Server time: 2019-04-18, 17:26
Steffaaan

Banned for OOC

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: The verdict says that I broke character multiple times, while I only did it once and it resulted in my dead. In real life I would also use the word ''Glitched'' to describe a malfunction, for example: When the elevator gets stuck, you can say that the elevator is glitched. This is not OOC talking and I find it weird that I get punished for that. 7 days is really long because I complied to everything they said, showed fear of my life but I didn't speak English that well making it sound extra ''trollish'' I would like to get this reduced because I deserve to get punished but 7 days is way too long since I gave roleplay in this scenario. The ''fishing'' noises are also a strange thing to say, because you can easily make these kind of sounds while drowning. I said that I felt like a fish to make them laugh and stay alive, still showing that I wanted to stay alive.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I understand that the term ''Ingame'' cannot be used and this was indeed rulebreaking, but 7 days for this is way too harsh.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Get it reduced.

What could you have done better?: I could practice my speaking abilities, check better to not talk OOC and engage more into roleplaying.

Hello @Steffaaan,

another group of staff members has taken a look at your appeal and came to the conclusion to deny it. After rewatching the video evidence provided, there is no doubt in our mind that the behaviour you displayed could not even be deemed as sub-par roleplay. Throughout the encounter you are caught talking Out Of Character several times, using terms such as "glitched" and "being in game"; the argument that you used these terms properly in this situation is not sustained. We do not need to address your trollish behaviour any more than has already been done in the appeal; using racist stereotypes for a cheap laugh has never and will never been tolerated in this community. You are expected to behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in, keeping the current world situation and context of post-apocalyptic world in mind. (3.2) You have somehow accrued 25 warning points in less than two weeks. Temper your attitude, seek help from veteran players to improve your roleplay,  and consider your next moves wisely if you wish to remain in this community.

Appeal denied: Points and ban remain.

Signed by: @Pontiff, @Banshee & @DrMax