for those they know.

I have a second group in mind that would serve as a Lore Enemy of Potius Cras -- would be awesome to have this come to fruition soon-- 

Edited by GaryCash

9 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

I would honestly like a active group that would put fear into play again in an "edgy" way, torture etc. 

Did I hear The Lost Damned Souls?

A few friends and mine have something like that in mind but we're waiting to see how long our characters last with the given IC conflict already.

I know the Toy Collectors are doing a bang up job in terms of some unique torture, fear RP. 

Groups I'd like to see:

• Real estate agents/Construction workers. Scour the country and find me a home to meet my needs, then help me move into said home and fortify it.
  • Alternative Medicin Cult. Be a snake oil salesman that tries to recruit people into the fold like a pyramid scheme, selling their snake oil
  • Missionaries. We are in Revelations as we speak, save the heretics
  • Traveling street performers. Entertain me. 
Edited by Xehara

I would like to see a group with mad scientists who have their trusted guarded men.
Not like any merchant, but like a less smarter brother / family member who does everything to protect his brothers / sisters who are trying to save the world from infected.
Maybe like the game : Last of Us.

The group called FireFlies trying to do the good, but sometimes have to do less 'good' things to get to their goals.

Main focus would be research of narcotics, the infected , radio transmissions, try to get hold of the outer world.
I know its hard to Roleplay like that, but if you ask the staff if one of can do IC outer world communication to hype other players in the game.

This will require some dedicated role play and time.

Edited by Horse

I'm always fascinated by groups that try to establish a government and a citizenship of sorts. So a sovereign state, I guess? I bet it would require a lot of effort, but I think that it would provide a lot of interesting internal RP and the group could potentially become quite large with enough citizens. Could also merge in a militaresque group in it to be the state's army, a farmer group to provide food for the citizens, etc...